Orange Sighting: Graveyard's entire Orange back-line!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

David Verb
Rocker

Orange Sighting: Graveyard's entire Orange back-line!

Post by David Verb » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:04 am

Graveyard live at Bonnaroo...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT6_IgYd ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It sounds so beautiful... I could cry... :cry:
Amp
Orange Rockerverb 100

Cabinet
PPC 412 HP 8

ironlung40
Orange Master

Re: Orange Sighting: Graveyard's entire Orange back-line!

Post by ironlung40 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:07 am

Yeah, every time I've seen them, it's all Orange backline. Usually, 2 rockerverb 100's though, and the AD200 MK3. This time, it was an AD140HTC and the RV100. They always sound great.
Sincerely,
Ironlung40
OR120 Pix/text
Tiny Terror HW
Rocker 30 combo
Rockververb 100 MKII
Thunderverb 200
Gibson SG 61 RI

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:14 am

They definitely know how to make 'em sound good.

ironlung40
Orange Master

Post by ironlung40 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:54 am

One key ,other than the songwriting and skill, is the gain levels, they don't play with much gain at all....and they don't use many effects. When I saw them in Atlanta a couple of years ago, the only effects pedal on the floor was 1 mxr microamp on Joakim's RV100....the rest was straight up. When they first started playing that night, the soundguy had their mix frigged up....you could not hear the lead guitar very well, so Jonatan, just spun around and cranked the piss out of his RV100 stack.....and gave an evil look, I got a kick out of that......dem Orange stacks do get loud even without a P.A.

I got to go backstage and hang with em' for a good long while. They are super nice guys, from the band to the merch. guy. They always seem stoked to play in the U.S.

Here is a pick that the drummer (Axel) took of me with the rest of the band. Another 6-8 months and my hair would've been as long as the band's, but It was a bit shorter here, so I should be easy to spot!

Sincerely,
Ironlung40
OR120 Pix/text
Tiny Terror HW
Rocker 30 combo
Rockververb 100 MKII
Thunderverb 200
Gibson SG 61 RI

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:38 am

That's awesome, though I would have wanted a picture with the drummer :| . I have been working on the drums on a couple of their songs (Thin Line, As the Years Pass By) and it is amazing how busy he is throughout the entirety of most of their songs. And then there's the bass player - busy as hell!

I'm guessing you saw them at Bonnaroo this year?

dave111

Post by dave111 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:02 pm

The guitars definately sound amazing. As well as this song in general. Do they have any other songs like this?

Icarus
Orange Expert

Post by Icarus » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:17 pm

I'd never even heard of these guys before this post and this style of music isnt usually my thing but i really dig 'em. Great tones.

Using the neck pick-up and/or the middle position along with the volume controls is a dying trend. Out the last 50+ bands we've played with, i can only recall one or two of them using anything other than the bridge pick-up with tone and volume maxed.
Thunderverb 200
Rockerverb 50
PPC412hp8
PPC212cb
Les Paul Custom
American Standard Tele

ironlung40
Orange Master

Post by ironlung40 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:47 pm

I didn't see them at Bonaroo, or however you spell it. I didn't realize they were on the schedule until too late. I would have loved to have gone for them, the Sword, and Primus. That was a missed opportunity for me, big time as I live in TN. :roll:

I've got a picture with the drummer too, I'll have to post it for Randy. :) He is the most outgoing one of the bunch, always laughing, and having a good time with everyone. The bass player, was really talkative and seemed to get excited when talking about playing in the U.S., and they all seemed genuinely appreciative of any fanfare. They thanked me a dozen times for buying some of their t-shirts, and of course took me back stage with them too, and hung out for as long as I wanted to stay. Those kind of moments make you a fan for life.

All of the elements of the band are spot on, but when you see em' live, get as close as you can and in front of the drummer.........you'll get into a trance very easily just watching him.....or get scared one, as he hits very, very hard live.
Sincerely,
Ironlung40
OR120 Pix/text
Tiny Terror HW
Rocker 30 combo
Rockververb 100 MKII
Thunderverb 200
Gibson SG 61 RI

Latrainia

Post by Latrainia » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:30 pm

Icarus wrote: Using the neck pick-up and/or the middle position along with the volume controls is a dying trend. Out the last 50+ bands we've played with, i can only recall one or two of them using anything other than the bridge pick-up with tone and volume maxed.
Really? I didn't know that...
~Matt

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Post by OrangePaul » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:52 pm

Everytime I listen to these guys they grow on me more...
Vey nice!
Paul.

Icarus
Orange Expert

Post by Icarus » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:20 pm

Latrainia wrote:
Icarus wrote: Using the neck pick-up and/or the middle position along with the volume controls is a dying trend. Out the last 50+ bands we've played with, i can only recall one or two of them using anything other than the bridge pick-up with tone and volume maxed.
Really? I didn't know that...
I didn't mean to imply this is a good thing and I probably should have used 'dying art' rather than 'trend'. I just rarely see the volume being rolled off or the neck pick up chosen. With 3,4,5 channel/mode amps around it seems to take the emphasis off the guitars controls. I see it especially with the younger guys. I play in a hardcore style band and so play with heavy type bands and I know the need for the guitars controls are less than say, blues guys but still, just something I noticed.
Thunderverb 200
Rockerverb 50
PPC412hp8
PPC212cb
Les Paul Custom
American Standard Tele

Latrainia

Post by Latrainia » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:22 pm

ahh, ok that makes sense...I was feeling left out, lol, because i use the volume knob alot...not so much tone knobs though. I actually would like to rewire my strat to have all volume knobs. I dont know if thats possible but it'd be more useful to me anyways.
~Matt

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:44 pm

Latrainia wrote:ahh, ok that makes sense...I was feeling left out, lol, because i use the volume knob alot...not so much tone knobs though. I actually would like to rewire my strat to have all volume knobs. I dont know if thats possible but it'd be more useful to me anyways.
It's absolutely possible. It would be awesome to simply use a volume for each pickup to blend them and convert the 5-way to a tone selector.