official Dark Terror Demo

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Bandeapart
Orange Master

Re: official Dark Terror Demo

Post by Bandeapart » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:55 pm

Wolfe wrote:what's wrong with Ibanez guitars?
I think they are amazing, far superior to Gibson and fender...
FAR superior? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Orange AD30TC, Rickenbacker 360, 52RI Tele

Mrjones2004x
Orange Master

Post by Mrjones2004x » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:18 pm

There's good and bad with every maker.

I've played quite a few diff Gibsons and found some awesome and some horrible. Played quite a few strats and found generally there quality is more consistent but still varies. My ibanez was poop. Not all I guess as haven't played many high Enders ones as my shred level is zero so I couldn't really test it to its full ability.

My charvel is the best playing and built guitar I've played ever. At £600 compared to a high end ibanez £2000 I can't see how it could be improved? Maybe higher spec wood but actual fit and finish is spot on. Neck is tight in pocket and flawless fret work.

I wouldn't say any manufacturer is better than another per se.

Comparing low end ibanez to epiphone is more fair and then compare gibbons to high end ibanez.
Tone is everything

jason41224
Orange Master

Post by jason41224 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:52 am

what's wrong with Ibanez guitars?
I think they are amazing, far superior to Gibson and fender...
for me it's the looks. nobody can take me serious with those things. and to tell you the truth, i haven't played an ibanez that didn't feel like absolute garbage. if i had, maybe i'd change my mind. until then...G&L beats the poop out of fender, and you can find a good gibby now and then, excluding the Firebird X.
Jason
Rocker 30
too many pedals

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:43 pm

I have one of these (Ibanez ART100) that got a pro setup and plays better than any other guitar I own. It's pretty well-made for its' price point:

These are also very nice (though discontinued):

Aside from the looks, I don't like the thin necks on all of the pointy Ibanez models. The Artist variants usually have necks similar to the Gibson 60's profile though.

Ohara
Orange Master

Post by Ohara » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:08 pm

Randy Bass wrote: Aside from the looks, I don't like the thin necks on all of the pointy Ibanez models. The Artist variants usually have necks similar to the Gibson 60's profile though.

The thin neck is one of the main reasons I love playing my ibanez :D

Guitars are subjective, as the old saying goes "different strokes for different folks" all guitar manufacturers make good and bad guitars. And people don't like a brand of guitar because of the way they look or feel, that is fine as everyone likes different things and has different taste. The same is applied to just about everything in life. Some people don't find Katy Perry hot to look at, and some people do :wink: does it mean you would kick her out of bed for eating crackers? hehehe I doubt it
Just call me Ken

proud member #81 of the Tiny Terror Club
proud owner of Rocker 30 combo in white

Wolfe
Tiny Terror

Post by Wolfe » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:39 am

Randy Bass wrote:I have one of these (Ibanez ART100) that got a pro setup and plays better than any other guitar I own. It's pretty well-made for its' price point:

These are also very nice (though discontinued):

Aside from the looks, I don't like the thin necks on all of the pointy Ibanez models. The Artist variants usually have necks similar to the Gibson 60's profile though.
I also have an artist series:

Wolfy'

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:04 pm

I had an Ibanez Talman for years that was pretty nice. Although it's nothing like your typical Ibanez. No way it was as good as my Gibson or some MIJ Fenders I've owned though. Neck was pretty thin too.

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:22 pm

baytamusic wrote:I had an Ibanez Talman for years that was pretty nice. Although it's nothing like your typical Ibanez. No way it was as good as my Gibson or some MIJ Fenders I've owned though. Neck was pretty thin too.

I always like the look of those, I remeber years ago Noodles from the Offspring was using them, did a few adverts for them.

JRogero
Orange Hero

Post by JRogero » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:29 pm

I own two Ibanez guitars and I love them. They're my go 2 guitars. I have an early 90's 470s that I modified with Rio Grande pickups and in all honesty I've tried very few guitars that even come close how well this thing plays. It's versatility is remarkable. A few months ago I picked up an Ibanez agr70 hollowbody with mini-humbuckers for less than $500 and get over how much bang for the buck I got with this guitar.

Ibanez, along with Fender, and G&L are the only guitars I would consider buying online. I find the consistency of their products to be amazing.

As far as the Dark Terror demo goes it's a pretty good demo but I hate scooped-mids almost as much as I hate auto-tune.