Quick review, titanium vs brass big block for floyd rose

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Mrjones2004x
Orange Master

Quick review, titanium vs brass big block for floyd rose

Post by Mrjones2004x » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:16 pm

Fitted my new 42mm titanium big block to my charvel and ditched the extra shim under the spring plate.

Right if you remember the brass block added a huge amount of low end and low mids and warmed the tone up a lot and i found the bite i had was more mellow.

The titanium block fitted great even tho 5mm longer and i also put the brass trem stop on with a stainless screw not the junk one it comes with instead of the wood shim i fitted before as it never seemed to sit right.

Right..............WOW! Even bigger difference now. The guitar still has a massive low end like the brass but the high end is really aggressive and biting. Sort of evil. The clarity is really good with single notes and chords sounding out better/brighter rather than mellow with the brass. Sustain seems the same as the brass which is good as it was a fair bit better than stock.
Id say the tone i get now is really like the the van halen early tone from songs such as you really got me. really love the bite. much prefer over a mellow sound. I find the emgs in my ibanez pull of a mellow sound good.

Exspensive but id buy another if i had another floyd rose guitar
Tone is everything