Played a Merc. Magn. Modded AC4TV today...

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

AJS19
Orange Expert

Re: Played a Merc. Magn. Modded AC4TV today...

Post by AJS19 » Thu May 12, 2011 4:21 pm

Neiloler wrote:
AJS19 wrote:A customer sent my boss and new AC4 to mod right away to Mercury. I helped him out a bit with it. It sounded fine before, but it sounded top notch after the change.
That's cool I'm not the only one to have experienced this in some way. :) If the Weber Maggie amp kit doesn't do it for me, I'll look into this one.
Yeah! Very cool. That Weber Maggie should do it for you I'd think. You got it sans components and sourced higher quality ones, correct?
Please, call me Austin.
My Gear List

nguideau
Orange Master

Post by nguideau » Thu May 12, 2011 8:09 pm

Andy, good call. I think if you are going for the head and already have a nice cabinet with a good speaker, the upgrade is probably much, much cooler and more worthwhile. But the MDF closed cabinet and stock 10" speaker in the combo... actually, is quite good for what it is, but is still a serious bottleneck, nonetheless, IMO.
- Nathan

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Thu May 12, 2011 9:51 pm

AJS19 wrote:
Neiloler wrote:
AJS19 wrote:A customer sent my boss and new AC4 to mod right away to Mercury. I helped him out a bit with it. It sounded fine before, but it sounded top notch after the change.
That's cool I'm not the only one to have experienced this in some way. :) If the Weber Maggie amp kit doesn't do it for me, I'll look into this one.
Yeah! Very cool. That Weber Maggie should do it for you I'd think. You got it sans components and sourced higher quality ones, correct?
That I did, though it was more on a whim than really thinking the Weber stock kits sound bad.