official Dark Terror Demo

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

jason41224
Orange Master

official Dark Terror Demo

Post by jason41224 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:40 pm

saw this on facebook earlier. Doug D gives an official demo. it sounds pretty sweet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiokRUjxbLA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i really wish he would play a real guitar, though :roll:
Jason
Rocker 30
too many pedals

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Re: official Dark Terror Demo

Post by Randy Bass » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:08 am

This video has been removed by the user :( .

jason41224
Orange Master

Post by jason41224 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:50 am

ah, shucks. t'was pretty cool though.
Jason
Rocker 30
too many pedals

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:49 pm

Doug is pretty rad, despite the pointiness of his guitar :D . I saw his demo of the DarT from NAMM a while back. I'm guessing this one was different?

Bluenote

Post by Bluenote » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:16 pm

here it is :-))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZGh1xNZ ... ture=feedu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cu
Myself -> Fernandes Vertigo -> Korg Tuner -> Blackout Fixed Fuzz -> Cry Baby -> Dallas Germanium Rangemaster Treble Booster ->MXR EVH Phase 90 -> TT with Vol. 12 - Tone at 1 - Gain at 11:30 -> my very happy ears :-)

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:08 pm

That was very well done. He pulled some awesome guitar-playing faces too :D !

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:04 pm

If I'm being honest. it doesn't really impress me that much. I just can't hear that Orange tone in it. I hear the scooped tones and all, the TH30 sounds more Orange then that. Maybe I need to hear it live I guess to feel different. I like that they put an effects loop on it though. One thing the TT and DT should have.

Bandeapart
Orange Master

Post by Bandeapart » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:35 pm

Honestly, just sounds like scooped crap to me. I'd like to see a demo by someone without a pointy guitar if possible.

I feel like this demo would bring Bad Monkey back the Orange side, so I'll let that speak for itself about tone, haha.
Orange AD30TC, Rickenbacker 360, 52RI Tele

Mrjones2004x
Orange Master

Post by Mrjones2004x » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:41 pm

Not as good demo as the other he done on YouTube. Seems to lack thickness? Maybe me but I'm hoping it's gonna be a mini thunderverb :mrgreen:

I think this amp is designed for pointy type metal but I'd love to hear a les Paul through it and a super strat. Not a fan of ibanez really after a couple of rubbish ones. They weren't top dollar ones tho so they could be a diff story.
Tone is everything

Ohara
Orange Master

Post by Ohara » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:18 am

I thought the demo was pretty good.

I am a fan of Ibanez guitars, and MrJones you should really try out one of the higher end guitars, it truly is a case of you get what you pay for :D I have an Ibanez SV5470F and it sadly made me sell off quite a few of my guitars :cry: but it honestly just beat them hands down for playability and sound right out of the box, at least for my taste anyways.
Just call me Ken

proud member #81 of the Tiny Terror Club
proud owner of Rocker 30 combo in white

Mrjones2004x
Orange Master

Post by Mrjones2004x » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:32 am

Yeah only played rg350 and next one up. My rg was a bit of poop when I got it. I'd like to try there top dollar stuff someday.
Tried a few Gibson les Pauls and the quality was all over the place, some felt good, some bad.
Tone is everything

Ohara
Orange Master

Post by Ohara » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:55 pm

Mrjones2004x wrote:Yeah only played rg350 and next one up. My rg was a bit of poop when I got it. I'd like to try there top dollar stuff someday.
Tried a few Gibson les Pauls and the quality was all over the place, some felt good, some bad.
I have always found, Gibsons and Martins to be hit and miss, which for me is unacceptable, especially when you are supposed to be THE guitar to go to. I just find that they have been riding on their namesake for so long they don't give a crap about quality as much, cause they know every guitarist in the world wants one, or has owned one etc. etc.
I tried out the same RG you had and almost bought it (just couldn't talk the wife into it at the time lol) and the one I tried was great. Played great, sounded great and the price couldn't be beat (the dealer was gonna let me have it for $300 out the door with a case, always buy musical gear from local guitar stores at the end of the month hehehe, they need to pay their bills and are always more flexible on price :wink: )
Just call me Ken

proud member #81 of the Tiny Terror Club
proud owner of Rocker 30 combo in white

Mrjones2004x
Orange Master

Post by Mrjones2004x » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:52 pm

I was playing it home for about half hour when one of the saddles on the floyd moved forward about 5mm. The lock nut was loose, the fret ends were really bad, really uncomfortable and sharp. Plenty off buzz but didn't hear through amp. My tech said he'd be honest and said it was the worst ibanez factory ispected guitar he had seen. After £70 it played real nice with minimal buzz and low action.
Soon needed a new nut as thread was stripped and then I went crazy.
Fitted bare knuckle miracle man pups.
Coil split switch
Kill switch
Lead boost switch bypassing electrics fully.

And still didn't like it! Think it was the basswood for me. I like mahogany les pauls and alder superstrats.

Lost lost of money on it in the end. Total build Inc case with upgrades about £650. Sold for £300 :oops:

Learnt a lesson there lol
Tone is everything

beckyjc
Tiny Terror

Post by beckyjc » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:17 pm

Best demo ive heard of it so far, sounds much like the th30 with a bit less definition.
Twit | ElementFX

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC112

Jackson Dinky, Fender CIJ 62 RI Jag, Fender 92 MIM Standard Tele, Fender MIM '04 Stratocaster
+Too many pedals

Wolfe
Tiny Terror

Post by Wolfe » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:15 pm

what's wrong with Ibanez guitars?
I think they are amazing, far superior to Gibson and fender...
Wolfy'