2 out of 3 electrics for sale :(

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Mrjones2004x
Orange Master

2 out of 3 electrics for sale :(

Post by Mrjones2004x » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:06 pm

listed 2 of my guitars on ebay out of the 3 ive got. Feels like im doing the wrong thing already even tho i dont play them anymore. Both are great in there own way just i want the money and wanna get a couple of other bits also. Titanium block is on it way to me now also :D

Is it normal to think maybe i shouldnt do it :roll:

Im planning on paying of some more debts with any money left over as fed up with it now. Should of cleared £10k of debts in a week then only about £2k left i think :D :D :D Been along time rime since i was debt free! Except the morgage lol.

Dont know what its like in the U.S. but here in the UK i basically got a call/letter when i turned 18 offerering me a loan and credit cards. Well i wanted a car/insurance, holiday, motorbike ect ect so its easy. now im 29 nearly 30 after borrowing on top of borrowing for more and more better things ect i think its time to enjoy my money.

People say how are you broke when you earn £38k a year? Then i give them a run down of bank loan repayments, credit card, guitar loan :roll: 0% tho, hp on a PC 4 years ago high insurance for a family car :evil: then they so oh so thats where it all gos!

So thats one good reason i need to pay off stuff then can feel better about my life.

Still feels crap having to part with good gear :roll: :roll:
Tone is everything

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Re: 2 out of 3 electrics for sale :(

Post by baytamusic » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:10 pm

Mrjones2004x wrote:listed 2 of my guitars on ebay out of the 3 ive got. Feels like im doing the wrong thing already even tho i dont play them anymore. Both are great in there own way just i want the money and wanna get a couple of other bits also. Titanium block is on it way to me now also :D

Im planning on paying of some more debts with any money left over as fed up with it now. Should of cleared £10k of debts in a week then only about £2k left i think :D :D :D Been along time rime since i was debt free! Except the morgage lol.

Dont know what its like in the U.S. but here in the UK i basically got a call/letter when i turned 18 offerering me a loan and credit cards. Well i wanted a car/insurance, holiday, motorbike ect ect so its easy. now im 29 nearly 30 after borrowing on top of borrowing for more and more better things ect i think its time to enjoy my money.

People say how are you broke when you earn £38k a year? Then i give them a run down of bank loan repayments, credit card, guitar loan :roll: 0% tho, hp on a PC 4 years ago high insurance for a family car :evil: then they so oh so thats where it all gos!

So thats one good reason i need to pay off stuff then can feel better about my life.

I'd say sell the guitars if they just sit there. Pay off all your debts, and then you'll have plenty of money to buy new gear when you want it and you won't feel guilty spending the money since you are debt free. I've been paying off a $10000 debt for the last year and a half. I'm almost done paying! It'll feel great when it's paid off. I still have my student loans, but they are so high I don't see those being paid off for many years to come.

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:41 pm

Yeah, hurts to lose good gear but I think you are doing the right thing. Make your money your own money rather than having the money grabbing parasitic banks and credit card companies take their pound of flesh. That can be a whole lot of money down the toilet.

I'm lucky I never got into buying stuff on credit. If I couldn't afford it outright than it would just have to wait. I've always been lucky enough to manage to live that way. I know what you mean about the credit card companies being pushy though. I got one card back in the UK mainly for internet transactions etc and hardly ever used it, always paid up on time. And sure enough they'd keep upping my credit limit without me ever once asking for that.

Trouble is that when I did use it after moving here to Holland the useless buffers would often mail me the bill so damn late that there was no way I could mail a cheque back to get there before the payment deadline. I usually ended up paying interest plus their fee, and hated that. Eventually though one time when I came back from holiday they'd decided that because I was late again (couple of weeks through no fault of mine - I'd been away) my credit limit should be reduced from 6 grand or whatever to 200 quid. Considering they had done so well winkling money out of me for nothing and then had the cheek to do that, well I told them in no uncertain terms exactly where they could shove their credit! Daresay I've now got a really bad credit rating back in the UK because that is the way the vindictive scum work, but I'm not in the least worried! As I say I've never depended on credit. I'd rather throw cash on the street than give any more to these w..., sorry bankers!

Good for you mate, you made the right choice. Tell you what though, the next guitars you buy you'll treasure more for having had to lose ones you really liked. I had to sell almost all of my gear back in '88 due to prolonged illness and not being able to work for about a year. Kept the Orange head but all the rest went. Most of my good LP (records) too. That hurt some, so I feel for you.

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

pinkpunkcaddy
Rocker

Post by pinkpunkcaddy » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:44 pm

Debt free is where its at man! Nothing better than the feeling of buying something with cash and not having to worry about the bill later.
Orange AD30TC Combo
Orange Rocker 30
Orange AD200
1967 Fender Princeton Reverb
Marshall 4x12
Ampeg 6X10
Gibson Les Paul Jr.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Jr. DC
Mario Guitars Jazzmaster
Eastman Slope Shoulder

Mrjones2004x
Orange Master

Post by Mrjones2004x » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:55 pm

Thanks for the replies.

Once ive paid myt debts then to address the wives. Will keep a bit for myself but prob gonna save the majority of the money. Prob save £500 a month out of £550! be worth it if both debt free.
Feels like the flat we live in is a money pit a some times.
£500 morgage is cheap, £2200 per year service charge is bloody steep, and £150/month electric. No gas so eveything is electric and when they built them they put the halogen lights everywhere that cost a fortune!!
My goal is to get myself sorted so that when i get paid £2400/month approx i want to have £1000 minimum left and have paid all the bills. might take a while but its a start :D
Tone is everything

rufus
Tiny Terror

Post by rufus » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:17 pm

That's the way to go, no debts! You'll be a free man :D !

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:32 pm

I love debt, means I've got lots of cool stuff.

Mrjones2004x
Orange Master

Post by Mrjones2004x » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:39 pm

Jondog wrote:I love debt, means I've got lots of cool stuff.
That is very true :lol:
Tone is everything

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:41 pm

Ha! Well, technically you'll have more cool stuff in the long run with no debt. You have to pay for it at some point or ruin you credit, one of the two. Ever figured out how much interest you pay over the lifetime of a loan with making minimum payments? It's nuts.

Tango
Orange Master

Post by Tango » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:19 pm

:lol:
http://www.radio-clash.com/fr_home.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Van Cleef
Orange Master

Post by Van Cleef » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:49 pm

Mrjones2004x wrote:listed 2 of my guitars on ebay out of the 3 ive got. Feels like im doing the wrong thing already even tho i dont play them anymore. Both are great in there own way just i want the money and wanna get a couple of other bits also. Titanium block is on it way to me now also :D

if you don't use it - put it on the bus and keep what you love -
LIKE SPACE ROCK? = VAN CLEEF @ BANDCAMP http://vancleef.bandcamp.com/