Volume bost with a Rocker 30

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

brianr0131
Orange Master

Re: Volume bost with a Rocker 30

Post by brianr0131 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:56 pm

a.hun wrote:
brianr0131 wrote:Clean boost, Dirty boost either way it's relative. This method will work well if you have your gain knob around 2 o'clock (on my amp) or lower. Otherwise, it will just add gain and almost no volume. If someone likes their rhythm dirty sound to be real dirty, there's not much they can do on the R30 Dirty Channel for solo boost. It's just like the 100 threads about solo boost on a TT....anything you add in the front will just saturate the preamp section if your gain is set pretty high.
Clean cut though. That does change the volume. Why a couple of us have mentioned it really... :idea: :wink:

Andy.
I agree with you but if a person wants 3 (or 4 counting another clean sound) sounds that are:

1 Clean
2 High Gain
3 High Gain Louder for Solos

It will never work with an amp that has no effects loop because you are basically altering the input section only whether you use a clean boost or a clean cut. You're basically adding DBs or subtracting them but from the input stage only.

You can get:

1 Clean
2 Med Gain
3 High Gain (louder than #2)

with a great amount of success though.

I am just pointing out that without effects loop all you are noticeably changing is the input section.

If someone wants a real dirty and real dirty louder sounds then the TT or R30 will never give that without mods.

Someone who NEEDS this has to pick another amp or use the clean channel to get one of the dirty sounds.
Mesa Road King-Carvin Legacy 212-Silvertone 1484-Parker Fly DLX-Les Paul Trad Pro-USA ASAT-LP Junior-60's Tribute LP GTop-HWY1 Strat-Esquire Build-Peavey Predator-VHT Valvulator-Bud Wah-CMAT Signa Drive-Keeley Mod DS1-Monte Allum Dyna Comp-TU2-CE5-GE7-DD7

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Re: Volume bost with a Rocker 30

Post by a.hun » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:07 am

Well I don't tend to think in quite those terms, ie level 1, 2, 3, whatever. I'm someone who will always balance the guitar volume and the amp gain at any amp setting to get a whole spectrum of possibilities. This clean cut just gives two different starting points, and it works fine for me.

The R.30 has more than enough gain for most sounds I'd ever need, so I can basically always get away with setting the max I"ll need on the amp itself and cutting from there. And if I did need more gain, well the JD10 has an absolute shedload available so if I want singing feedback even at lowish volumes that is no problem either. With its independant gain and output volume controls I can either push the amps front end harder, softer, or not change the input level, and still get the whole spectrum of gain I'd need...

Works for me anyway. :)

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!