way OT!!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

cheacher
Rocker

way OT!!

Post by cheacher » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:49 pm

Browsing thru some old maiden videos on youtube earlier, and i noticed this "nicki minaj" keeps popping up on the bar on the right as a suggestion!?!?! now i have noticed her before on previous bands i have searched for.

i've never felt inclined to click on this video until tonight, and OH MY GOD!! WHAT IS THAT SH!T???? 34 million views in a short space of time? is she some sort of pisstake or what? i dont get it at all!!

also why is she popping up when i search for GNR, maiden, metallica etc??

my thought is some record label paying mega money to youtube to pump this absolute garbage into peoples homes, regardless of wether they have heard of the "artist" (and i use that in the loosest sense possible), are interested in the music or what, you see that link often enough and eventually, chances are u click it.

my point, i suppose, is why dont they invest the same time/money into bands that will not be some flash in the pan, 1 hit wonder, and could maybe keep making them money through good music and solid fan bases? i mean lets be honest if this is all the next generation has got to be inspired by the future looks very bleak indeed....

Dark Helmet
Orange Master

Re: way OT!!

Post by Dark Helmet » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:29 pm

yes, it's an attrocity.

I suggest napalming all of the LA Basin.
Dark Lord of the Schwartz
AD15/12
AD30TC
AD50
AD140
Thunderverb50

2016 Gibson LP Standard
2012 Gibson LP Classic Custom
2017 Gibson Firebird Studio T
Epi Les Paul (used to be) Standard
2018 Taylor 616CE

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:56 pm

cheacher wrote:Browsing thru some old maiden videos on youtube earlier...
As you do... :lol:

(Just thought I'd save Randy the bother! :wink:)

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:41 am

I checked out Nicki Minaj on YouTube and thought it was pretty good, though I did have the sound turned off. She looks a lot better than Bruce Dickinson :wink: .