best budget pedals that work great with your orange

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Y0UNGBL00D
Orange Master

Re: best budget pedals that work great with your orange

Post by Y0UNGBL00D » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:25 am

danelectro fish and chips EQ. dirt cheap, has held up for years, and works great as a pretty handy clean boost in a pinch (or bass boost, or treble boost....). SERIOUSLY underrated pedal. only downside is the in/out/dc jack positions. have had to do some pretty creative cabling tricks on occasion. and it doesnt look like id want to mess with the battery door, but thats a nonissue for me. also kind of a bitch to velcro to a board. so 3 minor things (wouldnt be minor on a $400 pedal, but for this thing, ill take em). easy to rehouse into a project box too, if thats your thing. could probably done for still much less than a boss or mxr eq.I never understood why EQ pedals were so effing expensive in the first place.

EHX takes up most of my board, all solid stuff, w/e of a fuzz factory (tank, even with some chicks fruity drink spilt on it), an FM4 (actually pretty shoddy switchwork, but ive seen mods to 3pDt them. im going to have to clean that thing/sturdy that thing up. its a crap shoot when i hit my first preset whether it will engage or not, and its a very noticable effect, cant have it failing), a voodoo labs trem (rock solid), pitch black (no issues yet), and an MXR micro amp (same drink story. house parties and pedal boards dont mix). and the orange footswitch of course!
Thunderverb 50,
modded SG, pedals, shiner bock.

chinese fork tie
Orange Master

Post by chinese fork tie » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:58 am

i kicked the plastic off the stab knob on my fuzz factory the first night i had it, but other than that, it's held up to some severe beatings.
http://myspace.com/rewritedept
i gotta movie in my head! you wanna see it?

Y0UNGBL00D
Orange Master

Post by Y0UNGBL00D » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:30 am

knobs are knobs, man. no ammount of setscrews in the universe will make them any less plasticky.
i bent one of mine too, but some pliers and a flathead fixed that right up.
Thunderverb 50,
modded SG, pedals, shiner bock.

Bentfinger
Orange Master

Post by Bentfinger » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:24 am

I love the Maxon Ts9 / Od808 and analog delay RI pedals. I also have fun with an old Boss mij ds1, Ibanez sd-9, and the newer 39.00 ds1 is cool also... Ck pawn shops for 80' mij pedals and rack units
http://www.myspace.com/fragilexrock
www.reverbnation.com/fragilex

"I Wanted To Be A Rock Star, But I Must of Been Standing In The Wrong Line"