Thinking of trading my R30 combo in for a Gibby 60s....

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Thinking of trading my R30 combo in for a Gibby 60s....

Post by Neiloler » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:44 am

Tribute Les Paul. Honey Burst. This thing has taken me visually. I want to play one.

EDIT: And just so people get to see my insanity, this is the guitar:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electri ... ibute.aspx
Last edited by Neiloler on Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

brianr0131
Orange Master

Re: Thinking of trading my R30 combo in for a Gibby 60s....

Post by brianr0131 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:17 am

Fair trade value-wise. But, I would miss my Rocker too much. I know you rarely use your's so if you don't want to explain a 1K purchase to the wifey.....trade away. You won't get enough at a shop though. You'll have to sell your combo and buy a guitar, or find someone who has one and already wants to get rid of it (unlikely since they're so new)
Mesa Road King-Carvin Legacy 212-Silvertone 1484-Parker Fly DLX-Les Paul Trad Pro-USA ASAT-LP Junior-60's Tribute LP GTop-HWY1 Strat-Esquire Build-Peavey Predator-VHT Valvulator-Bud Wah-CMAT Signa Drive-Keeley Mod DS1-Monte Allum Dyna Comp-TU2-CE5-GE7-DD7

indianDYsummer
Orange Master

Post by indianDYsummer » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:47 am

If you sell your R30 combo and buy a R30 head, I'll buy that from you! :D

The 60s tribute guitars from Gibson are all pretty cool. I've tried one and liked it. The SGs with p90s seem solid also. I like my LP special even though it's not technically one of them. Maybe gonna put some Lollars in tonight, or at the very least wire wire up the replacement pot circuit. Giving 50s wiring a try before putting in a treble bleed to see if it actually helps.

Anyways, be warned that if you sell your R30 you'll have to pick up another Orange in the near future. ;) Forum rules!

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:52 am

Haha, I'll pick another up sometime in the future, sure, sure. :)

I was thinking of either finding one used, not likely for a littlewhile, or seeing if I can trade it into Git Center, which wouldn't likely be cost effective. I'm thinking it's going to have be sold first.

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:57 am

Neiloler wrote:Tribute Les Paul. Honey Burst. This thing has taken me visually. I want to play one.
Don't play one - that will make you buy one :D .

I don't play my Rocker 30 very much either, but it's not for a lack of awesomeness. I have thought about selling it to someone who would make good use of it, but I think I would miss it as soon as it was gone.

How many guitars and how many amps do you have? If shifting the Rocker 30 would only leave you with the Carvin for gigs, I'd say don't do it. Every pro musician needs a good backup amp.

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:13 am

I've thought about the idea of a backup, that is a concern. The other thing I'd like to do is build/buy a Deluxe Reverb. A LP into one of themselves would sound lovely, especially the P90s.

I'm at this transitional period where I feel I need to cut the fat out and move forward. The Rocker is great, I enjoy it, but I don't long to play it anymore. I need thicker tones that it seems to want to give me on the clean channel, and I want less distortion than it gives on the dirty channel.

Van Cleef
Orange Master

Post by Van Cleef » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:28 am

Randy Bass wrote:
Neiloler wrote:Tribute Les Paul. Honey Burst. This thing has taken me visually. I want to play one.
Don't play one - that will make you buy one :D .

I don't play my Rocker 30 very much either, but it's not for a lack of awesomeness. I have thought about selling it to someone who would make good use of it, but I think I would miss it as soon as it was gone.

How many guitars and how many amps do you have? If shifting the Rocker 30 would only leave you with the Carvin for gigs, I'd say don't do it. Every pro musician needs a good backup amp.
mine has been on ebay for a while - -

i want another jazzmaster - - -or a roland jazz chorus
LIKE SPACE ROCK? = VAN CLEEF @ BANDCAMP http://vancleef.bandcamp.com/

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:16 am

Made it happen. Here's wishing it sells high.

jason41224
Orange Master

Post by jason41224 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:27 am

bill it as a rare collectors piece. it's working so far as i'm selling my 80's Carvin head :D

if you do sell it, i wish you luck on that Les Paul. that honey burst caught my eye as soon as those came out. absolutely gorgeous guitar.
Jason
Rocker 30
too many pedals

indianDYsummer
Orange Master

Post by indianDYsummer » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:48 am

Nice posting- if I were shopping for one I wouldn't hesitate to buy that one as listed. Some people make their ebay postings pretty terrible and it makes me wary to buy. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:51 am

indianDYsummer wrote:Nice posting- if I were shopping for one I wouldn't hesitate to buy that one as listed. Some people make their ebay postings pretty terrible and it makes me wary to buy. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Thanks dude. I figure it's the difference of a few words and a few more pictures, and it makes a big difference in people trusting you as a seller. I know I'm honest, but it's a trick/art to help other people understand that.

indianDYsummer
Orange Master

Post by indianDYsummer » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:26 am

Neiloler wrote:
indianDYsummer wrote:Nice posting- if I were shopping for one I wouldn't hesitate to buy that one as listed. Some people make their ebay postings pretty terrible and it makes me wary to buy. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Thanks dude. I figure it's the difference of a few words and a few more pictures, and it makes a big difference in people trusting you as a seller. I know I'm honest, but it's a trick/art to help other people understand that.
I just passed on bidding on a R30 head on ebay because I didn't get the right feeling from the seller. His pictures were poor quality, and there was very little to the description. I mailed him asking about the condition, if there were any nicks/blemishes that you couldn't see from the pics. He said it was in basically mint condition, and could take more pics if I wanted. I said that's ok, I don't need more pics, but I still didn't have a good feeling about it- so I passed. I prefer to know the story behind the amp, why the seller is selling, how frequently it was used, etc, without having to play detective or 20 questions with the seller. IMO spending the extra 10 minutes taking extra pictures and typing up a clear/precise description makes your item worth like 10% more to sellers.

hellagnar Brosevelt
Orange Expert

Post by hellagnar Brosevelt » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:56 am

I have one of the 50s tributes in the honey burst. It gets so much love at every show. The other guitarist plays a legit artist tribute from the 80s with a gold top mini humbucker/p90 and bigsby. Full Neil Young replica and dudes come talk to me about my 2009 $800 LP :lol:

You will probably need to put a new switch in it so factor that into the price.
http://blackdots.bandcamp.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

brianr0131
Orange Master

Post by brianr0131 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:37 pm

Very fair price and honest well written listing Neil. I hope you get what you want. Also, I hope you don't miss the Rocker like I would.

Good Luck!
Mesa Road King-Carvin Legacy 212-Silvertone 1484-Parker Fly DLX-Les Paul Trad Pro-USA ASAT-LP Junior-60's Tribute LP GTop-HWY1 Strat-Esquire Build-Peavey Predator-VHT Valvulator-Bud Wah-CMAT Signa Drive-Keeley Mod DS1-Monte Allum Dyna Comp-TU2-CE5-GE7-DD7

nguideau
Orange Master

Post by nguideau » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:59 pm

I've been GASing for one of these myself. At first, I really wanted the goldtop, but now I'm thinking I like the worn ebony finish the most, just looks really classic and obviously a little less flashy than the goldtop. :)

Hope you're able to get one! But mostly so you can do a video review for us... :) :mrgreen:
- Nathan