Which cab to go with the RV50? (Help a Newbie!)

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Borderline Productions
Orange Master

Re: Which cab to go with the RV50? (Help a Newbie!)

Post by Borderline Productions » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:28 pm

Sometime the cool of new wears off. It's nice to have choices.
Bob

http://www.purevolume.com/oxymora" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

myboss57
Orange Master

Post by myboss57 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:38 pm

Borderline Productions wrote:Sometime the cool of new wears off. It's nice to have choices.
Yes, I agree. I would have loved to have been able to keep my PPC412, but I could not afford to get another cab - not to mention there's that whole "wife thing" who thinks that money is better spent on bills and groceries. :lol:
The other thing is that i think I have (as I'm sure most of us do!) perpetual Grass-Is-Greener Syndrome where I'm always looking and thinking about things that I want to get to tweak my sound.
Gibson SG Standard
http://www.nightmovesmd.bandcamp.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sovtek Mig 100h
TC Alter Ego
Mesa Oversized 412
Prev amps: 90s OD120, Tiny Terror, Rockerverb 100mk1

joeyang761020

Post by joeyang761020 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:05 am

Thanks a lot guys!!!! I got a quote from the local dude, he is charging me $700 for just cab without tolex and grill. Then I will have to find my own orange tolex. :( I think I just have to patiently wait for RV to arrive, then try out each of them one by one. Thanks either way.

myboss57
Orange Master

Post by myboss57 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:46 pm

joeyang761020 wrote:Thanks a lot guys!!!! I got a quote from the local dude, he is charging me $700 for just cab without tolex and grill. Then I will have to find my own orange tolex. :( I think I just have to patiently wait for RV to arrive, then try out each of them one by one. Thanks either way.
Is that with speakers or without? If it's with speakers, what speakers are they?
Gibson SG Standard
http://www.nightmovesmd.bandcamp.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sovtek Mig 100h
TC Alter Ego
Mesa Oversized 412
Prev amps: 90s OD120, Tiny Terror, Rockerverb 100mk1

joeyang761020

Post by joeyang761020 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:10 pm

It's the good old vintage 30s. I think I'm stuck with a dilemma here. I want the huge crunch tone from the vintage 30, but I also want a pristine clean tone from the greenback. ARHHGG....what to do, why cant we just have the best of 2 worlds in one speaker. It's like going to Baskin Robbin, standing in front of the counter for a good 5 mins cant decide what to pick.

Would the greenbacks be suitable for this style of music?
http://www.indievox.com/song/31275
I apologize for shameless self-promotion, totally unintentional. XD
myboss57 wrote:
joeyang761020 wrote:Thanks a lot guys!!!! I got a quote from the local dude, he is charging me $700 for just cab without tolex and grill. Then I will have to find my own orange tolex. :( I think I just have to patiently wait for RV to arrive, then try out each of them one by one. Thanks either way.
Is that with speakers or without? If it's with speakers, what speakers are they?

indianDYsummer
Orange Master

Post by indianDYsummer » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:32 pm

If you want greenback flavor and celestion v30, you could go with some Warehouse Speakers.

The ET-65 is their g12m-65, and their veteran 30 is their version of the vintage 30. They voiced them to mix well in the same cab, and recommend the mix to people who like mixing speakers. I bet they would sound pretty great!