Saw Rush for the first time last night

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

nerd
Orange Expert

Saw Rush for the first time last night

Post by nerd » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:58 pm

This was their first time in Chile, I wanted to see them since long ago.
I'm a fan of all their work up until moving pictures, I don't really care much about the rest. This is why maybe it was a bit too much of it, but to hear the Spirit of Radio, Freewill, 2112, Tom Sawyer, YYZ, Red Barchetta, La Villa, etc, was AWESOME.
The sound was incredible, unlike many shows I've been lately where it's not loud enough or its loud but farty. Sound was loud, tight and clear. Geddy Lee's AD200s sounded great, but his voice can get pretty annoying after a while and there are some accommodations he has to make to reach some notes, that sounds pretty lame sometimes. I didn't like Lifeson's tone very much. He now uses too much gain for my taste and it makes it sound a bit muddy, maybe there was also too much reverb or ambiance to that tone aswell. The clean parts of La villa sounded great though.

Ohara
Orange Master

Re: Saw Rush for the first time last night

Post by Ohara » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:32 pm

If you like Rush, you should check out their DVD Backstage Secrets Rush-Snakes and Arrows Tour, it documents the goings on behind the scenes of their tour. It is pretty cool to see what goes into their show every night, such as the different lighting and speaker setups. I highly recommend :D
Just call me Ken

proud member #81 of the Tiny Terror Club
proud owner of Rocker 30 combo in white

David Verb
Rocker

Re: Saw Rush for the first time last night

Post by David Verb » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:27 am

Ohara wrote:If you like Rush, you should check out their DVD Backstage Secrets Rush-Snakes and Arrows Tour, it documents the goings on behind the scenes of their tour. It is pretty cool to see what goes into their show every night, such as the different lighting and speaker setups. I highly recommend :D
Coooooolllllllll. Just saw a few snippets online. That's awesome that they give the tech's a little bit of spotlight. Makes you appreciate everyone's hard work!
Amp
Orange Rockerverb 100

Cabinet
PPC 412 HP 8