NPD

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

brianr0131
Orange Master

NPD

Post by brianr0131 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:49 pm

EHX Hum Debugger. Just popped it out of the box and plugged my ASAT into the rocker. Even on clean channel it hums worse that a strat into a dimed marshall under a neon bar sign. OK maybe not but close to it.

Stepped on the switch and voila', all was good. Some people talk about sound artifacts and/or oscillation etc from this pedal. But, I messed around with it on both channel, both pickups, at various volume levels and I couldn't find anything that was unpleasant to me. As a matter of fact I couldn't hear any difference other than the absence of hum.

The single coil sound remains and the hum is gone. Problem solved. Time to get that fugly middle position humbucker out of my ASAT.

If anyone was on the fence about this pedal, I highly recommend it. I have seen a few youtube videos but I thought it had to be too good to be true.

Brilliant pedal!
Mesa Road King-Carvin Legacy 212-Silvertone 1484-Parker Fly DLX-Les Paul Trad Pro-USA ASAT-LP Junior-60's Tribute LP GTop-HWY1 Strat-Esquire Build-Peavey Predator-VHT Valvulator-Bud Wah-CMAT Signa Drive-Keeley Mod DS1-Monte Allum Dyna Comp-TU2-CE5-GE7-DD7