Update: ebay troubles

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

llldavid
Rocker

Update: ebay troubles

Post by llldavid » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:58 pm

so i finally found an echo audiofire 12 on ebay. so i bid on it and won it and payed it for $475. now the seller is saying there is a policy for paypal that wont allow bidders with no feedback to buy it. so he refunded my money. im pretty sure he s***ing me because i called paypal and ebay they said they have no such policy.

he did not say in the description that he would not accept zero feedbackers

now hes trying to cancel the order

i have a few questions for you guys

is the seller allowed to just cancel the order without any warnings?

the money he refunded hasnt gotten to my bank account yet but it says on paypal it has been refunded if i decline the cancel of the order is it gonna send that same money back to him or is it gonna take another 475 from my account? and what happens if i decline the cancellation order it sends the 475 and he keeps it and doesnt send the interface?

what should i do in this position?

here is a link to the auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... _500wt_951" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Update: after i told him there was no such policy he msgd me this

"well they had placed a hold on the funds, which they do arbitrarily from time to time.

if you had feedback and a track record on ebay, i would have no problem sending the unit.

... if you really want the item, you can repurchase, and then as soon as the funds clear, i will ship it.

however, if they place a hold on it, you will have to mark it "shipped" before they release the funds. thanks for your communication."

it sounds like hes trying to take my money now. lol ima leave this guy a nasty negative feedback
Last edited by llldavid on Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
i own a orange ad140 and a 412 fender super sonic cab
...and a lot of other junk

brianr0131
Orange Master

Re: ebay troubles

Post by brianr0131 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:41 pm

Is $475 really low for the item? He's probably not happy with the price. Make sure you give neg feedback.
Mesa Road King-Carvin Legacy 212-Silvertone 1484-Parker Fly DLX-Les Paul Trad Pro-USA ASAT-LP Junior-60's Tribute LP GTop-HWY1 Strat-Esquire Build-Peavey Predator-VHT Valvulator-Bud Wah-CMAT Signa Drive-Keeley Mod DS1-Monte Allum Dyna Comp-TU2-CE5-GE7-DD7

llldavid
Rocker

Post by llldavid » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:43 pm

retail is 508 so thats definitely not it

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:36 pm

He's definitly telling you a lie. But to be honest, you don't want to deal with anyone who pulls stunts like that, just leave him negative feedback and move on.

ozzyjim
Tiny Terror

Post by ozzyjim » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:07 am

If I were you I would not cancel anything, I would wait till your money is back in your account then leave him negative feedback. Then go and spend $30 more and buy the item new from a store.

Cheers
Jim
...AD30HTC OWNER AND LOVING IT...

llldavid
Rocker

Post by llldavid » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:29 am

yes thanks for the suggestion that was my plan but legally it can take up to 30 days but the lady at paypal said i guarantee a week but well see

Captain Wedge
Rocker

Post by Captain Wedge » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:57 am

I guess some sellers are like this. I usually only buy things on eBay when the seller is a guitar shop or music supply store.
Fender Stratocaster || Les Paul || Garrison Acoustic
Orange Dual Terror

irish_admiral
Prince of Orange

Re: Update: ebay troubles

Post by irish_admiral » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:25 am

eBay sometimes do put funds on hold, but that's no reason for him to refund it if your credit with PayPal is good. Sounds like he's being stupid. Or maybe he's arranged a private sale and is trying to get out of it, or get out of PayPal fees.

I would just mention to him your conversation with PayPal and give him one last chance to go through with the sale as normal, if not, you'll give him a negative. Then wait for the money to hit your bank account, and leave him a negative.

By the way, transfers between PayPal and your bank can take a few days - it's no big deal. Just wait it out.

But yeah... for the extra $20, to be honest, i'd just buy new...
Joe

G(sus) saves

Orange AD15, Matamp 1224, Fender 'JD' Tele, G&L ASAT, Duesenberg Starplayer TV, Eggle Kanuga, Avalon D25, Warwick FNA Jazzman, Eden Nemesis / Bergantino EX112S, Eastman MD305 & other stuff...

indianDYsummer
Orange Master

Post by indianDYsummer » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:30 pm

Ebay held funds from me once. They have some rule with personal electronics that if you don't have feedback for something in that category, or haven't gotten any in 12 months, then they hold the funds until the buyer gives feedback.

The dude is just an idiot and scared ebay is going to screw him (which it's not). He's already got a confirmation that your payment has cleared. I suppose you could easily leave negative feedback unjustly and he'll never get the payment and you'll get the item until the ebay police are involved. I think ebay will still have your money though, so it's not like you're getting it for free.

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:31 pm

Just tell him to forget it. Dude doesn't understand how eBay works.

I'm guessing he can't afford to pay for the shipping until he has the cash in his account...

He has a hold because he hasn't sold enough and they want to make sure you are happy and receive your item before they give him the money in his account. It's to protect buyers from new sellers using scams where they steal your money and not shipping the item.

ironlung40
Orange Master

Post by ironlung40 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:55 pm

yeah, dude doesn't know how ebay works yet. Too, bad for him, because I would leave him negative fb as well, which will not get him off to a good start.

There is no harm to you really, though, so just get your funds back and move on instead of getting upset and trying to pursue any recourse you may have. If it was a rare item, not in production, that would suck though, but just get a new one.
Sincerely,
Ironlung40
OR120 Pix/text
Tiny Terror HW
Rocker 30 combo
Rockververb 100 MKII
Thunderverb 200
Gibson SG 61 RI

Thinline_slim
Orange Master

Post by Thinline_slim » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:50 pm

llldavid wrote:retail is 508 so thats definitely not it
For an extra $33 definitely buy new if it's still available. At this point, for spending that small amount of cash you:

1. Don't have to deal with this BS and

2. You get a mfg warranty. If you get this unit and it dies on you in a week you're out $475!

My typical rule of thumb for buying used is if I can get it at 35%+ off retail I would go used. If it's any less than that usually you can wait around for the big box stores or online retailers to run a sale and you can catch new stuff from 10%-25% off list, which includes a warranty. Just my approach.
Jake
OrangePaul wrote:Ok gitar lead to you Jake :D
"One of the 400"

http://www.purevolume.com/JakeMcallasterBand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DrAaron
Tiny Terror

Post by DrAaron » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:56 am

Sounds to me like he was hoping for more $ (unrealistic though it was) and when the auction closed he had second thoughts about selling and looked for any excuse to void the deal. Agree with the others, wait until you have your money back, leave -ve feedback and move on. A lot of the fun in buying new gear is the hunt anyway!
PRS SC250
Washburn WP50
Orange AD30TC
EH Holier Grail
Line 6 M13
Tanglewood Electro-acoustic
Yamaha 12-string acoustic