loud music tickets - sorta OT

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Re: loud music tickets - sorta OT

Post by Randy Bass » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:44 pm

As a part-Native American, I'm offended that we were not mentioned yet in this thread.

flea
Orange Master

Post by flea » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:56 pm

I play guitar also. I like amp loud. Do you like amp also?

ampliphic
Tiny Terror

Post by ampliphic » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:56 pm

Gray wrote: Sorry, what? Being unable to appreciate Skynyrd or Hank Sr. has nothing to do with them being black, it has to do with their age. I am against racisim twords any race but don't make this about something that it's not. The generational gap has far more to do with the type of music they listen to than race does.
i'm with you on this, and i'm not trying to make this something it's not. but race came in to picture the moment the OP interjected what race was involved. if this doesn't have anything to do with race, then why include it? if this is a generation thing, then i suppose there are just as many hispanic, asian, caucasian, etc. that are guilty of the same crime of listening to loud music and not being able to appreciate older music. my point is, race was brought up in a way that had questionable implications. and i really don't think this is the forum for that.
Rocker 30
les paul studio
custom jagocaster

Van Cleef
Orange Master

Post by Van Cleef » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:23 am

what we're really curious about is - when you you threatened to play skynyrd - did the guy ask for a head start? like - three steps?
LIKE SPACE ROCK? = VAN CLEEF @ BANDCAMP http://vancleef.bandcamp.com/

myboss57
Orange Master

Post by myboss57 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:59 pm

Van Cleef wrote:what we're really curious about is - when you you threatened to play skynyrd - did the guy ask for a head start? like - three steps?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Gibson SG Standard
http://www.nightmovesmd.bandcamp.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sovtek Mig 100h
TC Alter Ego
Mesa Oversized 412
Prev amps: 90s OD120, Tiny Terror, Rockerverb 100mk1

sidvicious
Orange Master

Post by sidvicious » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:30 pm

Van Cleef wrote:what we're really curious about is - when you you threatened to play skynyrd - did the guy ask for a head start? like - three steps?
hah! if some cat said that i'd force the police to apologize to him for writing the ticket!
Orange TV50
Orange Rockerverb MkII 2x12 Combo
Orange DT
Orange AD5
Orange PPC212

Vox AC50
Vox AC30
Vox AC4
2 Vox NT's
Marshall TlS 100
Marshall JCM800
Marshall slant
Mesa TA
60's Silverface Fender Twin
65 F SuperVerb
Bunch of others.

hellagnar Brosevelt
Orange Expert

Post by hellagnar Brosevelt » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:55 pm

So what happens if they say they were listening to Skynard? Do you force them to listen to loud hip hop for an hour? It seems like they might be being punished for what they listen to.
http://blackdots.bandcamp.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sidvicious
Orange Master

Post by sidvicious » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:27 pm

hellagnar Brosevelt wrote:So what happens if they say they were listening to Skynard? Do you force them to listen to loud hip hop for an hour? It seems like they might be being punished for what they listen to.
never happened. and you're wrong; the give and take is a bit of levity and it works well. the young men come away having been punished [for a very minor offense] and don't have a bad taste in their mouth because of it.
Orange TV50
Orange DT
Orange AD5
Orange PPC212

Vox AC50
Vox AC30
Vox AC4
2 Vox NT's
Marshall TlS 100
Marshall JCM800
Marshall slant
Mesa TA
65 F SuperVerb
Bunch of others.

sidvicious
Orange Master

Post by sidvicious » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:31 pm

the screamo crowd is a bit more of a challenge because they cross cultural lines more than others. but, one thing they seem to hate - classic rock. i've used it and it works.

edit: its the screamo bunch that's heavy into orange amps.
Orange TV50
Orange DT
Orange AD5
Orange PPC212

Vox AC50
Vox AC30
Vox AC4
2 Vox NT's
Marshall TlS 100
Marshall JCM800
Marshall slant
Mesa TA
65 F SuperVerb
Bunch of others.

IceCreamMan

Post by IceCreamMan » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:55 pm

The OP states facts in his post and ppl start screaming racism .... have we lost our minds to the PC god?

(can i say god here)

oh , an after practising for 20 years one would think you would be good enough to stop practicing now and actually doing.

hellagnar Brosevelt
Orange Expert

Post by hellagnar Brosevelt » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:50 pm

sidvicious wrote:
hellagnar Brosevelt wrote:So what happens if they say they were listening to Skynard? Do you force them to listen to loud hip hop for an hour? It seems like they might be being punished for what they listen to.
never happened. and you're wrong; the give and take is a bit of levity and it works well. the young men come away having been punished [for a very minor offense] and don't have a bad taste in their mouth because of it.
I was not saying you were the one punishing them for what they listen too. You sound like a fair dude with some common sense. My comment about being punished for what they listen to is more directed towards the ones stopping them and writing the citation in the first place. Around here I get bombarded with more lifted trucks and jeeps with no windows that have classic rock blasting then anything else. Seems hard to believe that they have never heard or needed to stop even one person blasting the rock??
http://blackdots.bandcamp.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;