Who are some of the most lame of bands ever?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

sidvicious
Orange Master

Re: Who are some of the most lame of bands ever?

Post by sidvicious » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:35 pm

I grew up in North Florida. It has the worst radio stations in the country (at least of the places I've been). To this day I feel like I want to throw up every time I hear "Free bird". Your only choices there are crappy classic rock stations that play non stop Skynard or "new" rock stations that play non-stop Creed and Limp Biscuit.

Yep, Skynrd is from FLA too. I didn't think about that, but I heard way too much of that while living there too. Skynrd is definitely on my hate list as well. I hate redneck ****-rock. But, the only saving grace skynrd has, is that they can actually play their instruments really well, and like it or not, it has a lot more substance to it than Creed or Bizcuit.
skynyrd isn't redneck rock - their fanbase are rednecks... they were actually pretty chilled - but hey - always good to perpetuate a myth[/quote]

skynyrd is lame? you gotta be kidding! [not you, van cleef!]. if anyone thinks skynyrd is lame, post a clip of your playing of "i know a little", and play it clean like steve gains does.

skynyrd actually opened for the stones in the 70's in england, and literally blew the stage away before the stones could set up.
Orange TV50
Orange Rockerverb MkII 2x12 Combo
Orange DT
Orange AD5
Orange PPC212

Vox AC50
Vox AC30
Vox AC4
2 Vox NT's
Marshall TlS 100
Marshall JCM800
Marshall slant
Mesa TA
60's Silverface Fender Twin
65 F SuperVerb
Bunch of others.

sidvicious
Orange Master

Post by sidvicious » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:39 pm

kiss.

i was a fan and i'm still a fan, but kiss is a lame band. they're not good musicians and the song-writing sounds like jr. high poetry.

for me it's an ironic internal conflict - i know they're not very good overall, but i love some of their tunes.

rock & roll all night is one of the definitive anthems of the 70's.
Orange TV50
Orange Rockerverb MkII 2x12 Combo
Orange DT
Orange AD5
Orange PPC212

Vox AC50
Vox AC30
Vox AC4
2 Vox NT's
Marshall TlS 100
Marshall JCM800
Marshall slant
Mesa TA
60's Silverface Fender Twin
65 F SuperVerb
Bunch of others.

arkman
Tiny Terror

Post by arkman » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:22 pm

feedbacker72 wrote:I'm surprised no one has mentioned limp bizcuit.
Amen, worst band ever. All I have to say is Fred Durst, and I throw up in my mouth a little...

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:24 pm

Van Cleef wrote:
JRogero wrote:
whatever spark of originality and interest they once had has been kiboshed by what they have become... specifically what Bobo has turned into

that actually makes them extra lame - and as stated, places them firmly at the tom of the lame chain
So if being original and good at some point and then becoming lame makes you even lamer then shouldn't Van Halen and Weezer top this list. No way is U2's newer material worse than anything Van Halen did post 1980's and Weezer what happened to them, they're first few CD's were so good.
Sorry - i know i will get caned for this - but I don't really like any Van Halen except VH1 - and that's only because some of the songs remind me of Skynyrd :D

as for weezer... I think pork n' beans and troublemaker are classic weezer songs... i like weezer - always have... but they're pretty hit and miss... kinda like led zep :)
I'm sorry but U2 is a much more important band in the scheme of things than Weezer could have ever hoped to be. Now, U2 is most definitely been lame ever since Achtung Baby and Bono is the tool of tools, but Weezer? Come on, those guys were eclipsed by many many indie rock/power pop bands of their time and they proved to only have two decent albums under their belt, and that's being generous, they are like the McDonalds of "90s indie pop"...

---

I hate Korn and Limp Bizkit in equal amounts. Of course Creed is lame. I'd say those three bands are going to be hard to beat. If you have anything good to say about any of them, you have horrible taste and really should take a good hard look at yourself.

Some of that stuff like Stryper and Nelson from the 80s is completely hysterically lame also.

ironlung40
Orange Master

Post by ironlung40 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:05 pm

I'm sorry but U2 is a much more important band in the scheme of things than Weezer could have ever hoped to be. Now, U2 is most definitely been lame ever since Achtung Baby and Bono is the tool of tools, but Weezer? Come on, those guys were eclipsed by many many indie rock/power pop bands of their time and they proved to only have two decent albums under their belt, and that's being generous, they are like the McDonalds of "90s indie pop"...

---

I hate Korn and Limp Bizkit in equal amounts. Of course Creed is lame. I'd say those three bands are going to be hard to beat. If you have anything good to say about any of them, you have horrible taste and really should take a good hard look at yourself.

Some of that stuff like Stryper and Nelson from the 80s is completely hysterically lame also.

You know I agree with you on the Creed and Bzkit comments 100%. It also seems that in every circle, be it in person or online community, I frequent feels the same, so What I don't get is that they still sold out arenas everywhere and sold millions of albums. So somebody is a lying closet case..... :lol: Somebody out there secretly likes these bands and is just to embarrassed to admit it. :lol:

The question is, who is lying, especially in this thread? :lol:
Sincerely,
Ironlung40
OR120 Pix/text
Tiny Terror HW
Rocker 30 combo
Rockververb 100 MKII
Thunderverb 200
Gibson SG 61 RI

Van Cleef
Orange Master

Post by Van Cleef » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:42 pm

sidvicious wrote:
I grew up in North Florida. It has the worst radio stations in the country (at least of the places I've been). To this day I feel like I want to throw up every time I hear "Free bird". Your only choices there are crappy classic rock stations that play non stop Skynard or "new" rock stations that play non-stop Creed and Limp Biscuit.

Yep, Skynrd is from FLA too. I didn't think about that, but I heard way too much of that while living there too. Skynrd is definitely on my hate list as well. I hate redneck ****-rock. But, the only saving grace skynrd has, is that they can actually play their instruments really well, and like it or not, it has a lot more substance to it than Creed or Bizcuit.
skynyrd isn't redneck rock - their fanbase are rednecks... they were actually pretty chilled - but hey - always good to perpetuate a myth
skynyrd is lame? you gotta be kidding! [not you, van cleef!]. if anyone thinks skynyrd is lame, post a clip of your playing of "i know a little", and play it clean like steve gains does.

skynyrd actually opened for the stones in the 70's in england, and literally blew the stage away before the stones could set up.[/quote]

as ronnie van zandt said - - the term southern rock is meaningless... it's like saying 'rock rock'
LIKE SPACE ROCK? = VAN CLEEF @ BANDCAMP http://vancleef.bandcamp.com/