NGD: Taylor GS Mini

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

NGD: Taylor GS Mini

Post by Neiloler » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:40 pm

I bought one one my way to work. I played two, that's what my local shop had in stock, and I picked the one I liked the best (amazing how much difference can exist between two acoustic guitars of the same make and model), and now it's sitting next to my desk at work. Pure. Torture. :) Really fun little guitar, I can't wait to take it home. I also bought the little pickup for it.

One thing I want to do soon is a do a nice youtube demo of this guitar. No one seems to have much in the way of decent sounding demos!

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Re: NGD: Taylor GS Mini

Post by Jondog » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:47 pm

Congrats! I'm Jealous :wink:

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:53 pm

Jondog wrote:Congrats! I'm Jealous :wink:
Hey, I appreciate your feedback, definitely helped in making the plunge. I've been playing on my Applause (Ovation's overseas cheaper brand) acoustic for 10+ years now. I figured it was time to try something new. :)

AJS19
Orange Expert

Post by AJS19 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:51 pm

Happy new guitar day! 8)

I want to get a Taylor 210 or 214 electro-cutaway soon with as many acoustic sets I play with my praise band, my crappy Fender acoustic really isn't suitable for 55 dates a year.
Please, call me Austin.
My Gear List

nguideau
Orange Master

Post by nguideau » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:10 pm

Nice! Hope you got a chance to play it last night, stay up too late with it, all that stuff. :)

And Austin, your sig pic is killing me... I have a very similar guitar but I still want another one like yours. :lol:
- Nathan

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:11 pm

This guitar is seriously beautiful. I just get lost playing it, all these new riffs and ideas just jump off the fretboard. Very fun. :)

Icarus
Orange Expert

Post by Icarus » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:21 pm

Nice guitar, they look great!

I've been toying with the idea of taking some sort of acoustic away with me on holiday and this seems perfect. Ive never played one this size before but these look a lot of fun.
Thunderverb 200
Rockerverb 50
PPC412hp8
PPC212cb
Les Paul Custom
American Standard Tele

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:08 pm

I'm really impressed with the sound and quality of the guitar, it sounds huge and very detailed, amazing stuff, and it'll blow you away how much you get tone/sound wise out of such a small instrument. :) I can't recommend it enough.

not~again
Tiny Terror

Post by not~again » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:25 pm

Congrats!
They are awesome little guitars!

No more talk about feeling bad you sold your Les Paul!

:D :D :D :D :D
~mark~

princepudding
Tiny Terror

Post by princepudding » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:06 pm

how great is it? I love my gs mini. I don't use it as much as i'd like but i thinks thats because my rockerverb has me hooked right now. Now with the nice weather i'll probably start taking it outside. It;s really a great acoustic though. I actually like its better than the 700 dollar taylor, whatever that model number is.

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:41 pm

not~again wrote:Congrats!
They are awesome little guitars!

No more talk about feeling bad you sold your Les Paul!

:D :D :D :D :D
Haha, I'll get another LP someday, I miss it a little, but I switched some speakers and tubes and found my tone for my electric side of things, no LP needed!

Great to see you hanging out Mark! :D

not~again
Tiny Terror

Post by not~again » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:51 pm

Thanks Neil....glad to be back...
now if I can just stay out of trouble?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
~mark~

mselego
Rocker

Post by mselego » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:55 am

Has anyone had a chance to play any of their electric models yet?

AJS19
Orange Expert

Post by AJS19 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:33 am

nguideau wrote:Nice! Hope you got a chance to play it last night, stay up too late with it, all that stuff. :)

And Austin, your sig pic is killing me... I have a very similar guitar but I still want another one like yours. :lol:
Haha! 8) Thanks! It's my first 'non-budget' guitar, and I'm loving the fact that it plays so good for a higher price. :)
Neiloler wrote:I'm really impressed with the sound and quality of the guitar, it sounds huge and very detailed, amazing stuff, and it'll blow you away how much you get tone/sound wise out of such a small instrument. :) I can't recommend it enough.
Anybody know the tonal differences and pros and cons to the _14 (Grand Auditorium) and _10 (Dreadnought) line of Taylors?
Please, call me Austin.
My Gear List

Nork
Orange Master

Post by Nork » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:35 am

sweet! i really wanna try one of those out - i have a gs4 from the 07 LTD's that i picked up and LOVE, but i've heard lots of really good things about'em! right on, neil!

i've played their solidbody's - really wanted to buy one, but couldn't justify selling the parker for one. great guitar tho, right up there with taylor quality.
--Nick

Parker Nitefly SA -> TC PolyTune -> OLER Box ->Timmy -> MP SHOD -> Eventide TimeFactor/e3 -> Orange TT -> Avatar 112 (Weber 1225)