OT: Why Oh Why Pandora?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Drdos
Orange Master

OT: Why Oh Why Pandora?

Post by Drdos » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:54 pm

It doesn't matter what station I create inevitable it ends up on a Linkin Park tune and I have to stick an ice pick through my head... AHHHHHH!here's a funny link....in hehehe Sorry if you like this band I just don't.

"I'm not saying that Linkin Park is the worst band ever- I'm just saying that I'd rather have my teeth drilled while a rabid chihuahua knaw's on my nutsack- than listen to their music." ahahahaha.....

http://gc.canadianred.com/linkinrant.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vince

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Re: OT: Why Oh Why Pandora?

Post by bclaire » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:26 pm

I feel the same way about Journey...

Wendigo
Orange Master

Post by Wendigo » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:10 pm

....and REO Speedwagon....(shudders)

brianr0131
Orange Master

Post by brianr0131 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:20 pm

If you thumbs down it enough Pandora will get the hint (for that station only though)
Mesa Road King-Carvin Legacy 212-Silvertone 1484-Parker Fly DLX-Les Paul Trad Pro-USA ASAT-LP Junior-60's Tribute LP GTop-HWY1 Strat-Esquire Build-Peavey Predator-VHT Valvulator-Bud Wah-CMAT Signa Drive-Keeley Mod DS1-Monte Allum Dyna Comp-TU2-CE5-GE7-DD7

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:29 pm

Drdos wrote:It doesn't matter what station I create inevitable it ends up on a Linkin Park tune and I have to stick an ice pick through my head... AHHHHHH!here's a funny link....in hehehe Sorry if you like this band I just don't.

"I'm not saying that Linkin Park is the worst band ever- I'm just saying that I'd rather have my teeth drilled while a rabid chihuahua knaw's on my nutsack- than listen to their music." ahahahaha.....

http://gc.canadianred.com/linkinrant.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Actually I think Lincoln Park is the second worst band ever, just behind Korn.

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:31 pm

Korn, Linkin Park, Journey, REO Speedwagon - this thread is craptastic! I hereby nominate Bachman Turner Overdrive to join the list. I'd like to take care of business all over their albums :D .

chinese fork tie
Orange Master

Post by chinese fork tie » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:33 pm

bclaire wrote:I feel the same way about Journey...
oh good god, how i hate steve perry and his ultra-femme band of girly songsters. i can't listen to classic rock radio anymore, cause every time i do, it goes 'oh, awesome. they're playing a beatles song that hasn't been played to death.' so i listen to the radio for two minutes. and then after the beatles fades out, i get treated to journey. so i change the station away for five minutes and turn back to some good (early-70's) neil young. sweet. stoked on this. and follow it up with bachmann-turner fxcking overdrive. and then i have to turn the goddamned station again.

classic rock radio is worse than bubblegum pop radio as far as i'm concerned. sure pop radio plays the same songs all day, every day; but at least those songs get replaced every couple months when some new novelty hit comes out (the kids will get tired of supermanning hoes and decided to learn how to dougie?). with classic rock radio, the shitty songs never go away. you'll always be hearing 'taking care of business' every morning on yr drive to work in between segments of 'booger and the nuge prank call yr boss!!!'
http://myspace.com/rewritedept
i gotta movie in my head! you wanna see it?

MaxProphet
Orange Master

Post by MaxProphet » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:26 am

i can't stand the commercials i usually end up on cbc

Bandeapart
Orange Master

Post by Bandeapart » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:37 am

It does that to me with Bloc Party... ew... whenever I try to listen to britrock stuff like Arctic Monkeys, The Rifles, Libertines, etc, they keep popping their stupid whiny faces into my mix! No matter how many thumbs down I give, they keep showing up.
Orange AD30TC, Rickenbacker 360, 52RI Tele

neonrust
Duke of Orange

Post by neonrust » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:57 pm

((((((((((((((((((((((((Andy))))))))))))))))))))

Wendigo
Orange Master

Post by Wendigo » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:09 pm

Hahaha! I might actually try that with the marshmallows...plus you can eat them afterwards.

JRogero
Orange Hero

Post by JRogero » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:10 pm

I think Nickel back gets the prize for worst band over Lincoln Park and Journey. I had to work with someone who would play Nickel back over and over again. It was awful. Every song sounds exactly the same. If a soulless robot wrote hard rock songs it would sound like Nickel back.

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:13 pm

Nickelback has officially won the title of Worst Band Ever. Congratulations to the hearing-impaired, for they will never endure the pain of hearing Nickelback.

Wired
Orange Master

Post by Wired » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:40 am

Wendigo wrote:Hahaha! I might actually try that with the marshmallows...plus you can eat them afterwards.
oh my... that sounds horrid.

For the record. "Hell Yea" by Rev Theory needs to go away. Worst song of 2010. I actually called up the local radio station and told them to email me when they've taken that awful song outa the rotation. Interestingly enough, one of the DJ's did email me back and says she will do whatever she can to keep it off the air during her shift (evening 6pm onward) because everytime she hears it she wants to claw her eardrums out with a stir stick.
-LK
RV50, Vox AC30, Gibson LP Trad '14, Gibson ES-335 '04, PRS Cu24 '10, Fender Tele Pro, Gretsch Powerjet

Wendigo
Orange Master

Post by Wendigo » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:04 pm

I just listened to "Hell Yeah" for the first and lst time. You are right. "Gimme a HELL, gimme a YEEEAAAH!"....wtf? That song sucks.