Collaborating on tunes....

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

pages plexitone
Orange Master

Collaborating on tunes....

Post by pages plexitone » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:17 pm

So I loaded up 3 new tunes

http://www.purevolume.com/new/joewgorman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Disappear has a buddy in Dallas playing bass and another buddy in Oregon singing backup in a couple parts. The left channel guitar is my AD140.

Go Away is a tune by the Japanese band The Nuts (girl band) so I had to change some lyrics in the beginning. It's fairly faithful to their version until about 1:43 and I couldn't help myself but to go down the Jim Morrison setting in with Zeppelin path.....

Raven Blues is just alternate tuning fun...

-Joe

http://soundclick.com/blackvelvetelvis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Purveyor of permanent hearing loss since 1978

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Re: Collaborating on tunes....

Post by OrangePaul » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:26 pm

Will have to have a listen when I can later.
It's a way cool idea though collaborating online.
Paul.

pages plexitone
Orange Master

Post by pages plexitone » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:49 am

Heck yeah. Across oceans even. I think we should put an orange forum tune together!

-Joe

http://soundclick.com/blackvelvetelvis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:26 am

Harmony central do that on the electric guitar forum, they come up with some good stuff at times too.

I'll give your stuff a listen later in the next few days - got to plug in soundcard and my "crap but better than laptop speakers" speakers to do your stuff some justice.

Edit:

WOuld it be easy to import it in Pro Tools to record over it?
How does one manage that?
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Post by OrangePaul » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 pm

Haha I read your thread title as Collaborating on itunes, somehow :)
So did your buddies actually collaborate remotely via the interweb then?

Sure it can be done Ant yeah...guess it depends on the format used. Any idea on the format they use over on Harmony Central?
Paul.

pages plexitone
Orange Master

Post by pages plexitone » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:06 am

Yep, they emailed me their contributions. So yeah, I took .aiff files and imported them into audiodesk. Peace of cake...

-Joe

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Post by OrangePaul » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:49 pm

pages plexitone wrote:So I loaded up 3 new tunes

http://www.purevolume.com/new/joewgorman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Disappear has a buddy in Dallas playing bass and another buddy in Oregon singing backup in a couple parts. The left channel guitar is my AD140.

Go Away is a tune by the Japanese band The Nuts (girl band) so I had to change some lyrics in the beginning. It's fairly faithful to their version until about 1:43 and I couldn't help myself but to go down the Jim Morrison setting in with Zeppelin path.....

Raven Blues is just alternate tuning fun...
Just listened to that first track on some decent speakers for the very first time it sounds great man!
Very nice job :D
Paul.

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:57 pm

Les Paul Lover wrote:Harmony central do that on the electric guitar forum, they come up with some good stuff at times too.

I'll give your stuff a listen later in the next few days - got to plug in soundcard and my "crap but better than laptop speakers" speakers to do your stuff some justice.

Edit:

WOuld it be easy to import it in Pro Tools to record over it?
How does one manage that?
You could just import the MP3 but you'd need to have your session set up for 44.1kHz I believe. It would be best to get a WAV file hopefully at 96kHz first.

savage8190
Orange Master

Post by savage8190 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:04 pm

I'd love to collaborate on some tunes...it would be new for me, but would give me something to work towards. I have a buddy that I always planned to do something with...namely, I would lay down a rhythm track and he would do some lead work on it, but he never has time (or maybe he just doesn't care) and never got around to it.

Orange4Ever

Post by Orange4Ever » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:15 am

I guess my neighbors will get some free guitars and amps now.. After listening to your stuff, i have thrown all mine out the back door. :P I like your style sir'. Now i need to go practice some more. C-YA

pages plexitone
Orange Master

Post by pages plexitone » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:38 am

Sorry man, I've changed the tunes again....the first song now is just me and my 12 year old doing sleepwalk. You are probably wondering what the heck I was talking about.

I'll lay down a rhythm track and post it when I'm done. But, who wants to play bass???? :D

-Joe

whiteyanderson
Rocker

Post by whiteyanderson » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:49 am

This is how me and my buddies and old band mates are writing an album. I'm in L.A., two of them are in Texas and one is in Colorado. We hash out tunes long distance via file swap to practice to and expand upon, then meet up every 4 months give or take. We take turns on travel to make it fair on everyone.

It's a little tricky at times as we are working on some looooong songs. Like 4 songs equal 80+ minutes long. And some stuff can only be hashed out really well in person dynamic-wise. But, it makes for a really interesting and rewarding experience. Plus, there's really a whole lot less stress than being in a "meet 2 to 3 times a week and stumble home drunk and wake up the wife" kind of project. You also need to have a cabinet or amp and maybe a guitar in each location, I just move a head and guitar back and forth.

Anyway, it's coming along real well and the eventual goal is once we have everything real solid, we'll pay for some real studio and mastering time, and then press it to vinyl.
Rockerverb 50 MK I head
Miscellaneous PPC212's and PPC412's
Gibson Satin Ebony Les Paul Studio
Gibson Fireburst Les Paul Studio