someone wants to swap my bfg for a r30 combo?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Re: someone wants to swap my bfg for a r30 combo?

Post by baytamusic » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:12 am

Van Cleef wrote:i'd like one of the early reissues before they put an fx loop in etc

i should perhaps try a rocker 30 head with a 4x12 cab - because compared to my jcm the r30 combo is boxy and fizzy... i can make it sound good with pedals and i LOVE the natural channel

i think i'd probably like an OR80 or something - i have a feeling that would be my kind of orange
That's the Plexi I had. The early one without the FX loop. But yeah, try the Rocker through a 4x12. I think it probably makes a huge difference. I couldn't really see the combo holding a candle to the sounds I'm getting with the 4x12. It sounds really good. Try some greenbacks or G12h30s if you can. It's a good match IMO.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:01 am

Mrjones2004x wrote:Think he now knows what a bfg looks like after emailed pics. Think he's off the idea already lol .
Ohwell never mind.
Still keep the dream of an rv50 :D
Maybe I'll save but I really don't do saving well. :(

Whilst on the subject, how does the rv do low volume? Like tv volume? The blackstar is good at that just wondered as I heard it has a great attenuater/master volume

Thanks

The RV50 has an excellent master volume. The sound is excellent from 1 on the dial. Certainly at equal volumes, I think it is much better than most amps I've tried. It makes (IMO) low watter practice amp redundant on sound quality alone.

The only problem..... is once you know how it sound on 2, you wanna turn it up there.... and once you know how it sounds on 3, you wann turn up there..... and once you know how it sound on 4................ :mrgreen:

But yeah, good amp for sure! Defo worth saving or buying on one of those "Take it away" scheme where you pay it in 10 instalments at 0% interests.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Mrjones2004x
Orange Master

Post by Mrjones2004x » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:22 am

0% don't work for amps only musical instruments. Also they just changed the rules so now it's for under 25's only :roll: you can buy guitar and amp together tho :lol:

I'd have my ultimate rack if I shifted my blackstar rig and my ibanez separately and be left with the charvel & bfg and enough money to get a rv 50 :twisted:
Tone is everything

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:29 am

Mrjones2004x wrote:0% don't work for amps only musical instruments. Also they just changed the rules so now it's for under 25's only :roll: you can buy guitar and amp together tho :lol:

I'd have my ultimate rack if I shifted my blackstar rig and my ibanez separately and be left with the charvel & bfg and enough money to get a rv 50 :twisted:

Is it?
I did have to buy one of thoses cheap ukelele (£20 toy thing) to get my RV50 & PPC212 on that instalment plan - however the deal the shop gave me was so good, Ukelele or not, I couldn't cheaper anywhere.

The chap did put Ukelele and accessories on the form now I think about it...... :lol:

I shame they limited it to under 25 - that was a good plan that thing.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Mrjones2004x
Orange Master

Post by Mrjones2004x » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:50 am

Yeah when I got my charvel they said I was lucky as it was all changing age wise. Very good system if you ask me.
Had loads of extra stuff to sign this time round as all computer based now. Last time I don't it previous to January this year was about 3 Yeats ago and it was quite diff.
Don't quote me 100% but I'm sure that's what he was saying to me.
Tone is everything

Blainy
Orange Master

Post by Blainy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:00 pm

TESLA_EL34 wrote:
Van Cleef wrote:i'd like one of the early reissues before they put an fx loop in etc

i should perhaps try a rocker 30 head with a 4x12 cab - because compared to my jcm the r30 combo is boxy and fizzy... i can make it sound good with pedals and i LOVE the natural channel

i think i'd probably like an OR80 or something - i have a feeling that would be my kind of orange
Get a matamp instead, GTL or GT1. Has everthing from OR to... plexi crunch(bit darker) to... whatever you want!
The Rocker30 sounds not so good in a combo. I have the combo and it sounds so much better with my 2x12 it's insane.
You should really try it with a decent cab!
Oh really? I must be deaf.

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:42 pm

Blainy wrote:
TESLA_EL34 wrote:

Get a matamp instead, GTL or GT1. Has everthing from OR to... plexi crunch(bit darker) to... whatever you want!
The Rocker30 sounds not so good in a combo. I have the combo and it sounds so much better with my 2x12 it's insane.
You should really try it with a decent cab!
Oh really? I must be deaf.
It's a good thing you can still type :lol: !

Blainy
Orange Master

Post by Blainy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:31 am

:lol:

Pardon?