Just got a Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro - i love it

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Re: Just got a Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro - i love it

Post by Randy Bass » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:01 pm

Man, if I could make my own pants...I would probably wear pants more often :oops: .

nguideau
Orange Master

Post by nguideau » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:34 pm

Randy Bass wrote:Man, if I could make my own pants...I would probably wear pants more often :oops: .
Someone teach this man to sew! Stat! :mrgreen:

Alex, if you are still interested in it and have a passion for it, I say, don't let it go. It sparked my interest when you mentioned it because my wife is in fashion and we moved a couple years ago specifically so she could find a job. So you gotta lay it out if you want to do it.
- Nathan

Deacon Blues
Orange Master

Post by Deacon Blues » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:39 am

So you gotta lay it out if you want to do it
you really couldn't be more right about that. the thing is my partner had the $, and i had the ideas. that was the deal, but it fell apart. i realized that there was just no way for us to work together.

my true passion is music, way way more than clothing. i love fashion and clothes (despite not really being a clotheshorse myself).

now that i'm in a band and were writing original material that i'm really into, i'm much more comfortable with walking away from the clothing thing than i would have been 4 months ago before hooking up with the guys im playing with now

PS: what does your wife do
My name is Alex. I used to have an AD30HTC, but now I have an RV50 and PPC212.

nguideau
Orange Master

Post by nguideau » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:23 pm

My wife has a bachelor's in fashion design. Currently, she does mostly technical design and production stuff, things like specs, fittings and fit comments, and nagging factories to get their work done. While she doesn't do it at her current job, she also has plenty of sketching and illustration experience because her main focus in school was more towards the creative side.

It seems like a weird and sometimes crazy industry to me. It is a lot like music... if you want to make it, you have to make it your number one priority in many ways, more so than most "typical" careers it seems.
- Nathan

Deacon Blues
Orange Master

Post by Deacon Blues » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:31 pm

shes lucky to be able to make a career out of her passion. that's awesome
My name is Alex. I used to have an AD30HTC, but now I have an RV50 and PPC212.