Anyone got a sennheiser e845 and a multimeter?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

irish_admiral
Prince of Orange

Anyone got a sennheiser e845 and a multimeter?

Post by irish_admiral » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:21 pm

Picked up a couple of used E845s (no, not from China), but i'm just trying to work out if they're knock offs as the colouring on them is very slightly different to that on my E865, which is legit.

They look fine, the lettering is fine, the insides look fine, the little cases for them look fine, and they're the right dimensions. The only thing bothering me is that they both weigh about 25g more than the Sennheiser website says they should. But I got each mic off a different person.

I don't have a new E845 to compare them to at the mo.

Running through a PA, the mics sound fine, and sound identical to each other. Tonally, they sound reasonably close to my E865. I recorded a few clips with them, vocals and miking up a speaker, and again, both sounded identical. Quick & dirty measurement of the impedance across pins 2 & 3 with my cheap & nasty multimeter gave me a reading of about 370 ohms, which should be 350 ohms, but my MM is bad enough to account for the difference.

Anyone got a new 845 they can weigh?

Just wondering if they've changed a little down the years, weight & colour wise...
Joe

G(sus) saves

Orange AD15, Matamp 1224, Fender 'JD' Tele, G&L ASAT, Duesenberg Starplayer TV, Eggle Kanuga, Avalon D25, Warwick FNA Jazzman, Eden Nemesis / Bergantino EX112S, Eastman MD305 & other stuff...