Post Your GAS

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

thehoj

Re: Post Your GAS

Post by thehoj » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:37 am

Marshall 1959HW Handwired Plexi Head
'09 Am Std Tele > Korg PB > Klon Clone > Ibanez PH7 > AD30HTC + 212 THD style cab (w/ WGS vet30 + et65)

Bensen
Orange Master

Post by Bensen » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:18 am

PS: Hey thehoj, welcom to the forum. How does the Klon sound with the ad30?

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:57 am

Hey Bensen. That little amp looks cool. Do you have a link to the makers website?
David
I'm speaking out of my a$$. Yours might differ.

RickenBangler
Orange Hero

Post by RickenBangler » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:20 am

As you asked...

Cheers,
R
th30.jpg
th30.jpg (86.59 KiB) Viewed 4211 times
lemmy_950.jpg
lemmy_950.jpg (119.53 KiB) Viewed 4211 times
Susanna_Hoffs0_455.jpg
Susanna_Hoffs0_455.jpg (118.21 KiB) Viewed 4211 times
CR60C+PPC112 Mini Stack
Rickenbacker 620/6 JetGlo | G&L Fallout | Fender P-Bass
MarkBass Micromark 801
Past Orange Relationships Micro Crush | Crush CR35LDX | Tiny Terror | OR15/PPC112

The Provocateurs Bandcamp

Bensen
Orange Master

Post by Bensen » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:43 am

Orphin wrote:Hey Bensen. That little amp looks cool. Do you have a link to the makers website?
Ja, it's an awesome amp. It's called El34 by Reußenzehn. Single-ended and you can put in any poweramp tube without rebiasing (he makes an adapter for el84) - 10W for el64 and 6V6 and 10W or 19W for anything else. That amp is used in lots of German studios and sounds really cool. Webpage: http://el34.de/

BLS
Rocker

Post by BLS » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:47 am

Bensen
Orange Master

Post by Bensen » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:49 am

BLS wrote:Image
:lol: more SGs - awesome, really love your gear

misterMagoo
Orange Master

Post by misterMagoo » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:21 am

TESLA_EL34 wrote:TESLAS AMP QUEST. WHO WILL WIN?
Personally, I'm on the edge of my seat!
-Joe
My mother wears army boots.

RV50 mkI
AC30 combo

Hot tamale.

http://lifereformatted.wordpress.com/
Check out my blog - adventure, travel, and the meaning of life.

Nork
Orange Master

Post by Nork » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:18 am

Bensen wrote:
Orphin wrote:Hey Bensen. That little amp looks cool. Do you have a link to the makers website?
Ja, it's an awesome amp. It's called El34 by Reußenzehn. Single-ended and you can put in any poweramp tube without rebiasing (he makes an adapter for el84) - 10W for el64 and 6V6 and 10W or 19W for anything else. That amp is used in lots of German studios and sounds really cool. Webpage: http://el34.de/

great now i've got gas for that too...
--Nick

Parker Nitefly SA -> TC PolyTune -> OLER Box ->Timmy -> MP SHOD -> Eventide TimeFactor/e3 -> Orange TT -> Avatar 112 (Weber 1225)

Wired
Orange Master

Post by Wired » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:54 am

PRS Custom 24 in whale blue (currently on order)

Marshall Vintage Modern

Orange Dual Terror

Seekwah with tap tempo mod

Micro Korg

:D
-LK
RV50, Vox AC30, Gibson LP Trad '14, Gibson ES-335 '04, PRS Cu24 '10, Fender Tele Pro, Gretsch Powerjet

thehoj

Post by thehoj » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:04 am

Bensen wrote:PS: Hey thehoj, welcom to the forum. How does the Klon sound with the ad30?
Hey, it's great to be here :mrgreen:
I have to say I've been enjoying the threads here, seems like a nice community.

I just recently got the ad30, and it is just perfect for my style of music. I LOVE the klon clone I have with the amp. (this is the klon I built http://buildyourowntone.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; when he was still selling the pcb's.. I think he only sells assembled pedals now). Anyways, I play in a band that does quite a variety of stuff, so I have one channel on my amp set up for mild crunch which I can dial back to a cleanish sound with my guitar's volume control, then I have the second channel set up for some nice gainy sound, and when I have the klon set at basically a boost type setting (everything basically at noon) It just pushes it a bit further and I can get this perfect high gain (for me) sound.

To summarize, I love it. Perfect boost/OD pedal for me. I would never pay the prices the real Klon's fetch, but this clone does it for me. I might try and pick up one of the new klon's whenever they're released, but I'll have to see.
'09 Am Std Tele > Korg PB > Klon Clone > Ibanez PH7 > AD30HTC + 212 THD style cab (w/ WGS vet30 + et65)

Bensen
Orange Master

Post by Bensen » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:36 am

Nork wrote:
Bensen wrote:

great now i've got gas for that too...

You're welcom :lol: Thats what guitarforums are all about, isn't it?

Oh, and of course it is el84 and not el64 :D

thehoj wrote:
Bensen wrote:PS: Hey thehoj, welcom to the forum. How does the Klon sound with the ad30?
Hey, it's great to be here :mrgreen:
I have to say I've been enjoying the threads here, seems like a nice community.

I just recently got the ad30, and it is just perfect for my style of music. I LOVE the klon clone I have with the amp. (this is the klon I built http://buildyourowntone.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; when he was still selling the pcb's.. I think he only sells assembled pedals now). Anyways, I play in a band that does quite a variety of stuff, so I have one channel on my amp set up for mild crunch which I can dial back to a cleanish sound with my guitar's volume control, then I have the second channel set up for some nice gainy sound, and when I have the klon set at basically a boost type setting (everything basically at noon) It just pushes it a bit further and I can get this perfect high gain (for me) sound.

To summarize, I love it. Perfect boost/OD pedal for me. I would never pay the prices the real Klon's fetch, but this clone does it for me. I might try and pick up one of the new klon's whenever they're released, but I'll have to see.

Sounds cool, I want to check one of the klone clones at some point. What music do you play?
Oh and yes, this is a nice plays on the internet. Almost no flaming or metal :mrgreen:

thehoj

Post by thehoj » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:32 pm

Bensen wrote:Sounds cool, I want to check one of the klone clones at some point. What music do you play?
Oh and yes, this is a nice plays on the internet. Almost no flaming or metal :mrgreen:
The covers we do are stuff from the strokes, weezer, chili peppers, stuff like that.
We play a lot of original stuff that varies from clean ballad type stuff to 80's power rock type stuff, and in between. Stuff that blends in with the covers we do.
Our bass guitarist plays a very pronounced part in the band, so that caters nicely to the chili peppers inspired stuff.

I'm the rhythm guitarist, and also have an older Traynor guitarmate which I've slightly modified (reversable mods) to more of a jcm800 preamp section with a stock power section.

Our lead guitarist plays on a strat with a marshall jcm2000.

BLS
Rocker

Post by BLS » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:50 am

indianDYsummer
Orange Master

Post by indianDYsummer » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:03 am

Image or Image

Image or Image