Who are some of the most lame of bands ever?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

feedbacker72

Re: Who are some of the most lame of bands ever?

Post by feedbacker72 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:50 pm

I'm surprised no one has mentioned limp bizcuit. The toll this band has taken on the human race cannot be measured with todays technology. :cry:

ironlung40
Orange Master

Post by ironlung40 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:14 pm

feedbacker72 wrote:I'm surprised no one has mentioned limp bizcuit. The toll this band has taken on the human race cannot be measured with todays technology. :cry:
I was going to say Limp Bizcuit, but just hadn't got around to it yet. I suggested Creed earlier. Both of these bands are from the Northern Florida area, and I lived near Jacksonville Fla for 4 years in the late 90's to early 2000's. This was the height of their success. I hated, hated, hated, hearing their crap on all of the radio stations there, and hated hearing everyone and their brother raving over them. There wasn't a cover band in any club that wasn't playing Creed songs in north Fla. Hell, one band use to play "what's this life for" twice a show. Seriously, they'd play it early in the set, and then again near the end. Every time I saw them or heard about them they would do this. :roll:

Anyway, Venice Beach and the sunset strip in the 60's would've been a cool place to hang out. But, north Fla in the late 90's could've been a lot better without these 2 sorry excuses for "music".
Sincerely,
Ironlung40
OR120 Pix/text
Tiny Terror HW
Rocker 30 combo
Rockververb 100 MKII
Thunderverb 200
Gibson SG 61 RI

JRogero
Orange Hero

Post by JRogero » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:16 pm

I hated, hated, hated, hearing their crap on all of the radio stations there
I grew up in North Florida. It has the worst radio stations in the country (at least of the places I've been). To this day I feel like I want to throw up every time I hear "Free bird". Your only choices there are crappy classic rock stations that play non stop Skynard or "new" rock stations that play non-stop Creed and Limp Biscuit.

I never even realized music could be good until one of the few cool friends I had growing up lent me some Cure and Depeche Mode tapes.

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:16 pm

ironlung40 wrote:...I was going to say Limp Bizcuit, but just hadn't got around to it yet. I suggested Creed earlier. Both of these bands are from the Northern Florida area, and I lived near Jacksonville Fla for 4 years in the late 90's to early 2000's. This was the height of their success. I hated, hated, hated, hearing their crap on all of the radio stations there, and hated hearing everyone and their brother raving over them. There wasn't a cover band in any club that wasn't playing Creed songs in north Fla. Hell, one band use to play "what's this life for" twice a show. Seriously, they'd play it early in the set, and then again near the end. Every time I saw them or heard about them they would do this. :roll: .
You must really like Sister Hazel too :D .

MaxProphet
Orange Master

Post by MaxProphet » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:02 am

i like their early material but they have really gone downhill

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:17 am

Those Trannies shouldn't be allowed on the bus.

RupynatoR

Post by RupynatoR » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:32 am

ironlung40
Orange Master

Post by ironlung40 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:58 am

Randy Bass wrote:
ironlung40 wrote:...I was going to say Limp Bizcuit, but just hadn't got around to it yet. I suggested Creed earlier. Both of these bands are from the Northern Florida area, and I lived near Jacksonville Fla for 4 years in the late 90's to early 2000's. This was the height of their success. I hated, hated, hated, hearing their crap on all of the radio stations there, and hated hearing everyone and their brother raving over them. There wasn't a cover band in any club that wasn't playing Creed songs in north Fla. Hell, one band use to play "what's this life for" twice a show. Seriously, they'd play it early in the set, and then again near the end. Every time I saw them or heard about them they would do this. :roll: .
Yeah man, I absolutely love Sister Hazel! You know about the great FLA music don't you Bass? For real, is there any thing cool down there right now that we should be listening to? I used to watch a cover band called Bold City Band, ever heard of em'. They played from Orlando to Jax, often. Lead singer/guitar guy was named Gary. Don't remember his last name. They were good though, but didn't play originals.
I grew up in North Florida. It has the worst radio stations in the country (at least of the places I've been). To this day I feel like I want to throw up every time I hear "Free bird". Your only choices there are crappy classic rock stations that play non stop Skynard or "new" rock stations that play non-stop Creed and Limp Biscuit.

