My new GTL/Matamp customer service rules

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Leron

Post by Leron » Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:10 pm

Only the short wait until tommorow morning until I get it (according to Matamp). They're such friendly and helpful guys. I have been informed it'll be a serial number #1 due to it being the first gtl ever made with a boost control after the factory master (so it can supposedly kick out Recto gain at crank). I can't wait (:
Leon

Meole
Orange Master

Post by Meole » Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:10 am

Where did you order it from, the U.K. factory or the U.S. distributor?
Are you getting just a head or cabs as well, and if you don't mind, what will it cost you?
What colour did you get as well?

Leron

Post by Leron » Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:35 pm

Well, I'm a bit irritated 'cos I haven't got it yet but.... I'm getting it from the UK factory (I live in England) and as of yet I'm only purchasing the head, but I'll get a cab soon enough (I get paid Friday) although this will double up the postage fee but I don't mind. I ordered mine in burgandy rexine (although they say this isn't available on the website) which in turn means gold plated corner covers (nice) and a white face plate with the Matamp name across the front (and Jeff (the boss) has countless times on the phone told me how beautiful it is). I'm presuming your only fluent in dollars but it cost me the exact price quoted on the website (something like £655 + £22.50 postage) and engraving was included. 120/60 watt. Glad to be of assistance.

Meole
Orange Master

Post by Meole » Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:50 pm

I've got a head coming as well. I have a sister who lives very close to the U.K. factory,
and she got them to make one for me. It will be Green in colour.
The price is a lot cheaper than going through the U.S. distributor.
It will say custom made for me on the back, you too I guess, most likely every one is.
They should be sending it off to me shortly. 140/70 watt.

Leron

Post by Leron » Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:09 am

That's damn cool, did you have yours custom spec'd or was it off the shelf? My is just an off the shelf GTL (the first off the shelf (: ) as I was convinced by Dave Green (I think, the engineer) that the standard was fine for my needs. They told me nobody tends to buy their amps this powerful exept from the occasional overseas order, so two in such a short space of time should keep them happy. They built it within 1 1/2 weeks when they said it'd be about 4 but it's now nearly two weeks overdue postage wise. Ahh well, good things come to those who wait eh?
Leon

Meole
Orange Master

Post by Meole » Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:15 am

Yeah it's just a standard GTL model. I wanted one in Orange first, Green second.
Was told they couldn't do Orange so Green it is.
Don't mind, I drive a green Kawasaki, "Go Green or Go Home" is their saying!
Can't wait myself, but it will surely be worth it. When it comes, I'll have an Orange and a Green!

Leron

Post by Leron » Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:38 pm

I got it! It's nothing short of amazing in every respect, cosmetically at least, I'm waiting for the 4x12 for the true experience. It's huge and red and looks evil. I can just imagine it in the background of a black and white photo of some 70s band or something. I can't wait to try it. Meole, got yours yet?

Meole
Orange Master

Post by Meole » Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:59 pm

I'm still waiting for mine, it should arrive soon, hopefully. Good to hear that you have received yours.
As the saying goes, good things come to those who wait.
Post a picture of it somewhere so we can see it, if you can.
We understand you are preoccupied, you just got a new amp! Enjoy.

Leron

Post by Leron » Sun Jun 29, 2003 3:57 pm

I don't have a digital camera or a scanner unfortunately so I can't get a picture up at the moment but I'll try. Mine took a long time because the made a big mess up with all the address labels (I was told) so that may affect the deliver time of yours too but I'm sure you'll get it soon enough. Thanks btw.
Leon

Meole
Orange Master

Post by Meole » Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:29 pm

Where you happy with how was it packed when they shipped it to you?
Was there enough bubble wrap to protect it from any type of damage?
My biggest concern is when I get it, it is still O.K.!
I'm sure they take time and do everything possible to make it safe.
Also, did anything come with it, spec. sheet, user manual, any info?

Leron

Post by Leron » Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:22 pm

Well, no. It came in a large cardboard box with 8 bits of polystyrene (one at each corner) to kinda suspend it in the center of the box and that was it. When you open the box, you'll see amp straight away. also no paperwork or anything either, the only other thing is a roughly 2m power cable coiled up and tied with a cable tie. This though seems to have worked countless times before though, my amp was in perfect condition. I didn't really care anyway care, I was just damn happy I eventually had it, despite the hangover at the time. They probably go to a greater effort to package up overseas orders I'd have thought. Btw, I powered it up today, it's a beast.

Meole
Orange Master

Post by Meole » Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:53 am

Matamp Owners Club.Take a look:
http://www.matamp.co.uk/owner_club.htm

I don't know if they do this automatically or if you have to do it.