GRO100 for grabs

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Re: GRO100 for grabs

Post by bclaire » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:39 pm

I spoke with them today - changed transformers and it sounded like very recent replacements not older... dunno. It's a cool amp - they're going to get back to me about it, particularly shipping - like IF they'll even ship it! It might be a worthwhile project or at the least I could get it to a better point where it would be worth a little more...

I've been looking at some of my stuff and wondering why I even have some of them - mostly some amps. So I think I'm going to get some pictures together and look at thinning via the 'bay. Or maybe craigslist first but I generally have zero luck on craigslist Boston. Mostly the weirder stuff I think - like a pedal I never use, Ebow (why did I think I needed one of these?), my dead Ground Control footcontroller - mostly the clutter that's underfoot! And do I need TWO empty Marshall head sleeves?

ironlung40
Orange Master

Post by ironlung40 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:01 pm

bclaire wrote:I spoke with them today - changed transformers and it sounded like very recent replacements not older... dunno. It's a cool amp - they're going to get back to me about it, particularly shipping - like IF they'll even ship it! It might be a worthwhile project or at the least I could get it to a better point where it would be worth a little more...

I've been looking at some of my stuff and wondering why I even have some of them - mostly some amps. So I think I'm going to get some pictures together and look at thinning via the 'bay. Or maybe craigslist first but I generally have zero luck on craigslist Boston. Mostly the weirder stuff I think - like a pedal I never use, Ebow (why did I think I needed one of these?), my dead Ground Control footcontroller - mostly the clutter that's underfoot! And do I need TWO empty Marshall head sleeves?
Careful! You are beginning to sound like a married man. :mrgreen:
Sincerely,
Ironlung40
OR120 Pix/text
Tiny Terror HW
Rocker 30 combo
Rockververb 100 MKII
Thunderverb 200
Gibson SG 61 RI

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:19 pm

ironlung40 wrote:Careful! You are beginning to sound like a married man. :mrgreen:
I am a married man! he he he! It's just looking for more room in the practice room downstairs....! :mrgreen: