orange sandwich (rehearsal day)

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

wrath
Orange Hero

orange sandwich (rehearsal day)

Post by wrath » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:31 am

My four mates and me have been doing some progressive rock stuff for the last 3-4 months. We have three guitars in the band. I use RV50 head through PPC412, other friend uses Fender Deluxe, and third one has an Ashdown combo (not sure which model, I only know it's loaded with two celestions v30). The bassist doesn't have an amp at the moment so he uses my OR120 Overdrive through some crappy cab...not the best of sounds, but it gets the job done for now. I don't particulary like the sound of the ashdown...my friend has some nice pedals including a very nice overdrive Tube Zone but the amp doesn't seem to take it very well. Too trebly, undefined, lacking of low end and punch. The other day at practice my mate's ashdown gave up on him (turns on, all tubes glow but now sound) so we connected the OR120 to the ashdown's cab and the bass was going through the PA. Next thing I know we are in tone heaven guitar-wise (the bass still sounded crappy though :)). The OR takes his pedals great, it sounds thick, huge and juicy with his Tube Zone, really pushing the low frequencies and sits in the mix beautifully. Our rehearsal was like a big and very tasty Orange-Fender-Orange sandwich. I don't want him to repair that Ashdown. :)
Amplification: 70s OR120 Overdrive, Rockerverb 50 MKI, Rockerverb 100 MKII, PPC412
Axes: Tokai Love Rock LS-80, ESP LTD Viper 400
Synth: Novation Bass Station II