Anyone have any experience with one of these?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

starling1
Rocker

Anyone have any experience with one of these?

Post by starling1 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:13 pm

Eventide Space pedal. Love this black hole effect, but its about 400 bucks. Anyone played one of these who can tell me if the price is justified?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xAIuZ6DYck" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

myboss57
Orange Master

Re: Anyone have any experience with one of these?

Post by myboss57 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:24 pm

Oh my god, I have never played one - but man I don't think you can go wrong with Eventide, and this pedal in general. It seems to do so much and more! It's definitely on my list of "Things I Can Buy Once I Have Disposable Income"!
Gibson SG Standard
http://www.nightmovesmd.bandcamp.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sovtek Mig 100h
TC Alter Ego
Mesa Oversized 412
Prev amps: 90s OD120, Tiny Terror, Rockerverb 100mk1

starling1
Rocker

Post by starling1 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:35 pm

I know right?!--freaking unbelieveable.

savage8190
Orange Master

Post by savage8190 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:42 pm

That sounds really cool...Id like to get my hands on one of those. Too damn expensive though.

Icarus
Orange Expert

Post by Icarus » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:57 pm

I want one!
Thunderverb 200
Rockerverb 50
PPC412hp8
PPC212cb
Les Paul Custom
American Standard Tele

jason41224
Orange Master

Post by jason41224 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:27 pm

i would only use the shimmer setting. which, i could just get on a Behringer RV600 for about $45 instead.
Jason
Rocker 30
too many pedals

Bandeapart
Orange Master

Post by Bandeapart » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:34 pm

Looks cool for studio stuff, but there's no way I'd be caught on stage with that... Just so much that can go wrong (with me anyway). Way too computery for me. I try to limit my pedals to 3 knobs because I don't wanna spend half the gig on the floor trying to figure out what's going on.
Orange AD30TC, Rickenbacker 360, 52RI Tele

starling1
Rocker

Post by starling1 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:01 pm

Bandeapart wrote:Looks cool for studio stuff, but there's no way I'd be caught on stage with that... Just so much that can go wrong (with me anyway). Way too computery for me. I try to limit my pedals to 3 knobs because I don't wanna spend half the gig on the floor trying to figure out what's going on.
Yeah I know what you mean. Pretty much the reason I prefer stompboxes...I can't really use multis, and typically I'll only ever use 4-5 different pedals in any case. I'll probably end up with one of these though. It's kind of an ambient player's wet dream.

myboss57
Orange Master

Post by myboss57 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:22 pm

starling1 wrote:
Bandeapart wrote:Looks cool for studio stuff, but there's no way I'd be caught on stage with that... Just so much that can go wrong (with me anyway). Way too computery for me. I try to limit my pedals to 3 knobs because I don't wanna spend half the gig on the floor trying to figure out what's going on.
Yeah I know what you mean. Pretty much the reason I prefer stompboxes...I can't really use multis, and typically I'll only ever use 4-5 different pedals in any case. I'll probably end up with one of these though. It's kind of an ambient player's wet dream.
Yup, a lot that I could have fun with too! Probably a bit of learning curve though!
Gibson SG Standard
http://www.nightmovesmd.bandcamp.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sovtek Mig 100h
TC Alter Ego
Mesa Oversized 412
Prev amps: 90s OD120, Tiny Terror, Rockerverb 100mk1

savage8190
Orange Master

Post by savage8190 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:48 am

I wonder if there is anything out that that's cheaper and can do something similar to that black hole? All the verbs would be cool, but that effect would be my main interest.

starling1
Rocker

Post by starling1 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:06 am

savage8190 wrote:I wonder if there is anything out that that's cheaper and can do something similar to that black hole? All the verbs would be cool, but that effect would be my main interest.
Ditto.

jason41224
Orange Master

Post by jason41224 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:36 am

black hole just sounds very similar to shimmer, but instead of octaves/harmonies up, it's octaves/harmonies down. plus maybe a chorus or phaser of some sort.
Jason
Rocker 30
too many pedals

savage8190
Orange Master

Post by savage8190 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:05 pm

OK, since this was brought up I cant stop listening to demo's of it (damn you starling)...it's ridiculously awesome sounding and is the exact sound Ive been looking for in all the mod pedals Ive been trying. There are a few bands I listen too that have sounds like this, but I could never figure what it was; I always thought it was a chorus with a delay or something, but could never find it. I guess its this unique kind of reverb Ive been looking for...they must have been using the Eventide rack units.

Ive always said I would never spend that much on a pedal...how can I justify it :).

Someone here needs to buy one, hate it, and sell it to me cheap because this thing is giving me some serious gas!

starling1
Rocker

Post by starling1 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:09 pm

savage8190 wrote:OK, since this was brought up I cant stop listening to demo's of it (damn you starling)...it's ridiculously awesome sounding and is the exact sound Ive been looking for in all the mod pedals Ive been trying. There are a few bands I listen too that have sounds like this, but I could never figure what it was; I always thought it was a chorus with a delay or something, but could never find it. I guess its this unique kind of reverb Ive been looking for...they must have been using the Eventide rack units.

Ive always said I would never spend that much on a pedal...how can I justify it :).

Someone here needs to buy one, hate it, and sell it to me cheap because this thing is giving me some serious gas!
Let me guess; explosions in the sky (maybe first breath after coma intro?)

I'm buying one on monday, despite the fact I really, really, really should spend that money on new pickups. I've never spent anywhere near that on a pedal before though, and I cannot find a used one anywhere on the interweb.

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:22 am

starling1 wrote:Let me guess; explosions in the sky (maybe first breath after coma intro?)
That's the first band that came to mind when I clicked on your link and listened! I'd love to try one of these, lovely sound, no way I can justify it though.
Teddy
The Blackwater Rebellion: 2-piece alt rock duo http://theblackwaterrebellion.bandcamp.com/
I play an AD30TC