Fender Sellabration sale at Musicians Friend for October

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

indianDYsummer
Orange Master

Fender Sellabration sale at Musicians Friend for October

Post by indianDYsummer » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:45 pm

So the actual sale is, if you call and ask about it, 15% off any Fender over $1000 for all of October.

But I was like, man, I was gonna buy the classic player jazzmaster, but it's only $800, oh well, and they gave me 10% off anyways. Not bad since I was finally going to get one today anyways!

NGD thread incoming in 3-5 days... also my Curtis Novak pickups should be on the way too. The day after I ordered them he posted on his facebook that he was going to be meeting Pavement and Sonic Youth that night. So hopefully I'll get some Thurston Moore and Stephen Malkmus DNA on my pickup coils from handshaking bands/handbuilding pickups, and they'll be infused with secret Jazzmaster rock mojo! 8) I feel better at guitar already!

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Re: Fender Sellabration sale at Musicians Friend for October

Post by Randy Bass » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:34 pm

indianDYsummer wrote:...The day after I ordered them he posted on his facebook that he was going to be meeting Pavement and Sonic Youth that night. So hopefully I'll get some Thurston Moore and Stephen Malkmus DNA on my pickup coils from handshaking bands/handbuilding pickups, and they'll be infused with secret Jazzmaster rock mojo! 8) I feel better at guitar already!
I'd actually prefer it if they washed any DNA off of their hands prior to shaking hands with me :wink: .

misterMagoo
Orange Master

Post by misterMagoo » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:57 pm

indianDYsummer wrote:So the actual sale is, if you call and ask about it, 15% off any Fender over $1000 for all of October.

But I was like, man, I was gonna buy the classic player jazzmaster, but it's only $800, oh well, and they gave me 10% off anyways. Not bad since I was finally going to get one today anyways!

NGD thread incoming in 3-5 days... also my Curtis Novak pickups should be on the way too. The day after I ordered them he posted on his facebook that he was going to be meeting Pavement and Sonic Youth that night. So hopefully I'll get some Thurston Moore and Stephen Malkmus DNA on my pickup coils from handshaking bands/handbuilding pickups, and they'll be infused with secret Jazzmaster rock mojo! 8) I feel better at guitar already!
You beat me to it. :mrgreen:
-Joe
My mother wears army boots.

RV50 mkI
AC30 combo

Hot tamale.

http://lifereformatted.wordpress.com/
Check out my blog - adventure, travel, and the meaning of life.

jord123
Orange Hero

Post by jord123 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:14 am

wow, saw pavemnet last month. jazzmaster+ad30+SM's fingers are truely something magical...plus as it always is w/ Steven it was a comedy show of him making fun of spiral everytime he tried to sing... perfect. I will say spirals guitar tone was verygood though.
Rain..Ammunition

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:27 am

indianDYsummer wrote:So the actual sale is, if you call and ask about it, 15% off any Fender over $1000 for all of October.

You did it! You'll be happy. Those are nice. I decided not to get that G&L. I'm on the Les Paul hunt but I cringe everytime I think of the price. I'm trying to sell some gear / save some cash. Soon my friend, soon!

ps Don't tell my mom on Facebook I buy all this equipment. I owe her $5000. I've paid her back $5000 already but she'll get pissed if she knows I spend all my other money on gear when I could be paying her more every month. haha!

thelichenthrope

Post by thelichenthrope » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:17 am

baytamusic wrote:ps Don't tell my mom on Facebook I buy all this equipment. I owe her $5000. I've paid her back $5000 already but she'll get pissed if she knows I spend all my other money on gear when I could be paying her more every month. haha!
Ha! I have the same problem, except replace "mom" with "student loan companies" and replace "$5000" with $30K! It hurts, don't it?
-- ZSDP

Rockerverb 50
PPC212-C
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fuzz

indianDYsummer
Orange Master

Post by indianDYsummer » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:29 am

jord123 wrote:wow, saw pavemnet last month. jazzmaster+ad30+SM's fingers are truely something magical...plus as it always is w/ Steven it was a comedy show of him making fun of spiral everytime he tried to sing... perfect. I will say spirals guitar tone was verygood though.
Yeah I saw pavement in June. He was playing a Retro 50 into a rather new looking marshall 4x10 (instead of his usual beat to crap 4x12). It was AWESOME.

indianDYsummer
Orange Master

Post by indianDYsummer » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:45 am

baytamusic wrote:

You did it! You'll be happy. Those are nice. I decided not to get that G&L. I'm on the Les Paul hunt but I cringe everytime I think of the price. I'm trying to sell some gear / save some cash. Soon my friend, soon!

ps Don't tell my mom on Facebook I buy all this equipment. I owe her $5000. I've paid her back $5000 already but she'll get pissed if she knows I spend all my other money on gear when I could be paying her more every month. haha!