I never even realized music could be good until one of the few cool friends I had growing up lent me some Cure and Depeche Mode tapes.
Yep, Skynrd is from FLA too. I didn't think about that, but I heard way too much of that while living there too. Skynrd is definitely on my hate list as well. I hate redneck ****-rock. But, the only saving grace skynrd has, is that they can actually play their instruments really well, and like it or not, it has a lot more substance to it than Creed or Bizcuit.
Sincerely,
Ironlung40
OR120 Pix/text
Tiny Terror HW
Rocker 30 combo
Rockververb 100 MKII
Thunderverb 200
Gibson SG 61 RI

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:22 am

ironlung40 wrote:...For real, is there any thing cool down there right now that we should be listening to? I used to watch a cover band called Bold City Band, ever heard of em'. They played from Orlando to Jax, often. Lead singer/guitar guy was named Gary. Don't remember his last name. They were good though, but didn't play originals...
No and no.

You might check out Cinder, but there isn't much to be found.

Quattro DMD

Post by Quattro DMD » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:07 am

Van Cleef wrote:but you're ok with brokencyde?

:?: :lol:
I had to youtube brokencyde as I had never heard of them. They're horrible, worst garbage ever!

sidvicious
Orange Master

Post by sidvicious » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:54 am

RupynatoR wrote:this must be forgotten
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ubltxT7 ... r_embedded
i absolutely love this video.

if you've ever gigged, you've sucked this bad at some point in your career. i have. maybe not bitccch slapped, though.

the maddest i ever got was with a drummer. this guy touted tons of credentials and begged and begged to play a set with my band [mid 1980's]. one night i let him set in.

he SUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKEEEED!

three piece with a CRAPPY [and i mean really SHIITY] drummer!!

was awful.
Orange TV50
Orange Rockerverb MkII 2x12 Combo
Orange DT
Orange AD5
Orange PPC212

Vox AC50
Vox AC30
Vox AC4
2 Vox NT's
Marshall TlS 100
Marshall JCM800
Marshall slant
Mesa TA
60's Silverface Fender Twin
65 F SuperVerb
Bunch of others.

sidvicious
Orange Master

Post by sidvicious » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:58 am

Quattro DMD wrote:
Van Cleef wrote:but you're ok with brokencyde?

:?: :lol:
I had to youtube brokencyde as I had never heard of them. They're horrible, worst garbage ever!
same here. just cleaned vomit from my keyboard.

that ain't my genre, but even if it were, its razor blade time.

awful.
Orange TV50
Orange Rockerverb MkII 2x12 Combo
Orange DT
Orange AD5
Orange PPC212

Vox AC50
Vox AC30
Vox AC4
2 Vox NT's
Marshall TlS 100
Marshall JCM800
Marshall slant
Mesa TA
60's Silverface Fender Twin
65 F SuperVerb
Bunch of others.

voycie
Tiny Terror

Post by voycie » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:50 pm

Scouting For Girls. Undoubtedly the lamest band in the UK recently. One trick ponies, why they get airplay beats me!
Tele Deluxe Custom with Tremolo & Orange RV50
Peerless Pirates
http://www.myspace.com/peerlesspirates" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Van Cleef
Orange Master

Post by Van Cleef » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:03 am

JRogero wrote:
I hated, hated, hated, hearing their crap on all of the radio stations there

i love the cure and skynyrd in equal amounts - ditto joy division and the allman brothers... i guess my tastes are a bit more varied than some
LIKE SPACE ROCK? = VAN CLEEF @ BANDCAMP http://vancleef.bandcamp.com/

Van Cleef
Orange Master

Post by Van Cleef » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:05 am

ironlung40 wrote:
Randy Bass wrote:
Yeah man, I absolutely love Sister Hazel! You know about the great FLA music don't you Bass? For real, is there any thing cool down there right now that we should be listening to? I used to watch a cover band called Bold City Band, ever heard of em'. They played from Orlando to Jax, often. Lead singer/guitar guy was named Gary. Don't remember his last name. They were good though, but didn't play originals.

Yep, Skynrd is from FLA too. I didn't think about that, but I heard way too much of that while living there too. Skynrd is definitely on my hate list as well. I hate redneck ****-rock. But, the only saving grace skynrd has, is that they can actually play their instruments really well, and like it or not, it has a lot more substance to it than Creed or Bizcuit.
skynyrd isn't redneck rock - their fanbase are rednecks... they were actually pretty chilled - but hey - always good to perpetuate a myth
LIKE SPACE ROCK? = VAN CLEEF @ BANDCAMP http://vancleef.bandcamp.com/