NAD/Recording Session/Reamping/Will sell my AD30TCC!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Bensen
Orange Master

NAD/Recording Session/Reamping/Will sell my AD30TCC!

Post by Bensen » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:42 pm

I will sell my AD30TCC because I bought a new amp and need the money. I bought an AD30TCH!!! :D
It is my favorit amp ever (also the combo is my first tube amp) but I decided to go from combo to box+head (to take advantage of the backline amps and the second cab at the bandroom and go easy on my back). Got the AD30-head from a teenager who played it 3 years in his bedroom but now got an Engl from his dad because AD30 can't do Rammstein (Bad Monkey?). It is mint and I payed half of what it currently costs in German stores - nice. Took the new amp home to find out that it has more gain on tap than the combo :shock: and sounds more alive, guess I should have changed tubes in the combo more often.

Took the amp to my bands recording session today. We recorded drumms, bass and guitars together last week. The bassist and I played directly into the computer + used ampsimulation for the inearsound. Today we took the clean guitarsignal and reamped it through the Palmer Reampbox (can recommend it, the signal is clearer and sounds more realistic). Most of the time we recorded two amps at the same time - the AD30 and the dimed Deluxe Reverb Clone (in tweed) make a killer rythm sound and the old Boogie MkIIa + cranked AD5 are my favorit lead tone.

Here is a picture of my little ampfamily:

Here is a short video with the guitarsetup. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8enOCO8XwmM

klarocca
Tiny Terror

Re: NAD/Recording Session/Reamping/Will sell my AD30TCC!

Post by klarocca » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:21 am

nice! hnad!
E credo di essere anormale, ebbene non lo so.

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:27 am

It sounds like the difference is the tubes! I do like the dual head setup though. That's nice to have so many good amps to work with in the studio.

David Verb
Rocker

Post by David Verb » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:56 am

Bensen wrote:AD30 can't do Rammstein (Bad Monkey?).
What happened to Bad Monkey? Has he been shamed from this forum? Lol.

I would love to play around with re-amping. Sounds like fun stuffing around with different amps! Too bad, I only have one though!
Amp
Orange Rockerverb 100

Cabinet
PPC 412 HP 8