'62 Telecaster Custom

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

dave5150
Tiny Terror

Re: '62 Telecaster Custom

Post by dave5150 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:05 pm

I love my Fender Japan 62 RI and strangely enough, just before I came onto here, I was looking at prices of one in candy apple red as I love the neck so much, I would quite like another!
I put a black pickguard onto mine and wired in a Dimarzio Chopper-T pickup with a coil splitter push/pull on the tone knob. I use it for blues/rock and the neck is almost perfect for soloing... I just wish it have one more fret! You can't have it all, though! :P

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:30 pm

dave5150 wrote:I love my Fender Japan 62 RI and strangely enough, just before I came onto here, I was looking at prices of one in candy apple red as I love the neck so much, I would quite like another!
I put a black pickguard onto mine and wired in a Dimarzio Chopper-T pickup with a coil splitter push/pull on the tone knob. I use it for blues/rock and the neck is almost perfect for soloing... I just wish it have one more fret! You can't have it all, though! :P

I LOVE that guitar! Wow. Japanese Fenders are awesome!

nguideau
Orange Master

Post by nguideau » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:39 pm

Very nice! Good idea with the black guard, I think it really makes it pop.
- Nathan

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:40 pm

nguideau wrote:Very nice! Good idea with the black guard, I think it really makes it pop.
"Make it pop". That's like the nightmare line I get from clients when doing a design for them. haha!

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:32 am

baytamusic wrote:
nguideau wrote:Very nice! Good idea with the black guard, I think it really makes it pop.
"Make it pop". That's like the nightmare line I get from clients when doing a design for them. haha!
Imagine what it must be like for a male prostitute to hear that all day long :( .