First Practice with TH30

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

conkerandco
Tiny Terror

First Practice with TH30

Post by conkerandco » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:16 pm

So, after having the TH30 head for 4 days and falling in love with it it was time to take it to it's first rehearsal. It was with my school function band playing a wide range of covers. This requires a different range of tones compared to my main band, a high-gain heavy rock outfit.

Never the less, i set-up and began to dial in, using my trusty baja tele. I had been using the 7 watt power setting at home but decided to put it straight up to 30 as we were playing in a large hall. What blew me away straight away was how the dirty channel opened up in the higher power setting and sounded much more....well....AWESOME! I quickly dialled in a mid-gain tone and began riffing.

The other guitarist was playing an AD30 which is a great sounding amp also and the TH30's slightly more gainy attitude combined with it beautifully.

Overall i was VERY impressed with my TH30's performance and can't wait till my first gig with it tomorrow night. And then in a few weeks playing my own orginal songs with my other band. My tone has never been so good!!!;D

Ohara
Orange Master

Re: First Practice with TH30

Post by Ohara » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:23 pm

Glad to hear you had a great experience with your amp, and get ready cause it is the first of many as they just seem to get better and better every time you use them. :D
Just call me Ken

proud member #81 of the Tiny Terror Club
proud owner of Rocker 30 combo in white

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:41 pm

It's awesome to be able to run your amp near full volume to hear it at its' best. It makes it that much harder to want to turn down when you need to though.

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:55 am

U cant beat running your tube Amps loud !

And the youth of today have never had it so good!

Recession ? What recession ? A school band where one guitarist plays an Thunder 30 and the second plays an AD30 ....
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

conkerandco
Tiny Terror

Post by conkerandco » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:03 am

Just got back from the gig. 30 watts with shape and gain around halfway and volume up to 3/4 GLORIOUS!!!! I'm going to play orange for the rest of my life, that i know for sure! It just ate up the space and filled the whole room with sound. Im a lucky child ;) A recession is no excuse for bad tone btw!

dbsens03
Rocker

Post by dbsens03 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:55 am

conkerandco wrote: A recession is no excuse for bad tone btw!

dollywaggle Ya!
"Music is worthless unless it can make a complete stranger break down and cry."
"There are only two kinds of music; music that sounds good, and whatever you want to call that other stuff."