humbucker music online: are they a trustworthy seller?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

ianwrecked
Rocker

Re: humbucker music online: are they a trustworthy seller?

Post by ianwrecked » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:50 am

Bought my Rockerverb 100 and PPC412 from them. Incredible people and super fast shipping- and as far as packing is considered, they're the tops.
http://www.myspace.com/wreckmusic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.facebook.com/bigblackheartattack" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Les Paul>TU-3 Tuner>PS-5 Super Shifter>DD-7 Digital Delay>NS-2 Noise Suppressor>Rockerverb 100>PPC412

chinese fork tie
Orange Master

Post by chinese fork tie » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:40 am

Y0UNGBL00D wrote:often times the locals suck, to put it bluntly. especially if you dont live in a ibg city. but i agree with at least checking them out!
i dunno, i live in a city with only a few guitar shops (only two that are any good as far as i'm concerned) and i'd much rather support a local if they can get what i want. the locals might not always have the full line of a brand in stock, but if they carry it, they can get whatever you need. that's how i'm getting a lefty G+L in a city where no lefty G+Ls have ever been sold.
http://myspace.com/rewritedept
i gotta movie in my head! you wanna see it?

indianDYsummer
Orange Master

Post by indianDYsummer » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:35 am

chinese fork tie wrote:
Y0UNGBL00D wrote:often times the locals suck, to put it bluntly. especially if you dont live in a ibg city. but i agree with at least checking them out!
i dunno, i live in a city with only a few guitar shops (only two that are any good as far as i'm concerned) and i'd much rather support a local if they can get what i want. the locals might not always have the full line of a brand in stock, but if they carry it, they can get whatever you need. that's how i'm getting a lefty G+L in a city where no lefty G+Ls have ever been sold.

yeah, i try to buy from local shops whenever possibly, I'll even pay a little more, but it didn't work out with my jazzmaster. Lots of phone tag, delays, bad info, etc. led me to buy it at musicians friend when they were having a sale on fenders. It was really awkward when i went in to get my deposit back, I felt bad.

Y0UNGBL00D
Orange Master

Post by Y0UNGBL00D » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:25 pm

Yeah there is the loyalty thing. But business is business I guess

Sadly, going local seems to work out better for everything BUT music in my experience. Just seems like I have met a lot of either shady or ignorant people in local music shops.

Either way, humbucker rules
Thunderverb 50,
modded SG, pedals, shiner bock.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:01 pm

There used to be a few GREAT local music stores around here but they're all gone. There's one store here in Marlborough but the people who work there know NOTHING but will happily tell customers all sorts of inaccurate information to try to make a sale. I hate that worse than I hate corporate stores... so I only buy single strings there in an emergency.

The best local store now is ebay.

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:59 pm

I think the main reason that people don't buy Oranges from their local shop is that their local shop doesn't have them. There are plenty of people that become interested in Orange from internet reviews, videos, etc. and then find that they must buy one online or make a long trip to a major city.

defrag
Orange Expert

Post by defrag » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:06 pm

TheOrangeJuicer wrote:No problems but you should support your local dealers rather than order gear by mail. You might be surprised at the benefits (or disappointed by the disadvantages of long distance transactions).
Great idea in theory, but I find my local dealers overpriced, understocked, & too eccentric.
Besides, I don't mind saving money with no sales tax, free shipping, huge selection, & matching prices.
Mesa Roadster, Egnater Rebel, Orange Terror, Blackheart Giant • Ric 360MG, Schecter C1, Martin OMC15, Moog Phatty/6 Foogers, Korg microXL/Electribe MX • Alesis, Boss, Mackie, Peterson, Radial ( o )==#
http://gamefreaks.net/defrag/personal/music.html ♪♫

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:28 pm

defrag wrote:Great idea in theory, but I find my local dealers overpriced, understocked, & too eccentric.
Besides, I don't mind saving money with no sales tax, free shipping, huge selection, & matching prices.
No kidding. There used to be great locals around here, but the ones that are left fit your description to a T.

With the advent of the internet, we have more information available to us so we don't have to rely on a dealer to get info- in fact, most times I'd bet the average customer walks in with more knowledge than the sales staff...

... and I don't mind saving money either...

indianDYsummer
Orange Master

Post by indianDYsummer » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:31 am

bclaire wrote:
defrag wrote:Great idea in theory, but I find my local dealers overpriced, understocked, & too eccentric.
No kidding. There used to be great locals around here, but the ones that are left fit your description to a T.

With the advent of the internet, we have more information available to us so we don't have to rely on a dealer to get info- in fact, most times I'd bet the average customer walks in with more knowledge than the sales staff...

... and I don't mind saving money either...

Yeah I've found this to be true too. The average person now has the resources and free time to really research every single thing about a product they want to buy, but retailers don't seem to have the time or energy or interest to gain that in-depth knowledge about everything they stock...