Question for Cat people

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

jason41224
Orange Master

Re: Question for Cat people

Post by jason41224 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:54 am

the crazy thing is that at a certain point, cats survive more falls from HIGHER heights more than lower; i guess it gives them more time to get their feet under 'em. i think andy's article mentioned that, but i can't be sure.
Jason
Rocker 30
too many pedals

Bandeapart
Orange Master

Post by Bandeapart » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:55 am

I have 3 kitties, they used to go for my grill cloth, but if you get them a proper scratcher, like the $8 one from Trader Joe's that you can drop cat nip into, they'd much rather go for that than the boring non-catnip amp.

P.S. - I reported you all for animal abuse.
Orange AD30TC, Rickenbacker 360, 52RI Tele

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:30 am

Wow, I start a thread about cats on the Orange forum and it's gets up to 3 pages :lol: Anyone have an Orange cat?

Ddjembe Mutombo
Orange Master

Post by Ddjembe Mutombo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:22 pm

Mine is just the color orange. He is not manufactured by Orange.
Monty

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:32 pm

Ddjembe Mutombo wrote:Mine is just the color orange. He is not manufactured by Orange.
Orange clone?

Bink
Orange Master

Post by Bink » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:14 pm

I have two cats and one of them is Orange! :D
I keep my music room door shut. They don't like my amp though and I doubt they'd scratch it but I'm not willing to take the chance.
My cat in the UK wouldn't go near my amp either.
Chris
PRS CU22
Present: TT, PPC 112 (Heritage G12M)
Past: AD15
Image Image

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:39 pm

Jondog wrote:
a.hun wrote:Cat would probably survive BTW - 9 lives and all that. And anyway they land well. One study apparently showed that in falls from skyscrapers 95% of cats survived falls from above the 6th story.
http://ffden-2.phys.uaf.edu/211.web.stuff/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Andy.
yeah I know, that's why I throw them. I figure it's not cruel if they're ok, but it feels good and it's fun! Have you thrown a cat lately? Great stress reliever! Hard day at work? Throw a cat and relax! :lol:
Not out a window I haven't!

But... an allegedly true story from an old friend of mine in Scotland:

When he was a student living in a student flat, one of the other guys there, a physics student, designed a parachute and harness for the flat cat. He tested it with weights and when happy they tried it with the cat.

The cat apparently LOVED it, and would hassle people to throw it from the 5th floor balcony. Like I said, I like their attitude! 8) 8) 8)

Remember there is always the 5% who don't survive. Probably many more get badly injured. So whatever Jondog says Andycat isn't suggesting to anybody here that an airborne cat is a happy cat! :lol:
Les Paul Lover wrote:Our 2 whites cats are scared from guitars. I just need to pluck an electric, unplugged, for them to run away. The youngest will usually hide in his safe place whe I play too loud.... behind the washing machine..... bless!!!! :lol:
Our two totally ignore my playing. (Best thing really!) In fact the only thing other than guests guaranteed to send our older one into hiding (behind my computer screen!) is me hauling out the Dyson cylinder vacuum. The youngster though, well she follows me about as I'm using it and plays with the cleaning head - great game! :roll:

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

colfaxrev
Orange Expert

Post by colfaxrev » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:21 pm

the only cat I have is a bad one, and boy is that feline LOUD
http://animalbeast.fm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:06 pm

colfaxrev wrote:the only cat I have is a bad one, and boy is that feline LOUD
Oh yeah. Even their 15 watters are ungodly loud. The 30 watters are just ridiculous. Great sounding amps too, really bad! 8)

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!