Orange Master

Re: TV200 matching cab

Post by nlimbaugh » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:44 am

FULL STACK!

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Re: TV200 matching cab

Post by Randy Bass » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:05 am

bevrash wrote:Well as it turns out I ended up getting the Orange PPC straight V30 loaded cab as it sounded the best out of the three cabs. It hasn't resolved my requirement to run 200w though.

New question: How to re-wire a 8Ohm cab to 16Ohm?

I have a TE 4x12 cab with Silver series running at 8Ohms. If I change this to run at 16Ohms and run both 16Ohm cabs out the two available 8Ohm outputs of the TV200 then this will run 100w into each cab. Can someone tell me if I'm on track or way off?

BTW the TV200 sounds amazing with the Orange cab, funny that!!
You won't be able to change a 4x12 speaker cab's nominal impedance rating from 16 ohms to 8 ohms (or vice-versa) simply by rewiring. You could change the stock Series-Parallel wiring to Parallel and it would go down to 4 ohms mono.

I think your best bet would be to take advantage of the two input jacks on the PPC412 by splitting up the speakers into parallel-wired 8-ohm pairs. You could either split right-to-left like a normal stereo cab or go for a top/bottom split (my preference). You could connect each half of the cab to one of the 4-ohm outputs in the full-power mode that way, but also use either pair of speakers separately with a different amp that requires a minimum load of 8 ohms. Be sure to label the back of the cab accordingly if you change the wiring though.