NAD! TH-30 ordered and on it's way :D

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

conkerandco
Tiny Terror

NAD! TH-30 ordered and on it's way :D

Post by conkerandco » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:25 pm

I'm so excited that i just had to start a thread :D Just ordered my new Orange Thunder 30 head after getting 4 A*'s and 6 A's in my Gcse's. Can't wait for it to come ( should be here Tuesday)! Also ordered a Vintage 30 loaded 2x12 and a Boss noise supressor. Anyone fancy telling me how awesome their Th30 is to get me even more excited?xD

addisj
Tiny Terror

Re: NAD! TH-30 ordered and on it's way :D

Post by addisj » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:47 pm

conkerandco wrote:I'm so excited that i just had to start a thread :D Just ordered my new Orange Thunder 30 head after getting 4 A*'s and 6 A's in my Gcse's. Can't wait for it to come ( should be here Tuesday)! Also ordered a Vintage 30 loaded 2x12 and a Boss noise supressor. Anyone fancy telling me how awesome their Th30 is to get me even more excited?xD
Sweet! congrats!
Well I love mine and I'm sure you will love yours too.
With nothing but an EQ and a reverb pedal I get a great modern Satriani style lead tone with my Dimarzio'd strat along with thick swelling power chords.
Roll back the guitar volume and the spirit of SRV takes hold of me and my strumming hand starts doing this texas style circular sweeping.

Lots and lots of fun and a ton of versatility. The clean channel is just as great as the dirty - with the right valves that is.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:16 pm

Congrats on your GCSEs!

As to your incoming TH30, it's a very good choice - I've tried it and really liked it. It gets a bit noisy on dirty channel with the gain cranked up, but I;m sure your noisegate will take care of that? (never used one)

The clean channel is ridiculously good in my opinion - though you wont get pristine clean, it does get hairy early, but it's absolutely brilliant - you'll soon see.
Did you get one of the orange cab to boot?

It's a brilliant set up at your age - I hope you'll appreciate it.
How long have played for? What stuff do you like to play?

Now I'm gutted I had to make do with Marshall MG20 or whatever for so long......!!!!! :lol:
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

conkerandco
Tiny Terror

Post by conkerandco » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:57 pm

cheers for the props guys! I'm even more excited now :L
I tried one for about 15 mins in a shop a few weeks ago and was completley blown away, it bit the ass off the hayden mofo and marshall MA50 i played alongside it. Such a full and ballsy sound....considering i was playing a telecaster! :L

I didn't have enough money for the matching orange 212 so i had to go with the cheapo harley benton off of thomann.de but it's still got vintage 30's in it, so im halfway there :wink: im hoping to upgrade to a custom zilla 212 as soon as i manage to get a job :lol:

I've been playing guitar for 8 years (electirc for 6) and it's my sole passion, it's all i do and ever want to do :L I got my Grade 6 a few months back and am currently working on Grade 8. My influences stem from EVERYWHERE! Classic rock, alt rock, pop-punk, lots of thrash, prog and all types of metal. So i need an amp that can keep up.

As for appreciating it, i've been stuck with an epiphone valve junior mini-stack for the last few years, whilst not awful, i'm sure the orange will open my eyes to a whole new world of tone!

Apologies for the massive reply, my excitement is getting the better of me, aha. I'll be sure to put a first-impression post up when i get it! :D

conkerandco
Tiny Terror

Post by conkerandco » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:59 pm

addisj wrote:
conkerandco wrote:I'm so excited that i just had to start a thread :D Just ordered my new Orange Thunder 30 head after getting 4 A*'s and 6 A's in my Gcse's. Can't wait for it to come ( should be here Tuesday)! Also ordered a Vintage 30 loaded 2x12 and a Boss noise supressor. Anyone fancy telling me how awesome their Th30 is to get me even more excited?xD
Sweet! congrats!
Well I love mine and I'm sure you will love yours too.
With nothing but an EQ and a reverb pedal I get a great modern Satriani style lead tone with my Dimarzio'd strat along with thick swelling power chords.
Roll back the guitar volume and the spirit of SRV takes hold of me and my strumming hand starts doing this texas style circular sweeping.

Lots and lots of fun and a ton of versatility. The clean channel is just as great as the dirty - with the right valves that is.
Cheers for the props man! What valves would you reccomend? i won't be changing them straight away, but it's be good to keep in mind for the future :)

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:31 pm

Dont worry about the valves too much. Dont forget the amp you tried and liked so much will have had similar valves to the one you're getting!;)
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Wolfe
Tiny Terror

Post by Wolfe » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:44 pm

it's a great rock amp but, for modern metal you might want to consider getting a boost :) sure it's ballsy enough and has way more than enough gain for metal but, a boost will tame that massive bottom end to keep it nice and tight for modern metal, maxon od808 is your best bet :)

here is an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr53Fv3UuGc

I know it's not a th30 but the rockerverb also has a massive low end like the th30...

but congrats man! it's a great rock amp, real gritty and British sounding, very warm, full and ballsy with lots of gain on tap.

enjoy! :mrgreen:
Wolfy'

conkerandco
Tiny Terror

Post by conkerandco » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Yeh man, i was planning on getting a maxon OD-9 when i sell my old amp> for the time being i'll make do with an old digitech screamin' blues (boss bd-2 copy) that i have lying around:)

Wolfe
Tiny Terror

Post by Wolfe » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:23 pm

conkerandco wrote:Yeh man, i was planning on getting a maxon OD-9 when i sell my old amp> for the time being i'll make do with an old digitech screamin' blues (boss bd-2 copy) that i have lying around:)
awesome, the digitech bad monkey is also a good one :mrgreen:
Wolfy'

cheacher
Rocker

Post by cheacher » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:26 pm

Wolfe wrote:
conkerandco wrote:Yeh man, i was planning on getting a maxon OD-9 when i sell my old amp> for the time being i'll make do with an old digitech screamin' blues (boss bd-2 copy) that i have lying around:)
awesome, the digitech bad monkey is also a good one :mrgreen:

hahahhaha awesome wolfe!!!! just awesome!!!!!

bavaro
Orange Hero

Post by bavaro » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:49 pm

something smells fishy here...again...
Rocker 30
strymon el cap
tc polytune
apogee one
harpoon hefeweizen

cheacher
Rocker

Post by cheacher » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:22 pm

bavaro wrote:something smells fishy here...again...

i always think that when i see the th30 threads!!!

conkerandco
Tiny Terror

Post by conkerandco » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:43 pm

what's fishy? I don't understand :?

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:56 pm

conkerandco wrote:
what's fishy? I don't understand :?
TeenWolfe has quite the reputation around the Forum. So does his alter-ego, Bad Monkey. So does his alter-ego, Purple Llama...

Don't worry - you're not missing anything (unless you are another alter-ego) :D .

jason41224
Orange Master

Post by jason41224 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:25 pm

christ, that one wasn't even that hard to figure out.
Jason
Rocker 30
too many pedals