Oh good god.. slash, how could you....

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

princepudding
Tiny Terror

Re: Oh good god.. slash, how could you....

Post by princepudding » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:36 am

jeeeezzzz you guys are pretty harsh. Slash is the man as far as I'm concerned. He can't do any wrong in my eyes. I wouldn't quite call him a sell out either. In interviews he has said that he really likes fergies voice. I could sort of hear what he was talking about on Beautiful Dangerous. I don't think that performance yesterday did any justice to sweet child being that the old guns are my favorite band of all time. But I'm not going to bash Slash for it. Rhyme unintentional.

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Post by OrangePaul » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:54 am

Maybe you should all try what we do in England at half time.....

......put the kettle on :lol:
Paul.

Deacon Blues
Orange Master

Post by Deacon Blues » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:55 am

slash was at one time a truly fantastic guitar player. his stuff with GNR was awesome. im not even really a fan and i think it was awesome.

velvet revolver sucks, and for the most part his other solo things have not impressed me.

whoever does slash's PR/marketing/management is who i would want to do mine if i ever got to be a pro musician. slash is literally a business. they've truly made him into a living legend, its pretty staggering how mythical of a figure they've made him out to be.

and the ultimate thing about it is that it gets people into liking the idea of playing. he inspires kids to pick up guitars and make music - that's a wonderful thing.

is he a sell out - i don't really know.

i think everyone on this board would play the superbowl halftime show with fergie and the black eyed peas if offered.
My name is Alex. I used to have an AD30HTC, but now I have an RV50 and PPC212.

David Verb
Rocker

Post by David Verb » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:05 am

If I was offered to... I would even have played without an amp! I would have "air guitar"ed the pile of poop out of Sweet Child of Mine!
Amp
Orange Rockerverb 100

Cabinet
PPC 412 HP 8

David Verb
Rocker

Post by David Verb » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:10 am

David Verb wrote:If I was offered to... I would even have played without an amp! I would have "air guitar"ed the pile of poop out of Sweet Child of Mine!
Haha. I like how the forum censored me! Doesn't have the same ring to it though!
Amp
Orange Rockerverb 100

Cabinet
PPC 412 HP 8

ironlung40
Orange Master

Post by ironlung40 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:22 am

Wendigo wrote:I have tact...I just don't choose to exersise it on the internet. :lol: I also cringe at my bluntness but continue to click on the "submit" button anyway.
Keep on keeping on.....it's all good brother.... 8)
Sincerely,
Ironlung40
OR120 Pix/text
Tiny Terror HW
Rocker 30 combo
Rockververb 100 MKII
Thunderverb 200
Gibson SG 61 RI

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:26 am

chinese fork tie wrote:
Randy Bass wrote:
chinese fork tie wrote:i don't think anyone brought up his playing ability here. dude can play. i know i'm just pissed that he played with those mediocre, crap-mongering dolly-waggletards the black eyed peas...
This is the crux of it. I think everyone can agree that Slash by himself would have been better than The Brown-Eyed Poos by themselves. He showed poor judgment by agreeing to it but it's not like he has a band that would be able to headline the Stupid Bowl on their own. His only shot at a huge opportunity like that was to allow some terrible Pop band like The Black Guy Pees to do a GNR song with him...and he should have turned it down to preserve his "street cred" 8) .
they censored fxcktard? hurtful.
Nah, I just thought it looked funny that way :lol: . It's definitely an apt description either way.

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:33 am

Deacon Blues wrote:...i think everyone on this board would play the superbowl halftime show with fergie and the black eyed peas if offered.
I know I would do it, but if I was Slash, I probably would have said "Ferget about it!" :wink:

arkman
Tiny Terror

Post by arkman » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:48 am

Randy Bass wrote:
Deacon Blues wrote:...i think everyone on this board would play the superbowl halftime show with fergie and the black eyed peas if offered.
I know I would do it, but if I was Slash, I probably would have said "Ferget about it!" :wink:

plus 1 :|

Wendigo
Orange Master

Post by Wendigo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:35 am

I can things I'd rather do with Fergie at halftime than rehash one of my old tunes. She's the ultimate butterface and I have lots of paper bags.

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:40 am

Wendigo wrote:I can things I'd rather do with Fergie at halftime than rehash one of my old tunes. She's the ultimate butterface and I have lots of paper bags.
Just be careful. Word is she likes to pee her pants on stage, unless of course you're into that kinda thing and then well, have fun and don't do anything I wouldn't, which isn't much!

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:00 am

baytamusic wrote:
Wendigo wrote:I can things I'd rather do with Fergie at halftime than rehash one of my old tunes. She's the ultimate butterface and I have lots of paper bags.
Just be careful. Word is she likes to pee her pants on stage, unless of course you're into that kinda thing and then well, have fun and don't do anything I wouldn't, which isn't much!
I fail to see how that would be a problem if she's not wearing pants :wink: .

Maybe we now have a theory on why Slash agreed to do the show in the first place - for the Goodie Bags.

jason41224
Orange Master

Post by jason41224 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:30 am

Borderline Productions wrote:Actually, playing guitar for Justin Bieber would be a step up.
whoa there. at least the peas have some sort of interesting flow to their music. beiber is just the canadian castrati version of nick jonas.
Jason
Rocker 30
too many pedals

chinese fork tie
Orange Master

Post by chinese fork tie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:16 am

jason41224 wrote:
Borderline Productions wrote:Actually, playing guitar for Justin Bieber would be a step up.
whoa there. at least the peas have some sort of interesting flow to their music. beiber is just the canadian castrati version of nick jonas.
why all the hate towards that bieber chick?
http://myspace.com/rewritedept
i gotta movie in my head! you wanna see it?

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:19 am

I'd play with any of them for the right amount of money. They don't accept Artistic Integrity as a form of payment at the Ferrari dealership.