Question for Cat people

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Ddjembe Mutombo
Orange Master

Re: Question for Cat people

Post by Ddjembe Mutombo » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:24 am

jason41224 wrote:i have a cat, but she's pretty tame. the most she'll do is sit on top of the R30. she knows better than to scratch my cabs.
My 12 pounder likes to sit on top of my ADAM A7's like a gargoyle. The 19 pounder just lays around and looks at mobile objects. They both are afraid of my amps.
Monty

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:51 am

Ddjembe Mutombo wrote:
jason41224 wrote:i have a cat, but she's pretty tame. the most she'll do is sit on top of the R30. she knows better than to scratch my cabs.
My 12 pounder likes to sit on top of my ADAM A7's like a gargoyle. The 19 pounder just lays around and looks at mobile objects. They both are afraid of my amps.
19 pounder?! You are an unfit Mother. Your cats will be placed in the custody of Carl's Jr.

Ddjembe Mutombo
Orange Master

Post by Ddjembe Mutombo » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:00 am

Haha. I can't think of an adequate response quote from Idiocracy. You have check mated me so I'll just post a picture of my two man cats who I believe are gay lovers.

Orange one is Maxxx (12 lbs). Gray one is Tedd (19 lbs). I'd guess Maxxx is the pitcher while Tedd is the catcher.
Monty

JackoMBA
Orange Hero

Post by JackoMBA » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:05 pm

Awww come on man, feline and rock n' roll have always gone hand in hand. ;)

I'd have a cat if I wasn't allergic. I can only imagine the dust bunnies behind my gear. They're pretty brutal already.
Amps: Orange TH30, Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier, Eleven Rack, Peavey Vypyr Tube 60.
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard LE (Manhattan Midnight blue), Greco white LP, Burny honeyburst LP, PRS Torero.

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:58 pm

Ddjembe Mutombo wrote:Image
I changed my mind. Those cats definitely belong indoors. They've had way too many Extra Big Ass Fries to survive outdoors.

Also, cats are too arrogant to be gay.

Ddjembe Mutombo
Orange Master

Post by Ddjembe Mutombo » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:51 pm

Randy Bass wrote: Also, cats are too arrogant to be gay.
That is what I thought until I walked in on them "cleaning" each other...
Monty

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:37 am

:shock:

Dark Helmet
Orange Master

Post by Dark Helmet » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:24 am

Randy Bass wrote:Cats should live outside like animals, since they are animals.

this.

I hate cats. I'd rather have the dumbest dog on earth...
Dark Lord of the Schwartz
AD15/12
AD30TC
AD50
AD140
Thunderverb50

2016 Gibson LP Standard
2012 Gibson LP Classic Custom
2017 Gibson Firebird Studio T
Epi Les Paul (used to be) Standard
2018 Taylor 616CE

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:49 pm

[color=#FF0000][b]Jondog[/b][/color] wrote:I don't have a cat, don't want one. But I was thinking this today when I was in a pet store. They sell these cat scratching things that almost look like the same material used on Orange cab grills, anyone have a cat trying to scratch on their cab? Personally I chuck the bastard out the 2nd story window.......
Always wondered if you were a cat lover... :P

Cat would probably survive BTW - 9 lives and all that. And anyway they land well. One study apparently showed that in falls from skyscrapers 95% of cats survived falls from above the 6th story.
http://ffden-2.phys.uaf.edu/211.web.stu ... locity.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bclaire wrote:That's why they sell covers....
Yep. But as soon as I take an amp cover off one of our two cats is guaranteed to jump inside it and start trying to claw its way out! The other one just prefers to sit on nice warm amps. Every cat is different! :lol:

I've had lots of cats over the years. You never know what any individual cat is going to enjoy attacking. If you want to live with cats you can't be too precious about your possessions. Luckily I've had no amp damage. Did have to chuck out a load of cables years ago from a box that got peed in though - you can never lose that smell... :evil:

I like (some / many) dogs well enough, but cats are clearly way more sussed! :wink: Cats do what THEY want, not what YOU want. If you don't like that you don't like cats. Personally I like their attitude! 8)

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

sidvicious
Orange Master

Post by sidvicious » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:03 pm

i've got two man scotties. they piss on everything. but i wouldn't trade'em for a million dollars.
Orange TV50
Orange Rockerverb MkII 2x12 Combo
Orange DT
Orange AD5
Orange PPC212

Vox AC50
Vox AC30
Vox AC4
2 Vox NT's
Marshall TlS 100
Marshall JCM800
Marshall slant
Mesa TA
60's Silverface Fender Twin
65 F SuperVerb
Bunch of others.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:14 pm

a.hun wrote:Cat would probably survive BTW - 9 lives and all that. And anyway they land well. One study apparently showed that in falls from skyscrapers 95% of cats survived falls from above the 6th story.
http://ffden-2.phys.uaf.edu/211.web.stu ... locity.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Andy.

That is one sick study!!!! :shock:

Our 2 whites cats are scared from guitars. I just need to pluck an electric, unplugged, for them to run away. The youngest will usually hide in his safe place whe I play too loud.... behind the washing machine..... bless!!!! :lol:
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:15 pm

Ddjembe Mutombo wrote:Haha. I can't think of an adequate response quote from Idiocracy. You have check mated me so I'll just post a picture of my two man cats who I believe are gay lovers.

Orange one is Maxxx (12 lbs). Gray one is Tedd (19 lbs). I'd guess Maxxx is the pitcher while Tedd is the catcher.

awwwww they're soooo cute!
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Jabberwocky
Orange Expert

Post by Jabberwocky » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:31 pm

Not that bothered about cats. Can take em or leave em, but my daughter wanted one so hey, no worries. Saw it eyeing my 2 x 12 grill cloth from close quarters on day. One power chord through my R30 dimed and it has never entered my music room since.

My brother's cat however, likes to sleep in back of his Peavey Deuce combo and remains there whilst he plays.

Strange creatures, cats.
Fender USA Standard Stratocaster
Gordon Smith Galaxy
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Faith Jupiter Jumbo Acoustic
Orange Rocker 30 HD
Orange Micro Terror
Orange PPC 212 OB
Lead
Plectrum
Attitude
Sorted!

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:38 pm

a.hun wrote:
[color=#FF0000][b]Jondog[/b][/color] wrote:I don't have a cat, don't want one. But I was thinking this today when I was in a pet store. They sell these cat scratching things that almost look like the same material used on Orange cab grills, anyone have a cat trying to scratch on their cab? Personally I chuck the bastard out the 2nd story window.......
Always wondered if you were a cat lover... :P

Cat would probably survive BTW - 9 lives and all that. And anyway they land well. One study apparently showed that in falls from skyscrapers 95% of cats survived falls from above the 6th story.
http://ffden-2.phys.uaf.edu/211.web.stuff/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Andy.
yeah I know, that's why I throw them. I figure it's not cruel if they're ok, but it feels good and it's fun! Have you thrown a cat lately? Great stress reliever! Hard day at work? Throw a cat and relax! :lol:

philhed
Rocker

Post by philhed » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:45 pm

Ddjembe Mutombo wrote: They worst thing that has ever happened is one decided to piss on my pedal board.
i have a 2Watt fender sliverface mini-amp that my man-cat once covered completely with puke! :shock:

if i ever order something at fender´s custom shop, i´ll send them a pic to replicate this unique "cat-puke" look