Orange rocker 30

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Re: Orange rocker 30

Post by a.hun » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:21 am

mselego wrote:Damn good explanation.....
And your appreciation is damn well appreciated right back at you! :D

Says a lot though not just about the amp but the Orange cab too that the OB212 isn't shy of a straight fight with the
4x12 Hayden. They are a decent enough make - basically the guitar branch of Ashdown bass amps. The current ones come with Eminence Read Coat "The Guvnor' drivers, which are not too shoddy either. Different makers specs mean slightly different things, but the (Eminence) 102dB rating is probably roughly the same as the Celestion V.30s 100db rating. So with the two extra speakers the 4x12 should genuinely be louder by a couple of dB. I suspect if you swapped amps / cabs the volume difference might be even more dramatic. Of course it might also be that the Eminence speakers tonality doesn't suit the Orange amps quite as well as the Celestion V.30 does. As far as I know though they are a 'British' sounding driver with good mids, so they should be a fair match!)

At any rate there are plenty of other factors than just wattage alone which decide just how loud an amp will be.

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

BillaBoB

Post by BillaBoB » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Cheers for the perfect explanation mate. You oviously know a thing or two about amps.

This amp certainly is a whole lotta amp. Got it for only £400 aswell. I mean thats rediculously cheap for an amp soo amazing. But thats kinda average for what they going for on the used market atm.

letsneck

Post by letsneck » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:11 pm

BillaBoB wrote:Right i just got me an orange rocker 30 and i have a question.

I have band practise tomorrow and i didnt get a footswitch with it, but i have a jet city single footswitch.

My question is will the jet city footswitch work with the rocker 30 and will it damage it if i use it with the rocker 30?
Any chance you would be willing to send me a private message with a few pictures of the inside wiring on your Jet City footswitch? You would really help me out. I have not been able to find a schematic for the footswitch. Thank you in advance