OT coachella lineup has been posted.

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Bandeapart
Orange Master

Re: OT coachella lineup has been posted.

Post by Bandeapart » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:38 am

Big Audio Dynamite
Wire

cool!

Other than that, not THAT impressed, couple indie bands I think are okay, but not worth the ticket prices.
Orange AD30TC, Rickenbacker 360, 52RI Tele

doomedfuzz
Rocker

Post by doomedfuzz » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:01 am

chinese fork tie wrote:
doomedfuzz wrote:That's absolutely the most horrible lineup they've had from top to bottom, day in day out, that I can recall. Ouch...
go play yr sunn, the grownups are talking.

So you gonna go, do some X and jerk off to Arcade Fire? Yeah, your the type so don't even deny it. I predict the lowest turnout in the history of the festival. The most over rated band maybe in the history of music except maybe for At the Drive-In.. The Black Keys are really the only band worth anything on the entire festival, it is truly horrible this year. Kings of Leon headlining? They were OK when they first came out, have maybe 2 or 3 good songs but headlining? Jeez standards in popular music have really fallen -- do you all realize you've fallen to the Clear Channelization of music? No, your to freaking stupid. I won't even comment on the hip hop, I could care less, but the rock element is not good. They really have a bunch of low end hipster bands that play House of Blues when they come through, I guess if you put enough of that garbage on one bill and use a typically reputable festival name, it passes as hip and cool. Its not, its still a bunch of bands few people like plus Kayne West. The Strokes are another one of these way over rated bands - I bit off on the hype a few years back and gave them a shot, was just average, nothing great.
Brian: Orthodox Fuzz
http://www.reverbnation.com/orthodoxfuzz
Orange RV100/PPC412, Sunn Enforcer/4x12, Gibson LP & Flying V & SG, Epi Sheraton II & LP Custom

chinese fork tie
Orange Master

Post by chinese fork tie » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:43 am

doomedfuzz wrote:
chinese fork tie wrote:
doomedfuzz wrote:That's absolutely the most horrible lineup they've had from top to bottom, day in day out, that I can recall. Ouch...
go play yr sunn, the grownups are talking.

So you gonna go, do some X and jerk off to Arcade Fire? Yeah, your the type so don't even deny it. I predict the lowest turnout in the history of the festival. The most over rated band maybe in the history of music except maybe for At the Drive-In.. The Black Keys are really the only band worth anything on the entire festival, it is truly horrible this year. Kings of Leon headlining? They were OK when they first came out, have maybe 2 or 3 good songs but headlining? Jeez standards in popular music have really fallen -- do you all realize you've fallen to the Clear Channelization of music? No, your to freaking stupid. I won't even comment on the hip hop, I could care less, but the rock element is not good. They really have a bunch of low end hipster bands that play House of Blues when they come through, I guess if you put enough of that garbage on one bill and use a typically reputable festival name, it passes as hip and cool. Its not, its still a bunch of bands few people like plus Kayne West. The Strokes are another one of these way over rated bands - I bit off on the hype a few years back and gave them a shot, was just average, nothing great.
i already mentioned i could care less for any of the top billed crap on this lineup. IF i go (unemployed student, so it might not happen this year), it'll be for the bands i mentioned earlier. like wire, lightning bolt and PJ harvey. sorry it's not a doom fest, bro.
http://myspace.com/rewritedept
i gotta movie in my head! you wanna see it?

Van Cleef
Orange Master

Post by Van Cleef » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:56 am

Arcade Fire are the best Echo & The Bunnymen tribute band since Coldplay...
LIKE SPACE ROCK? = VAN CLEEF @ BANDCAMP http://vancleef.bandcamp.com/

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:58 am

I could not care less whether or not anyone could care less about this festival or these bands. I'm waiting for the Monsters of Southern Rock Tour.

Van Cleef
Orange Master

Post by Van Cleef » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:01 am

i did a quick google for Monsters of Southern Rock tour...

nada

is this wishful thinking?

lineup?

link?

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:25 am

Van Cleef wrote:i did a quick google for Monsters of Southern Rock tour...

nada

is this wishful thinking?

lineup?

link?
I should have clarified that I'm waiting for it to exist.

There aren't enough of 'em left alive to put something like that together. They did have a "Simple Man Cruise", but the concept sounded kinda ghey to me.

Van Cleef
Orange Master

Post by Van Cleef » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:45 am

the only incarnation of skynyrd i'd want to see requires a time machine

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:56 am

Van Cleef wrote:the only incarnation of skynyrd i'd want to see requires a time machine
I can verify that - I have seen them two or three times in the last twenty years and they are basically an above-average cover band. I never saw them with Hughie Thomasson though. I saw the Outlaws about four years ago and they were extremely good. They even played a couple of Henry Paul Band songs.

Van Cleef
Orange Master

Post by Van Cleef » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:04 am

well i never saw lynyrd skynyrd but i sure saw AC/DC

-

you know it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LptOc6OKoWs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:28 pm

The only shows I ever really attend with any religiousocity are my own. But if I were you, I wouldn't bother with them. ;)

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:37 pm

I really like Pains of Being Pure At Heart but they are playing here soon. I'd love to see Wire, but I wish it was about twenty five years ago. I like Arcade Fire. Good music IMO. The first album is really great. To each his own I guess. I just like what sounds good to me. I'm fairly well rounded with my music tastes.

Anyways, the line-up isn't too hot although I'm a little out of touch with newer bands that have came out in the last couple years. I also think the Strokes are great song writers. I'm a big fan. I shunned them when they first came out due to them being a bunch of rich kids, but honestly they can write a great hook, and you can't buy that.

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:41 pm

Oh, and if you guys really want to see some no talent hipsters, go check out Sleigh Bells. Now that is some horrible crap. Amazing the guy from Poison the Well went on to do this. I'm not really a fan of PTW but I can at least respect them... Sleigh Bells? No thanks.

chinese fork tie
Orange Master

Post by chinese fork tie » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:46 am

sleigh bells? more like GHEY bells.
http://myspace.com/rewritedept
i gotta movie in my head! you wanna see it?

indianDYsummer
Orange Master

Post by indianDYsummer » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:18 am

baytamusic wrote:I really like Pains of Being Pure At Heart but they are playing here soon.
I like that band too- they also put on a good live show. I saw them in a dormitory cafeteria a couple years ago. They aren't like.. the most energetic live band ever, but you can tell they are really having a lot of fun and that energy gets passed on to the crowd.