Anyone got a spare 20000 quid? :P

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Anyone got a spare 20000 quid? :P

Post by Le Chat Noir » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:11 pm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/fender-left-hande ... 0472220056

Bizarrely, it's located in a town about 8 miles from me, hah! Don't think I've ever seen a '59 lefty Tele before :) The guy also has a '67, '68 and '69. To be honest, I'd be scared to play it...
Teddy
The Blackwater Rebellion: 2-piece alt rock duo http://theblackwaterrebellion.bandcamp.com/
I play an AD30TC

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Re: Anyone got a spare 20000 quid? :P

Post by baytamusic » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:26 pm

That's cheap too... I was looking in the window of the vintage guitar shop by my house yesterday and I figured just one of the guitars on the top row would entirely pay off my student loans. It would completely change my life, and some guys just buy these things for fun.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:03 pm

Hmmm... I'm always suspicious of all vintage Fenders these days. It looks straight but I'd sure want to see more pictures... and disassembled pictures, too. There are a lot of counterfeit Fenders out there, and someone with the know-how could really fake a Fender like that. All of the parts look correct- and mid to late 59 Fender Teles could potentially have a combination of different features. For example, it has the 8 screw pickguard which happened mid 59 with a single ply white pickguard which was in the earlier part of 59, later to be replaced by the 3 ply- the slab rosewood board also was a mid 59 change, too. I can't see what kind of saddles are on there, but they ought to be threaded. The string ferrules look to be flush which would be correct. My main concern is the headstock- the butterfly string retainer should line up pretty closely with the A guitar peg and it looks a little off, but could be the angle of the photo- ditto, the decal looks a little off placement-wise. Could be variances in a hand-made guitar, but I'd want to see it in-hand. Still, I'd want to see provenance for this guitar if I was really interested in it- and a LOT more pictures!

Y0UNGBL00D
Orange Master

Post by Y0UNGBL00D » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:05 pm

i remember seeing a beat-to-hell broadcaster for over 35k at mars music like ten years ago. and i mean BEAT! about 5% original finish. mostly bare wood. and a near-black with dirt maple fingerboard.
Thunderverb 50,
modded SG, pedals, shiner bock.

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:40 am

All good info Billy - if I win the lottery, I'll be sure to check those things out before I buy, hehe!! ;)

To be honest it's unlikely, as I don't ever buy a lottery ticket :P
Teddy
The Blackwater Rebellion: 2-piece alt rock duo http://theblackwaterrebellion.bandcamp.com/
I play an AD30TC

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:16 pm

Le Chat Noir wrote:All good info Billy - if I win the lottery, I'll be sure to check those things out before I buy, hehe!! ;)

To be honest it's unlikely, as I don't ever buy a lottery ticket :P
Yeah thats the fatal flaw in my own get rich quick plan too... :roll:

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

Art
Rocker

Post by Art » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:48 pm

I'd put a bid in, but damn, it's a lefty...
~Joe

Fender Stratocaster w/ Seymour Duncan Hotrails into
Orange Rocker 30 Combo+PPC212 Cab.

http://www.myspace.com/artsgotagun

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:35 am

Art wrote:
It's only an old beater, so at a pinch you could always throw out that old nut and put in a righty one, drill some new fret markers on the other side of the neck and restring it for right-handed use... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But on a serious note... if someone actually did that I'd be forced to hunt them down and kill them ;)
Teddy
I play an AD30TC

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:37 pm

Le Chat Noir wrote:
Art wrote:
It's only an old beater, so at a pinch you could always throw out that old nut and put in a righty one, drill some new fret markers on the other side of the neck and restring it for right-handed use... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But on a serious note... if someone actually did that I'd be forced to hunt them down and kill them ;)
Didn't do Jimi in did you? :shock:

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:13 pm

a.hun wrote:Didn't do Jimi in did you? :shock:
Nah, righty guitars are fair game for leftys, but considering the relative lack of lefty guitars I feel that rightifying a lefty axe is a serious crime ;)
Teddy
I play an AD30TC

slate
Tiny Terror

Post by slate » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:21 pm

teddy - for a LOT less , you can buy my 87 explorer
(Link removed randy !)
Last edited by slate on Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:51 pm

That might be a problem...

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:45 pm

Sorry, but I keep seeing that Explorer and thinking 'Jeebus, that is one overpriced guitar'... considering what you can get for two and a half grand!!

I actually hate Gibson for how badly they mess with us lefties. Currently they only make Les Pauls, 335s and SGs in lefty format, with a 15% markup over rightys too... why no V or Explorer? :(

...still, the biggest lefty-related crime is still Fender discontinuing the lefty Jagstang long ago but still producing rightys. IT'S A LEFT HANDED PLAYER'S SIGNATURE MODEL YOU MORONS!

Sorry, had to get that out of my system :lol:
Teddy
I play an AD30TC

slate
Tiny Terror

Post by slate » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:18 pm

Le Chat Noir wrote:Sorry, but I keep seeing that Explorer and thinking 'Jeebus, that is one overpriced guitar'... considering what you can get for two and a half grand!!

I actually hate Gibson for how badly they mess with us lefties. Currently they only make Les Pauls, 335s and SGs in lefty format, with a 15% markup over rightys too... why no V or Explorer? :(

...still, the biggest lefty-related crime is still Fender discontinuing the lefty Jagstang long ago but still producing rightys. IT'S A LEFT HANDED PLAYER'S SIGNATURE MODEL YOU MORONS!

Sorry, had to get that out of my system :lol:
it may look expensive , but then so are les paul standards and 335's...
also consider how EXTREMELY rare it is - they only produced them lefty for 2 years .
ive only ever seen ONE other in this country and that was 24 years ago at Tempo music in Ealing high street.
also , they do currently produce V's lefty actually - ive recently had three of them (all sold on the 'bay) .
try centre city music in san diego if youre after one...

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:47 pm

slate wrote:teddy - for a LOT less , you can buy my 87 explorer :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Left-Handed-Gibso ... 255dc2766a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Forum rules FAIL :( .