Amp help

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

kat_shredda

Amp help

Post by kat_shredda » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:17 pm

Hi...I just bought a Blackstar HT-5, the 5 watt head, and I don't have a cab to try it out with at the moment. I do have a rocker 30 and was wondering if it would be safe for me to disconnect the speaker and run the blackstar through the rocker's speaker, to test it out, without harming the speaker.

Has anyone done this? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I'm kinda of a nube

Don't want to hurt my precious Orange :)

Thanks for ny help

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Re: Amp help

Post by baytamusic » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:27 pm

Match your ohms and you're good to go.

Just don't forget to plug it back into the Rocker when you're done.

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:35 pm

kat_shredda wrote:Hi...I just bought a Blackstar HT-5, the 5 watt head, and I don't have a cab to try it out with at the moment. I do have a rocker 30 and was wondering if it would be safe for me to disconnect the speaker and run the blackstar through the rocker's speaker, to test it out, without harming the speaker.

Has anyone done this? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I'm kinda of a nube

Don't want to hurt my precious Orange :)

Thanks for ny help
Yes you can do this. Just disconnect the speaker jack from the R.30 combo and run it from the Blackstars 16 ohm output. Unfortunately the stock speaker cord is pretty short so you'll have to run them back to back. Be careful not to tug on the speaker connections. I soldered a slightly longer speaker cable in my own R30C to make this sort of thing easier.

Take care though and it'll be fine. Just remember never to power either amp up without having the speaker plugged into the correct impedance amp output.

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

kat_shredda

Post by kat_shredda » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:04 pm

Thanks so much for the quick help!

8)