hearing not only a volume difference, but also a
more muted tone from the low input? Less highs and
bottom. A Les Paul seems to work best through the
high input, while a Strat is less harsh through the
low. Or am I just living on Mars?

mike
Orange Expert

Post by mike » Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:05 pm

You are perfectly right. low input can be interesting if you want less saturation but it will sound some liveless. you have to try with your feeling...

Meole
Orange Master

Post by Meole » Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:04 am

High and low inputs are usually for active and passive pickup sytems.
The high is for active style pickups that have a battery giving more output.
The low is for non-active passive pickups.

Chad Burger

Post by Chad Burger » Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:22 am

i had the same quibble recently i bought a AD30TC and was dismayed mid gig when my guitar would just be all muted and pull disappearing acts when the rest of the band cranked.....i was gonna burn my jazzmaster (a little excessive i know) until i figured id been using the low input and now on high it sounds a treat! i feel like a bit of a tool though

affection is the most important thing- j. richman

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:28 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
i had the same quibble recently i bought a AD30TC and was dismayed mid gig when my guitar would just be all muted and pull disappearing acts when the rest of the band cranked.....i was gonna burn my jazzmaster (a little excessive i know) until i figured id been using the low input and now on high it sounds a treat! i feel like a bit of a tool though

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

which is really weird since the AD30TC combo doesn't have two inputs- only one- it does have two channels. These guys are referring to older heads which had two inputs- a high and low input- I'd have to look at the schematic but I think that there is just a couple of resistors or something across the low input to bring down the signal. That would account for the differnece in volume and the muted tone- just think about the caps or whatever inside the guitar for the tone control. Same idea I think... Billy

Chad Burger

Post by Chad Burger » Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:08 am

sorry kids my typo....erm yeah i was referring to the second CHANNEL...as pointed out by Billy the AD30TC only has one input....told you im a bit of a tool

ahem!