WORST tone you've ever heard?!?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

tadaitstyler
Orange Hero

Re: WORST tone you've ever heard?!?

Post by tadaitstyler » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:36 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSeiG6qMhaI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

all hail line6 podfarm and its ability to make any guitar sound like it's all played with a midi keyboard.

=)

Joey Sturgis is the worst producer I have ever heard. Can't imagine paying the $1000+ he charges a song for that crap. I can get the same tone in my apartment at 3 am.

jord123
Orange Hero

Post by jord123 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:06 pm

I dunno i just like the sound of open strings and wierd chords..... it just seems like every one i ever see shows up w/an acoustic and a capo and just plays 1st position chords behind a capo. im sure some people use them magically but everyone i see just uses them to cheat. whatever, just seems wierd that no body can play w/out them around here. of course everone around here sucks (not as musicians per say but as imaginative artists).
Rain..Ammunition

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:51 pm

It never ceases to amaze me that this forum is the only one I've ever been on where I actually see people apologising to each other if they've said something out of line - doesn't happen anywhere else on the net, one of the many reasons I've stuck around here and vacated so many other forums! Well done guys! ;)
Teddy
The Blackwater Rebellion: 2-piece alt rock duo http://theblackwaterrebellion.bandcamp.com/
I play an AD30TC

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:59 pm

Le Chat Noir wrote:It never ceases to amaze me that this forum is the only one I've ever been on where I actually see people apologising to each other if they've said something out of line - doesn't happen anywhere else on the net, one of the many reasons I've stuck around here and vacated so many other forums! Well done guys! ;)
Shut the hell up Teddy.

:lol:

OU818
Orange Master

Post by OU818 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:07 pm

Yeah Teddy, I think you should apologise for upsetting Bayta.
Orange Gear:
AD200B MkIII
OBC810

Non-Orange:
Bergantino NXT212
Bergantino Forte D
Woogie Lessie
Laney DBV-410

Basses:
Ernie Ball Stingray 4H
Rickenbacker 4003
Gibson Midtown Signature
Gibson Thunderbird
Gibson Nikki Sixx Thunderbird
Gibson Les Paul Bass

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:26 pm

I apologise for my totally unprovoked outburst of soppy reasonableness - totally unacceptable, I know :wink: I will now repeatedly punch myself in the face then go and start a flame war on ultimate guitar to make amends!
Teddy
The Blackwater Rebellion: 2-piece alt rock duo http://theblackwaterrebellion.bandcamp.com/
I play an AD30TC

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:36 pm

Le Chat Noir wrote:I apologise for my totally unprovoked outburst of soppy reasonableness - totally unacceptable, I know :wink: I will now repeatedly punch myself in the face then go and start a flame war on ultimate guitar to make amends!
;)

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:58 am

Le Chat Noir wrote:...I will now repeatedly punch myself in the face then go and start a flame war on ultimate guitar to make amends!
Pics or it didn't happen :?: .

I'm sorry I couldn't come up with a better joke :( .

sidvicious
Orange Master

Post by sidvicious » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:26 am

another tone i didn't care for.

when johnny winter went to that small guitar [can't remember the make], it sounded too sugary with no salt. and, i've worshiped johnny all my life and still do, but that change degraded his tone. i haven't gone back to check videos or anything but it sounds like over done active pickups to me. someone can correct me on this.

now, when he was playing the firebird, well, that is history and unbeatable.

i'll get flamed for this, but i'll say it. i've had several prs guitars. GREAT necks and overall construction. however, i do not like the pickup arrangement at all. the single coil tap is totally mousy in my opinion. however, that is my opinion and not gospel. the exception to that is that bugs henderson gets a great live tone from his prs.

i played a gig with bugs many moons ago, just after he'd switched to the prs. i tossed him my strat and i played his prs. he was on fire and tore it up.

afterwards he said, "man, i love that guitar, i just don't like it".
Orange TV50
Orange Rockerverb MkII 2x12 Combo
Orange DT
Orange AD5
Orange PPC212

Vox AC50
Vox AC30
Vox AC4
2 Vox NT's
Marshall TlS 100
Marshall JCM800
Marshall slant
Mesa TA
60's Silverface Fender Twin
65 F SuperVerb
Bunch of others.

jason41224
Orange Master

Post by jason41224 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:57 am

i don't get why so many people don't like PRS. they're fantastic guitars, even the little SE's aren't bad at all.
Jason
Rocker 30
too many pedals

StonieSlagg
Rocker

Post by StonieSlagg » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:17 am

some of the worst tone i ever heard was on earth crisis' debut ep back in 92.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bddufLTNGo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

listen at the 30 sec mark when the distortion kicks in...

Everyone tells me they're crazy. Well crazy people aren't so f**king boring. So wake me when you're through being cool, cause I'm snoring...

IceCreamMan

Post by IceCreamMan » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:13 am

worst tone i ever heard is my TT hooked up to a Boss MT 2 ...damn that sucked the large

bfitz
Orange Expert

Post by bfitz » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:49 am

JCM900's and Accordions :?

Orange AD30
Groove Tubes Soul-O 75
Orange PPC 212 OB
Boss Nextone 40
Fender CIJ Pink Paisley Tele
Fender Classic Player Strat 50s
Yamaha SA1200s
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Jnr

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:52 am

Bag pipes :lol:
Teddy
I play an AD30TC

Alan
Orange Hero

Post by Alan » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:18 pm

jason41224 wrote:i don't get why so many people don't like PRS. they're fantastic guitars, even the little SE's aren't bad at all.
I think they play beautifully, but personally find them too... faffy? Fussy? Fluffy? (No, not fluffy).

They're over-engineered to my eye - even the Mira, which I thought on paper was a PRS I could love, has that terrible table cut top. The SEs don't stop feeling cheap until the top end of the range, and up there you're sat with very tough competition.

Finally, there are a lot of internet folks (not tarring everyone with this brush, and certainly noone here, but still you find them everywhere) who are annoying in their PRS evangelism, nay, snobbery. I own some insanely expensive guitars, yet my opinion that most Mccartys look like a candy that's been sucked on for too long by a gummy old woman is met with strong derision and insults from these quarters. Meh, I say.