Hardcore Orange sounds plz

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

chiknpunk

Post by chiknpunk » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:20 am

<font face="Arial"></font id="Arial">Hi, my name is Daniel Andrews. I'm new to the forum.I play hard rock music and was wondering if anyone could post some sound files playing a bit harder music rather than solos and old rock. I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Daniel

Howard
Orange Hero

Post by Howard » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:22 am

Hey , welcome to the forum. You can check out my band site. That stuff was done on an Orange OR120 with a Digitech Metal Master distortion pedal.

www.myspace.com/nosfur

Click or copy and paste : http://www.myspace.com/theoneampover" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

animapersa
Orange Master

Post by animapersa » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:30 am

check out underoath, i don't know if you like the screaming, but they use orange, and they sound freakin awesome.
Pierce

Mesa Boogie F-50, Gibson Les Paul, 1993 Peavey Preditor w/ texas specials, 1993 cij fender telecaster aerodyne

effects- lexicon mx300, seymour duncan tweakfuzz

vinyl
Tiny Terror

Post by vinyl » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:37 am

I thought that kannibul's clips sounded pretty wicked, (they made me notice and try a Rockerverb, thanks buddy) but if you are looking for heavier than that you might want to ckeck out ENGL. Of course most amps can be as heavy as you want with the right pedal. But kannibuls clips are heavier than hard rock, IMO. What exactly do you mean by "hard rock," who are your influences?

kannibul
Orange Master

Post by kannibul » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:01 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by vinyl</i>
<br />I thought that kannibul's clips sounded pretty wicked, (they made me notice and try a Rockerverb, thanks buddy) but if you are looking for heavier than that you might want to ckeck out ENGL. Of course most amps can be as heavy as you want with the right pedal. But kannibuls clips are heavier than hard rock, IMO. What exactly do you mean by "hard rock," who are your influences?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

THank's for the props :)

There's a clip that isn't on the clips thread that I did a little while ago, that's even more heavy than my other clips :)

http://members.cox.net/kannibul/media/meanrv100.mp3

chiknpunk

Post by chiknpunk » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:44 am

Kannibul, great clip man! Your stuff comes the closest to the sound I want, but I was wondering if you are using any pedals to get that distortion, or is it O'naturale??

anima...
I love UnderOath, and I am heavily influenced by them...also..I noticed that the Bled plays Orange amps, and the distortion I want sounds like that, but the main thing I'm wanting to know is....(Is it the amp that's giving them that great distortion, or are they using pedals?)

That is why I was wanting to know if anyone had any clips of just their amp's distortion doing some stuff kinda like UnderOath and such. BTW...I'm wanting to get a Rockerverb 50 or 100, so if you play either of those...it would help. Thank you guys so much for all the help.

fiveightandten
Orange Master

Post by fiveightandten » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:03 am

Daniel,

Check out my OR-120 clip if you'd like. It's pretty lo-fi...but it'll give you an idea of what the amp sounds like overdriven pretty hard.

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Membe ... 024357.mp3

-Nick
'71 GRO100 || '96 OR-80 || AD30 || '64 AC-50 || AC-30TBX || Hiwatt DR504 || HI-TONE HT30
LP Standard || LP Studio || LP Custom Lite || Ric 620 || Ric 360 || MIA Tele || SG 61 RI

vinyl
Tiny Terror

Post by vinyl » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:20 pm

I know that kannibuls clips are acheived with just the amp. That is just how good they sound on their own, I own a Rockerverb and those clips are definately not pedal driven.

CTC
Orange Expert

Post by CTC » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:10 pm

Kannibul and Leon always have great recorded clips posted. What are you using to record your clips through? Do you record them to your pc using some software or something? Man, they always sound so good.

Still waiting for my RV from the shop so listening to the clips helps with the waiting....:D

-C

BastardofOz

Post by BastardofOz » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:25 pm

Is that angels from heaven singing harmony?;)

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Howard</i>
<br />Hey , welcome to the forum. You can check out my band site. That stuff was done on an Orange OR120 with a Digitech Metal Master distortion pedal.

www.myspace.com/nosfur
The Great and Powerful BASTARD has Spoken...

kannibul
Orange Master

Post by kannibul » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:45 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by chiknpunk</i>
<br />Kannibul, great clip man! Your stuff comes the closest to the sound I want, but I was wondering if you are using any pedals to get that distortion, or is it O'naturale??

anima...
I love UnderOath, and I am heavily influenced by them...also..I noticed that the Bled plays Orange amps, and the distortion I want sounds like that, but the main thing I'm wanting to know is....(Is it the amp that's giving them that great distortion, or are they using pedals?)

That is why I was wanting to know if anyone had any clips of just their amp's distortion doing some stuff kinda like UnderOath and such. BTW...I'm wanting to get a Rockerverb 50 or 100, so if you play either of those...it would help. Thank you guys so much for all the help.

Guitar, cord, amp - that's it!

Though, most of my clisp are double (or more) tracked. The one on the clip page, the first one listed in my section, is a single track though...

kannibul
Orange Master

Post by kannibul » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:48 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by CTC</i>
<br />Kannibul and Leon always have great recorded clips posted. What are you using to record your clips through? Do you record them to your pc using some software or something? Man, they always sound so good.

Still waiting for my RV from the shop so listening to the clips helps with the waiting....:D

-C

Thanks! I think Leon's clips kill mine in terms of quality, but I use a SM57 and a M-Audio Audio Buddy (now - before, and on all of the clips I have posted here, are with a Behringer preamp) - then all the clips but the "mean" one, are through a Creative SB Live Audigy 2 ZS, the mean one is through my newer card - a M-Audio 2496. All of the clips, except the mean one, were thought Sonar 2, the mean one being thought Sonar 4.

:)

Howard
Orange Hero

Post by Howard » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:02 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> Is that angels from heaven singing harmony?

hehehe ya Oz, actually we might be doing something like that . I'm thinking about adding in a girl singer to compliment the guy singer. Most likely when we finish forming the band we will sound different than the clips we have posted. Every song on that webpage has been an experiment in techinique( not just mine but the drummer and bassist too) and effects. I write songs just to try out effect pedals .

Click or copy and paste : http://www.myspace.com/theoneampover" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;