Well, I no longer am an Orange amp owner......

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Post Reply
Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange
Posts: 6826
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:17 pm
Location: USA

Well, I no longer am an Orange amp owner......

Post by Norrin Radd » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:50 pm

The RV50 half stack has been traded away and I placed an order for something different. Have lots of good memories of that amp. Just not what I'm hearing as great tone anymore - too two-dimensional and maybe a bit dark. I did love it for a long time, though. I will miss her. :(

Anyways, on to other things.
Greg

blackcloud45
Orange Master
Posts: 4435
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: USA

Re: Well, I no longer am an Orange amp owner......

Post by blackcloud45 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:52 pm

You'll be back :)
Image

http://hypersoulrocks.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.myspace.com/lovea45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

venusandeve
Tiny Terror
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:09 am

Re: Well, I no longer am an Orange amp owner......

Post by venusandeve » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:55 pm

gosh darn you!

(what did you get?)
Music Man Steve Morse Y2D in C standard with EMGs (85/sa/60)
Music Man Petrucci 7 String w/ Crunchlab & Liquifire
Gibson LP Std in standard tuning w/ emg Hetfield set
Dean 30th Anniv. V. stock
Orange Thunderverb 50 into Kool&Elfring 4x12XL /w v30s

Wendigo
Orange Master
Posts: 3270
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:24 pm
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Re: Well, I no longer am an Orange amp owner......

Post by Wendigo » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:59 pm

I've found the key to changing tastes is not to sell old gear, but rather to own everything! I hope you wont miss it later. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem like a JCM800/JMP type guy. (I am too though....)

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange
Posts: 6826
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:17 pm
Location: USA

Re: Well, I no longer am an Orange amp owner......

Post by Norrin Radd » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:10 pm

Wendigo wrote:I've found the key to changing tastes is not to sell old gear, but rather to own everything! I hope you wont miss it later. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem like a JCM800/JMP type guy. (I am too though....)
Funny you say that! I ordered a Dr. Z Remedy (based on a JTM45/Plexi) and Z best cab - I almost got an SRZ (based on the 800). I guess I do lean that way - and I've yet to play a Z I didn't like! :D I may miss the RV - but tonally it's just not what I want right now. Who knows what the future will bring? We'll see.

The nice thing is when you can make deals and not come out on the short end all the time. I got a very fair deal from my dealer which made this even possible. Who knows? Maybe there will be a TH30 in my future too!
Greg

Neiloler
Lord of Orange
Posts: 13310
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:06 am
Location: USA

Re: Well, I no longer am an Orange amp owner......

Post by Neiloler » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:35 pm

Hey, you gots ta do what ya gots ta do. Let us know how you get on with the new one.

Nork
Orange Master
Posts: 2309
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:51 pm
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Re: Well, I no longer am an Orange amp owner......

Post by Nork » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:44 pm

i really want a dr. z. they're just plain awesome amps.
--Nick

Parker Nitefly SA -> TC PolyTune -> OLER Box ->Timmy -> MP SHOD -> Eventide TimeFactor/e3 -> Orange TT -> Avatar 112 (Weber 1225)

Y0UNGBL00D
Orange Master
Posts: 1811
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 5:13 pm
Location: Austin TX

Re: Well, I no longer am an Orange amp owner......

Post by Y0UNGBL00D » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:01 pm

nothing to keep you from reviewing it here too!
Thunderverb 50,
modded SG, pedals, shiner bock.
Image

Norrin Radd
Duke of Orange
Posts: 6826
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:17 pm
Location: USA

Re: Well, I no longer am an Orange amp owner......

Post by Norrin Radd » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:49 pm

Neiloler wrote:Hey, you gots ta do what ya gots ta do. Let us know how you get on with the new one.
I will - its not like I gave up an R30! THAT would have bee a crime. Seriously - I love those amps. Maybe next time. Pretty sure I'll be shooting for a small combo next. :wink:
Greg

a.hun
Duke of Orange
Posts: 9764
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2002 1:05 am
Location: Amsterdam, Hollandland.nl

Re: Well, I no longer am an Orange amp owner......

Post by a.hun » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:23 pm

Norrin Radd wrote:
Neiloler wrote:Hey, you gots ta do what ya gots ta do. Let us know how you get on with the new one.
I will - its not like I gave up an R30! THAT would have bee a crime. Seriously - I love those amps. Maybe next time. Pretty sure I'll be shooting for a small combo next. :wink:
8) :lol:

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

Neiloler
Lord of Orange
Posts: 13310
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:06 am
Location: USA

Re: Well, I no longer am an Orange amp owner......

Post by Neiloler » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:37 pm

Haha, give up on a R30, who would DO something like that? Psh. Not me. I retubed V1 and V2, and I used it last night. I LOVED the tone. :)

jangle
Orange Hero
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:31 am
Location: USA

Re: Well, I no longer am an Orange amp owner......

Post by jangle » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:34 pm

Norrin Radd wrote:The RV50 half stack has been traded away and I placed an order for something different. Have lots of good memories of that amp. Just not what I'm hearing as great tone anymore - too two-dimensional and maybe a bit dark. I did love it for a long time, though. I will miss her. :(

Anyways, on to other things.
Like this?

Image

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange
Posts: 10149
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:44 am

Re: Well, I no longer am an Orange amp owner......

Post by Randy Bass » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:48 pm

jangle wrote:
Norrin Radd wrote:The RV50 half stack has been traded away and I placed an order for something different. Have lots of good memories of that amp. Just not what I'm hearing as great tone anymore - too two-dimensional and maybe a bit dark. I did love it for a long time, though. I will miss her. :(

Anyways, on to other things.
Like this?

Image
That looks like George Lynch's passport :D .
_________________
Image

screamingdaisy
Orange Master
Posts: 1324
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:38 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Well, I no longer am an Orange amp owner......

Post by screamingdaisy » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:18 pm

Norrin Radd wrote:The RV50 half stack has been traded away and I placed an order for something different. Have lots of good memories of that amp. Just not what I'm hearing as great tone anymore - too two-dimensional and maybe a bit dark. I did love it for a long time, though. I will miss her. :(

Anyways, on to other things.
That's why I got rid of mine. Sounded nice, but very generic.
Les Paul -> Wah -> Amp
Electric Amp 120w MV - Orange 4x12 + Electric 4x12

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests