Pics of your homemade gear

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Mrjones2004x
Orange Master

Pics of your homemade gear

Post by Mrjones2004x » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:52 am

I modify stuff a lot but haven't done alot of homebuilds. I'm gonna build a fuzz soon I think but it would be nice to see what other people have built. Anything gear related

Only pedal ive made,

It's a volume and tone pedal just like the controls on your guitar. Benifitial for me as my charvel only has a volume knob which I wired to split for single coils.
Didn't start a normal look at my pedal thread as I guess not many people would be interested :lol:

Let's see your stuff!
Tone is everything

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Re: Pics of your homemade gear

Post by Jondog » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:31 pm

Guitar pick

billyclg

Post by billyclg » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:35 pm

I built my main touring guitar. It's a La Cabronita style telecaster. I call her La Almeja Barbuda aka The Clam.

Here she is with the main touring rig. I'm going to build another soon, and I've also built a red llama OD clone that our bassist currently uses but I am going to be stealing it back because I miss it's awesome toanz.

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:50 am

Mrjones2004x wrote:I modify stuff a lot but haven't done alot of homebuilds. I'm gonna build a fuzz soon I think but it would be nice to see what other people have built. Anything gear related

Only pedal ive made,

It's a volume and tone pedal just like the controls on your guitar. Benifitial for me as my charvel only has a volume knob which I wired to split for single coils.
Didn't start a normal look at my pedal thread as I guess not many people would be interested :lol:

Let's see your stuff!
That actually looks awesome. It's a good idea too - it would be great for a Les Paul Junior since they don't have 4 knobs or a toggle.

jason41224
Orange Master

Post by jason41224 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:05 am

billyclg wrote:I built my main touring guitar. It's a La Cabronita style telecaster. I call her La Almeja Barbuda aka The Clam.

Here she is with the main touring rig. I'm going to build another soon, and I've also built a red llama OD clone that our bassist currently uses but I am going to be stealing it back because I miss it's awesome toanz.

that's a sick rig you've got there. tell ms. Barbuda i said hello ;)
Jason
Rocker 30
too many pedals

billyclg

Post by billyclg » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:57 pm

jason41224 wrote: that's a sick rig you've got there. tell ms. Barbuda i said hello ;)
Thank ye. I most definitely shall. She's teaching me the awesome ways of in between tones on her single volume knob lately.

guilleonline
Orange Hero

Post by guilleonline » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:08 pm

Does my "open back" concept counts?

it was awesome to confirm the V30 inside :D but I'm not too sure about the OB idea. it sounds good but the amp sound way more trebly and I have to compensate a lot in the eq. but it does soen't great once I found the sweet spot. It might be a problem with a single coil though I'd assume.
There is nothing like a fender clean, but there is nothing like an orange crunch

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:27 pm

:shock:

guilleonline
Orange Hero

Post by guilleonline » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:52 pm

Jondog wrote::shock:

Hahaha I know is the Frankenstein of cabs!
There is nothing like a fender clean, but there is nothing like an orange crunch

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:39 pm

guilleonline wrote:

Your problem might be that it is TOO open. Try covering 1/2-3/4's of the back up. You basically just have a frame with a speaker and baffle and no where for the sound to resonate.

guilleonline
Orange Hero

Post by guilleonline » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:40 pm

Jondog wrote:
guilleonline wrote:

Your problem might be that it is TOO open. Try covering 1/2-3/4's of the back up. You basically just have a frame with a speaker and baffle and no where for the sound to resonate.
YEah that's what I figured but I ran out of time and had to get ready for work.

I 'll find a couple of board pieces at the home depot and cover the top and bottom leaving only the mid section exposed. Seem like by covering the bottom side gives more low end. I just wanted to test it real quick

JackoMBA
Orange Hero

Post by JackoMBA » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:56 pm

Very cool guys! I love modding/building/breaking gear things. Here's some of the stuff I've built:

The white cab is a 2x12 vertical I built.

The white head is a Peavy Vypyr Tube 60. I hated its ugly combo look, so I built a head enclosure and covered in white croc. print leather (rawhide).

My last build was the 4x12 Orange cabinet. It's 29" x 31" but it looks more rectangular than that because of the wide angle lens I used.
Amps: Orange TH30, Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier, Eleven Rack, Peavey Vypyr Tube 60.
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard LE (Manhattan Midnight blue), Greco white LP, Burny honeyburst LP, PRS Torero.

guilleonline
Orange Hero

Post by guilleonline » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:33 am

JackoMBA wrote:Very cool guys! I love modding/building/breaking gear things. Here's some of the stuff I've built:

The white cab is a 2x12 vertical I built.

The white head is a Peavy Vypyr Tube 60. I hated its ugly combo look, so I built a head enclosure and covered in white croc. print leather (rawhide).

My last build was the 4x12 Orange cabinet. It's 29" x 31" but it looks more rectangular than that because of the wide angle lens I used.
Great stuff man. Wish I knew hw to make a head to house my Vibrolux. And also to rewire it to work with more than just 4ohms.

ESBlonde
Orange Master

Post by ESBlonde » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:16 pm

A 1x10" cab to sit my TT on in the house.

A big pedal board case for everything.

A Huge Cable trunk with 3 lift out boxes and all the mic stands underneath.

I never think to photo most of the stuff I make, it's just part of running the band/sound/lights.
Here we go; three, four...

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:01 am