AD30TC 2x12 Replacement Screws

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

mre1208
Orange Expert

AD30TC 2x12 Replacement Screws

Post by mre1208 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:20 am

Hey guys, been a while! It seems that my screws on the back panel holding the chassis are getting painfully close to being completely stripped out. Also, i've lots one of the little black rings. I was wondering if I'd be able to just order 4 of these bad boys from Orange directly, or if anybody would happen to know the exact size/length so I can just hit up the hardware store!

Thanks,
Mike

Thinline_slim
Orange Master

Re: AD30TC 2x12 Replacement Screws

Post by Thinline_slim » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:42 pm

Are you talking about the screws that hold the amp chassis? If those are about to get stripped out you might have bigger problems than just the screws. You may have stripped the threading on the amp chassis. If that's the case you might have to retap the chassis in just a little bit bigger screw size.

I always take my screws and/or hardware into the hardware store to match everything up. You can get caught pretty quick between SAE and metric threads as well as how close the threads run together when it comes to machine screws. Best to take in exactly what you need.
Jake
OrangePaul wrote:Ok gitar lead to you Jake :D
"One of the 400"

http://www.purevolume.com/JakeMcallasterBand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mre1208
Orange Expert

Post by mre1208 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:08 pm

Not the screws that actually hold the amp chassis, but the ones that are in the four corners of the panel, attaching it to the cabinet. I had taken them into a Home Depot a while back and used the screw size match things to no avail, and the sales person was of no help either. Perhaps I should just try a different hardware store....hmmm

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:49 pm

Those are basically Phillips wood screws, right? I got some chrome/zinc replacement wood screws and mounting rings for an old Fender cab at Lowe's. I don't know if you will be able to get them in black though. You should be able to get close enough by comparing to one of the originals if they don't have to thread through metal anywhere. Metric vs. Standard isn't going to matter for wood screws. If they are machine screws though, you're not as likely to find them at Lowe's or Home Depot if they are metric.

Thinline_slim
Orange Master

Post by Thinline_slim » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:49 pm

I've found that Home Depot and Lowes are crap when it comes to hardware. We have an Ace dealer here in my town which is fantastic. I've found all sorts of compatible hardware there. And if you only need one screw, they let you buy just one screw!
Jake
OrangePaul wrote:Ok gitar lead to you Jake :D
"One of the 400"

http://www.purevolume.com/JakeMcallasterBand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mre1208
Orange Expert

Post by mre1208 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:56 pm

Thinline_slim wrote:I've found that Home Depot and Lowes are crap when it comes to hardware. We have an Ace dealer here in my town which is fantastic. I've found all sorts of compatible hardware there. And if you only need one screw, they let you buy just one screw!
aha, i didn't even think of that. when I first encountered this problem, the town I was in didn't have an ace like I did back in my hometown. Now I'm back in the hometown til the end of the month, and they have the best old-fashioned Ace ever!