Near miss with Fame

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Eddie Famine
Orange Hero

Near miss with Fame

Post by Eddie Famine » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:10 pm

I'm sure many of us have done it. Been too smart/stupid and passed or screwed up a great opportunity. I got reminded of mine by a phone call from an old friend the other night.
I was 13 or 14 years ols, living in the suburbs of Chicago, just learning to play guitar. I'm at my best friends house, we're tunelessly plincking away when his grandmother offers, " You know, I was talking to Mrs Bloomfield at Temple last week. She says her grandson plays guitar.
He'd be happy to show you a couple things. NO MRS C! She says Michael's quite good. NO MRS C!" She asked us a couple other times, but what do these old grandma's know about playing guitar? It took a few years to realise that Mrs Bloomfield's grandson was THE Michael Bloomfield. He was a little older, and probably sneaking off to the blues clubs even back then.
Never got a chance to meet him, let alone have him "show us a couple things". What smart guys we were.

Thinline_slim
Orange Master

Re: Near miss with Fame

Post by Thinline_slim » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:39 pm

HAHA! That's awesome! Missed opportunity indeed.

Uncortunately, I have no story quite like that short of sitting in front of Carmin Electra at her Battlebots taping. For some reason she faked being disinterested.

Oh, and I did get checked out by Camron Diez. My wife doesnt believe me on that one. But the reality is that the other Charlie's Angels looked past me.
Jake
OrangePaul wrote:Ok gitar lead to you Jake :D
"One of the 400"

http://www.purevolume.com/JakeMcallasterBand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kmlabs
Orange Expert

Post by kmlabs » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:01 pm

Here's one for y'all:

Dale Winton flirted with me once! :D

(yes, really O_o)
Kerry

Too much gain is... just about enough

Ddjembe Mutombo
Orange Master

Post by Ddjembe Mutombo » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:14 pm

In the summer of 2008 I was interning for a label in Hollywood. I was actually meeting a decent amount of people that had push and was invited to a open bar release party thrown by Ford (the car company). It was some sort of high profile party. I show up and that girl that played the cheerleader from Heroes was behind me. I ended up getting rejected at the door because I was 2 weeks shy of 21. However, said cheerleader girl gets to go in. Everybody knew she was only 19.

However, I did end up getting invited to attend the Magic Castle a few weeks later with the writer of Beetlejuice. I did also get to handle some of Buddy Guys guitars and some of Silver Sun Pickup's instruments.

None of that internship really turned into much except for a lot of drunken stories.
Monty

the_blue_bomber
Orange Master

Post by the_blue_bomber » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:09 pm

Who the hell is Michael Bloomfield?

I've likely had a few close calls of this sort before, but I hardly acknowledge them because I know they don't matter. I dated the guitarist of Queenryche's cousin for about two years. Does that count for anything? :lol:
I used to have more Orange stuff. Now I just have a PPC412 (black), and a Micro Crush.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:18 pm

Ddjembe Mutombo wrote:I show up and that girl that played the cheerleader from Heroes was behind me. I ended up getting rejected at the door because I was 2 weeks shy of 21. However, said cheerleader girl gets to go in. Everybody knew she was only 19.

None of that internship really turned into much except for a lot of drunken stories.
Nice double standard, huh?

I've met a few people over the years... there's a few in my facebook SCHMOOZE gallery...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 2a40f540ff" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Eddie Famine
Orange Hero

Post by Eddie Famine » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:19 pm

the_blue_bomber wrote:Who the hell is Michael Bloomfield?

:
Try Google search.

the_blue_bomber
Orange Master

Post by the_blue_bomber » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:47 pm

Eddie Famine wrote:
the_blue_bomber wrote:Who the hell is Michael Bloomfield?

:
Try Google search.
I know how to use Google. I was asking that question to express that I don't know who he is. If I really wanted to know, I'd look him up.
I used to have more Orange stuff. Now I just have a PPC412 (black), and a Micro Crush.

Mrjones2004x
Orange Master

Post by Mrjones2004x » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:33 pm

I've met a few celebrity's in the past at charity events.

met frank Bruno , he's pretty fun and bloody big!
The cheeky girls (very odd looking lol)
Chris akabusi, he never stops laughing!
My misses cuts Faye tozzer's hair from steps when she's down this way seeing family and I wanna meet her cos she is very sexy!

Met a few other small celebrity's too but that's about it.
Tone is everything

jason41224
Orange Master

Post by jason41224 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:47 pm

i went to a concert of one of my friends and we sat next to Tom Johnston (singer of the Doobie Brothers), but i didn't even realize it. We started talking, and actually found out he grew up in my hometown. After the show, our friend came down and said to our group "do you even realize who you're sitting next to?!" :D
Jason
Rocker 30
too many pedals

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:07 am

Thinline_slim wrote:...Uncortunately, I have no story quite like that short of sitting in front of Carmin Electra at her Battlebots taping. For some reason she faked being disinterested...
She was probably intimidated by your enthusiasm for Battlebots :lol: .

Thinline_slim
Orange Master

Post by Thinline_slim » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:04 pm

Randy Bass wrote:
Thinline_slim wrote:...Uncortunately, I have no story quite like that short of sitting in front of Carmin Electra at her Battlebots taping. For some reason she faked being disinterested...
She was probably intimidated by your enthusiasm for Battlebots :lol: .
Just oozes bad arse masculinity doesn't it?
Jake
OrangePaul wrote:Ok gitar lead to you Jake :D
"One of the 400"

http://www.purevolume.com/JakeMcallasterBand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:41 pm

bclaire wrote:
Ddjembe Mutombo wrote:I show up and that girl that played the cheerleader from Heroes was behind me. I ended up getting rejected at the door because I was 2 weeks shy of 21. However, said cheerleader girl gets to go in. Everybody knew she was only 19.

Nice double standard, huh?

I've met a few people over the years... there's a few in my facebook SCHMOOZE gallery...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 2a40f540ff" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm in love with her. Been rewatching Heroes the last few days.

Ddjembe Mutombo
Orange Master

Post by Ddjembe Mutombo » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:48 pm

baytamusic wrote: I'm in love with her. Been rewatching Heroes the last few days.
I'm still holding a grudge because she got free booze and I didn't.
Monty

ESBlonde
Orange Master

Post by ESBlonde » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:12 am

I have a friend thats a tour manager that has worked with some of the biggest names. Through him I have met a few household names backstage (Chic, 3 degrees, etc.). Otherwise I once played in front of The duke of Edinburgh (Prince Philip). Did a gig once and was joined on stage by the drummer from Prefab Sprout playing percussion for a few numbers. Met actor Bill Nighy in a pub once, nice chap and he really does talk like that.
Here we go; three, four...