A photo, just because...

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Tango
Orange Master
Posts: 3674
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 6:08 pm
Location: London Calling

A photo, just because...

Post by Tango » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:27 pm

...he's one of my two favourite guitarists ever, and there are Oranges too :D

Image
Image
http://www.radio-clash.com/fr_home.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Foef
Orange Master
Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:01 pm
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: A photo, just because...

Post by Foef » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:32 pm

Is he perhaps the reason for you having your guitar of choice?

Grtz, Bert.
Squier 15 (1988)
Mesa/Boogie F50 (2005)
Orange CR60C (2014)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Factory/438445022903833
http://www.facebook.com/ODcoverband

Tango
Orange Master
Posts: 3674
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 6:08 pm
Location: London Calling

Re: A photo, just because...

Post by Tango » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:47 pm

Believe it or not no. I've wanted a Les Paul Custom, specifically in white since I was about 15. It was Billy Duffy who actually got me wanting a white guitar with his Falcon way back, but it had to be a Custom and not a Gretsch, nothing to do with JDB.

The fact that my two fav's JDB and Mick Jones play them is pure coincidence. Also other guitarists in bands I like, Pistols,(same guitar)Dolls, Darkness play them too :D
Image
http://www.radio-clash.com/fr_home.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Foef
Orange Master
Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:01 pm
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: A photo, just because...

Post by Foef » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:57 pm

Talking about Billy Duffy....

The Cult are coming to play in my hometown in Februari!
How cool is that? Especially since i'm going! Yay!

Grtz, Bert.
Squier 15 (1988)
Mesa/Boogie F50 (2005)
Orange CR60C (2014)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Factory/438445022903833
http://www.facebook.com/ODcoverband

Tango
Orange Master
Posts: 3674
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 6:08 pm
Location: London Calling

Re: A photo, just because...

Post by Tango » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:10 pm

Cool! Have a great time :D
Image
http://www.radio-clash.com/fr_home.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bclaire
Forum Moderator
Posts: 17757
Joined: Thu May 02, 2002 9:19 pm
Location: Outside Boston MA, USA
Contact:

Re: A photo, just because...

Post by bclaire » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:32 pm

Frank and I are going to see The Cult on Halloween!

Foef
Orange Master
Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:01 pm
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: A photo, just because...

Post by Foef » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:53 pm

@Tango (Rachel): Thanks, i will!!!

@Billy: We don't do that Halloween thing here. So dress up and enjoy!

Grtz, Bert.
Squier 15 (1988)
Mesa/Boogie F50 (2005)
Orange CR60C (2014)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Factory/438445022903833
http://www.facebook.com/ODcoverband

Tango
Orange Master
Posts: 3674
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 6:08 pm
Location: London Calling

Re: A photo, just because...

Post by Tango » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:21 pm

bclaire wrote:Frank and I are going to see The Cult on Halloween!
Ooo, excellent!!!! Have a monster mash! :twisted:
Image
http://www.radio-clash.com/fr_home.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

blackcloud45
Orange Master
Posts: 4435
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: USA

Re: A photo, just because...

Post by blackcloud45 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:31 pm

I saw the Cult ~11-12 years ago and they were awesome! The reason I have that '75 black LP Custom is the cover of Sonic Temple, an old Motley Crue poster where Mick Mars is playing one, and Mel Galley played one!
Image

http://hypersoulrocks.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.myspace.com/lovea45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

peanuts
Tiny Terror
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:25 pm

Re: A photo, just because...

Post by peanuts » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:26 pm

.
Last edited by peanuts on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

not_again
Orange Expert
Posts: 623
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:54 pm
Location: USA

Re: A photo, just because...

Post by not_again » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:39 am

I am really jealous of all of you!
But still love you all!
~mark~

Image
...Just an old guy without a clue!

Frank H
Orange Master
Posts: 1822
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:25 am
Location: USA

Re: A photo, just because...

Post by Frank H » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:23 am

Tango wrote:Believe it or not no. I've wanted a Les Paul Custom, specifically in white since I was about 15. It was Billy Duffy who actually got me wanting a white guitar with his Falcon way back, but it had to be a Custom and not a Gretsch, nothing to do with JDB.

The fact that my two fav's JDB and Mick Jones play them is pure coincidence. Also other guitarists in bands I like, Pistols,(same guitar)Dolls, Darkness play them too :D
Great minds think alike.....and OHHH YEAH, THE CULT!!!

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange
Posts: 10149
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:44 am

Re: A photo, just because...

Post by Randy Bass » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:03 am

peanuts wrote:what's the amp he's sitting on? a hayseed?
That's what I want to know. It looks awesome!
_________________
Image

Tango
Orange Master
Posts: 3674
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 6:08 pm
Location: London Calling

Re: A photo, just because...

Post by Tango » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:02 am

Frank H wrote:
Tango wrote:Believe it or not no. I've wanted a Les Paul Custom, specifically in white since I was about 15. It was Billy Duffy who actually got me wanting a white guitar with his Falcon way back, but it had to be a Custom and not a Gretsch, nothing to do with JDB.

The fact that my two fav's JDB and Mick Jones play them is pure coincidence. Also other guitarists in bands I like, Pistols,(same guitar)Dolls, Darkness play them too :D
Great minds think alike.....and OHHH YEAH, THE CULT!!!
Indeed :mrgreen:
Image
http://www.radio-clash.com/fr_home.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

irish_admiral
Prince of Orange
Posts: 18031
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:57 am
Location: Wales

Re: A photo, just because...

Post by irish_admiral » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:37 pm

The Cult were the first band I owned an album from... got hooked by the riff from Lil' Devil...
Joe

G(sus) saves

Orange AD15, Matamp 1224, Fender 'JD' Tele, G&L ASAT, Duesenberg Starplayer TV, Eggle Kanuga, Avalon D25, Warwick FNA Jazzman, Eden Nemesis / Bergantino EX112S, Eastman MD305 & other stuff...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 64 guests