I think I made the right choice. I'll get a ton of use out of this guitar and will be only 1k INCLUDING hardshell case and novak pickups. Hopefully I'll be able to sell the CP pickups eventually and net under $900 for the thing. I'll just throw them ebay for unlimited buy it now OBO.

I also decided that if I end up being a jazzmaster freak I'm going to build my own super jazzmaster from parts in a cool surfy color. This way I can get pickups I want, and the mastery bridge stock. Probs get some fancy warmoth neck with a compound radius and put a fake fender decal on it. I dunno. Still deciding on a lot of this. It'll beat the heck out of an american and probably cost less. Definitely less than modding an AVRI, maybe even a CIJ/MIJ.

Anyways, you could get a sweet deal on an american tele right now. A different Fender guitar, too. Food for thought, but I know you said you bailed on the G&L. I played one of those new 1950s Les Pauls with p90s at guitar center. I liked it, but the chambered body seemed weird. The finish also sucked. Good price and a solid guitar, but it felt lacking. Something nice should turn up on craigslist. There's 1970s LPs on my craigslist for $1500 surprisingly frequently, but I never pay attention to the details (binding, pickups, exact model etc).

I owe my parents some money too, so your secrets are safe with me. 8)

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:58 am

baytamusic wrote:...ps Don't tell my mom on Facebook I buy all this equipment. I owe her $5000...
I owe her a lot more than that :lol: .

thehoj

Post by thehoj » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:51 pm

Malkmus was playing a Strat through a 5150 when pavement was on Jimmy Fallon.. Wonder why the change from the gear I see him using in every other performance.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/180574/late-n ... ent-stereo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by thehoj on Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'09 Am Std Tele > Korg PB > Klon Clone > Ibanez PH7 > AD30HTC + 212 THD style cab (w/ WGS vet30 + et65)

indianDYsummer
Orange Master

Post by indianDYsummer » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:55 pm

thehoj wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Malkmus was playing a Strat through a 5150 when pavement was on Jimmy Fallon.. Wonder why the change from the gear I see him using in every other performance.

I saw this, too. With Pavement, he changes between his white jazzmaster and black strat for different songs with different tunings.

As far as the 5150 goes, when they were on Fallon, Pavement was in the middle of playing 4 back to back nightly shows in NYC, and I'm guessing he left his stage gear at the venue and just used whatever. I could be wrong.

thehoj

Post by thehoj » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:56 pm

haha.. you quoted me before I edited my posted confirming with a vid that I wasn't seeing things.
'09 Am Std Tele > Korg PB > Klon Clone > Ibanez PH7 > AD30HTC + 212 THD style cab (w/ WGS vet30 + et65)

indianDYsummer
Orange Master

Post by indianDYsummer » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:01 pm

haha, yeah their whole performance I was like WHERES THAT RETRO 50? But all I could see was the 5150. Stephen Malkmus with a peavey? There's no way that's his!

nguideau
Orange Master

Post by nguideau » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:05 pm

jord123 wrote:wow, saw pavemnet last month. jazzmaster+ad30+SM's fingers are truely something magical...plus as it always is w/ Steven it was a comedy show of him making fun of spiral everytime he tried to sing... perfect. I will say spirals guitar tone was verygood though.
I saw them in the first Central Park show a couple Tuesdays ago. Fortunately, Malkmus was in a good mood and was being nice to his bandmates. Unfortunately, I hear that didn't last through the week.
- Nathan

indianDYsummer
Orange Master

Post by indianDYsummer » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:13 pm

Man. You guys are making me want to see Pavement again.

Also, I hate this 15% off thing. I want an american tele in blizzard pearl :( .